main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Campaign Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I know this is long, but I wanted to start off my campaign with a speech explaining why I chose to run.

Fellow members of the Tulsa Fan Force, my name is Shelbi Allen, and I am one of the 4 nominies for the spot on the council. I first want to thank Jake for having enough confidence in me to nominate me in the first place. I also want to congradulate Heath Poe, Joe Wagner, and Mike Kelley on their being selected as candidates for the position.

I want to begin by explaining what this spot on the coucil means to me. I think of all of you as my second family. I want to thank each and every one of you, from the bottom of my heart, for accepting me into the group and making my family and me feel welcome. I feel that my generation of Star Wars fans is losing its intensity, and needs to be woken up. I also want to give the women more representation on the council, because, in my opinion, behind every successful man, there is a strong woman.

Now, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Why would we want some inexperienced young punk holding such an improtant office?" Yes, I realize that I am just a teenager; yes, I realize that school is my top priority at this point in my life, but I also want to enjoy these years and help make the fan force an enjoyable place for its present and future memebers. Something else that might be bothering you about me running could be something like, "Does this kid have the maturity, responsibility, and leadership qualities that this position requires?" I would have to say yes to this question as well. I have been involved in Student Council, Drug Free Youth, and National Honor Society since I was old enough to participate. I've had experience in both the vice president and secretary positions of Student Council, as well as the advisory board, where I, along with 5 other students represented our school at a convention in Oklahoma City. One last problem that you may have with my accepting this position would be my being able to attend every meeting. Well, you can ask Kara, if you don't believe me, but the only activity I remember missing since I joined in November of last year was the viewing of The Ring at Mike and Dena's house. And I will be getting my permit in October or November and my license in March, so I will be able to get my self to the meetings if I have to.

I promise this speech is almost over. I promise to bring new and fresh ideas to all future activities and events. I will be responsible and fulfill the duties of the office to the best of my abilities. I will be respectful and fair in all my descisions, I will not abuse the position in anyway. I will maturity in bothmy words and actions. And I will continue to love Star Wars and help others to realize that is isn't just a bunch of movies written and directed by some crazy old guy.

Thank you for listenin to all I had to say, and I look foward to the election on November first. Again, I wish all the canditdates the best of luck, and may the true master of the force win. I would also like to add that if any of you have any specific questions you would like me to answer, or something you want to know my opinion on, just send me a pm or post in this thread. Thanks again to all of you, and have a great day.

2. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Bravo Shelbi!

That is one tough speech for us boys :) to follow. I also want to wish you luck!

Heath

3. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I just wanted to clarify something, I have nothing against you guys(men). I just think it would be a good idea to add another woman to the council, to kinda keep it balanced. And thanks Heath, my friends at school got tired of reading the different drafts of that thing.

4. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I don't believe violence solves everything. If I am elected, I will do my best to keep the "Lord Emperor Supreme" under controll. But I do like the dunk dank idea Heath posted, just minus the knives. If you really think about it, this board would be kinda boring without Luke's interesting comments, Mike2's odd little clickies, all the heck we give to Otto, and all the other things everyone contributes.

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
  6. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I love that bit, and the video, which I hadn't seen before, makes it even better! [face_laugh]

7. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    That D&D video was great and so true!

Just to clarify the wheel that the LES is attached to is from a carnival where the knives pop out of the back. All slight of hand just to scare the LES into submission.
    I agree violence isn't the answer so we should all get foam bats and use that for therapy! :D

8. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Just moving this to the top so everybody can read and compare the three candidates who have posted here.

9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Thanks a bunch Heath. I'm going to be getting in touch with you later tonight, I have a few questions I need answering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.