main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Closing Sequence

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth-Seldon, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This is my version of the last minutes of Episode III, feel free to comment on it or add your version.

THE camera scrolls into the planet of Courucant. Millions of storm troopers are seen marching in the Imperial Square. THen you look can see Darth Sidious and a figure in black next to him. This is the first time see see Vader. The Imperial March music plays.

Sidious and Vader have their backs to the screen and are looking down out the window.

Sidious: We have done well Lord Vader.
    Vader: Yes my master.
    Sidious: THe Jedi and the Republic have been destroyed. There is no hope for another democratic order. I have forseen the greatness of this empire.

Then the camera swipes to Tatooine. The sun is rising as a hooded figure arrives at the homestead. The figure passes a baby to Owen and Beru Lars. THe music plays and you can see that Owen is yelling. His words are not visible. Beru cries and The figure is shown to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. Beru takes the child as Owen points to get rid of Kenobi. Obi-Wan begins to walk out into the Judland wastes. The last moments of the movie show Kenobi walking through the same canyons that R2 goes into during ANH.

Then Iris Out

So how would you do it?

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Sounds pretty accurate.

Although I agree that this is probably what will happen, I hope that Vader has more screen time. But I doubt it.

3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    pretty accurate looking, sounds like something georgie boy would do.....i can see it now, the media playing up the fact that vader is in the movie, and hes in all of 3 seconds of it.....if thats what happens a lot of ppl will be disappointed, myseklf being one of them

4. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I can already see George's defensive justification: "The story didn't call for Vader. The prequels are about Anakin, not Vader."

blah blah blah

5. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    I can already see George's defensive justification: "The story didn't call for Vader. The prequels are about Anakin, not Vader."

Unfortunately, in a way, we already know this to be true. With as much as there is to cover in the movie as is, Vader being in for an extended period would force the movie into a three to three-and-a-half hour run time (which would also be fine to me).

I think, though, that we need to expand our idea of what Vader is, and what makes Anakin's persona of Vader. I think Anakin will be 'Vader' in essence, if not in name, for a good portion of the final moments of this episode. His being 'Vader', the armored persona, is not necessary for him to be 'Vader', the Sith Lord.

Now, back to the topic at hand, I agree with the closing moments with one exception... I think there should be placed in-between the Vader/Sidious scene, and the Obi/Luke scene, a moment of Leia on Alderaan in the court of Bail in some form. That would bring this 'personal' movie to it's natural conclusion.

The Chosen One, fallen into darkness. The daughter he knows nothing of, raised seperate from her brother for their own safety. The son, returned to the planet of his fathers origin... All to one day come together and bring the Chosen One back to the light and end the Empire.

6. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    We forgot about Yoda. Hopefully the last we'll see of him will be on Dagobah. Or perhaps something a little more mysterious...not telling where he is, just letting us know that he is escaping SOMEWHERE.

7. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    And so what if Vader maybe in it for 3 seconds. I agree that this is not about Vader. It is about the fall of Anakin not about the rise of Vader. And if Lucas wants to put Vader in for 3 seconds that is his choice. Not yours or mine. I will go with what ever choice Lucas makes.

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Hopefully the last we'll see of him will be on Dagobah.
    The last we see of Yoda is going to be on Dagobah, as we have already scene in ep vi. ;)

His being 'Vader', the armored persona, is not necessary for him to be 'Vader', the Sith Lord

Kavic Toth, have you been reading my previous posts.

And so what if Vader maybe in it for 3 seconds. I agree that this is not about Vader. It is about the fall of Anakin not about the rise of Vader.

I must disagree w/ you there Ekenobi. Whether he is in the helmet or not, the two are not interchangeable. To get a true sense of how far he has, and not just to the fans, but for the sake of the mythology, we must see what depths he goes to. This includes leading the Jedi purge. While we don't have to see him decapitate Ki-Adi Mundi, we have to be shown that he was physically responsible for thier demise. Ep iii is the time for Vader to rise, in order to rise he must fully fall to the darkside. Kindf of ironic, huh?
    By the time of ep iv, he has begun his fall. His fall has begun b/c he has been openly mocked by his inferriors, and the rebel alliance has already acchieved two victories against him.

9. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I think Seldon has it down. The only thing I'd change is to not have Owen yelling in anger. I like the Iris out while Kenobi is walking in the canyon.

lumberjedi is a sex goddess

10. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    Kavic Toth, have you been reading my previous posts.

Honestly, G_J, not really... was there a specific one I should reference on this? 8-}

11. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Kavic Toth, last month I started a thread of who would be Darth Vader's first kill, and one person asked if a Vader requirement was the helmet. I responded that Vader was determined by his choosing the darkside, over the lightside of the force. Later on i referred to Vader and Anakin as two different characters.

If you want, you can check the thread out here.

12. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    Okay, now that you mention it, I do remember that thread quite well.

It's simply that is where we obviously differ on the point at which there is Anakin and the point at which there is Vader. You see the defined line as the moment he is required to wear the armour to sustain him. Basically, the 'Helmet' phase. I see it more as a massive grey area. Anakin already has a little Vader in him. That little 'seed' of Vader 'sprouted' when he went psycho on the Tuskens. Now all it needs is the right environment, and -poof-, full-'blossom' Vader.

The armour and the Helmet are not necessary for Anakin to be Darth Vader... any more than Dooku needs a shiny black outfit to make him Darth Tyranus. It is the sould of the Jedi that flows with and controls the Force, and it is this same soul that defines the type of Force that surrounds the Jedi... be it light or dark. Once it is Dark, and once he has replaced Dooku as the apprentice to Sidious, he is at that moment the next Sith Lord. Darth Vader. Armour or not.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    You see the defined line as the moment he is required to wear the armour to sustain him. Basically, the 'Helmet' phase.

I think you missed what I was trying to say there, Kavic Toth,. I believe he was Sith before he was required to wear the helmet, before he battled Obi-Wan. Here is what I said when asked about the helmet question:

For the purpose of this poll Vader does not have to wear the suit he did in the classic triology. Rather he will be considered Darth Vader, and not Anakin, when he accepts the way of the Sith, and rejects the teachings of the Jedi. When he gives in to fear and hate. When he becomes one w/ the darkside. We are looking at the internal trasformation, not the physical.

The difference between Anakin & Vader is philosophical. When he follows the Code of the Jedi he is Anakin, even when he bends the rules. When he submits himself to the will of his Sith Master, he is Darth Vader. Truely, when he throws The Emperor down the shaft at the end of rotj, he is not Vader.

~Edit~
    When I stated in a previous post on this thread that "By the time of ep iv, he has begun his fall", I would like to clarify that by stating his, and that I meant his fall in power and prestige in the Imperical Structure, and ranking in the Sith. His fall in the eyes of Sidious would continue in rotj, where Sidious was trying to get a new apprentice right in front of him.

14. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    Okay, I get what you mean now, G_J... sorry for being so dense there for a sec.

And actually, I agree. There is the difference between Anakin and Vader, but in essence, they are one and the same. Just as Anakin has the part of him that will become Vader that drove him in the Tusken Camp, that filled him with rage and broke loose the restraints that might otherwise have held him back, there is also the portion of Vader that is Anakin, that sees his son being murdered before him, and turns against his dark master to save him... and to ask his forgiveness.

His fall in the eyes of Sidious would continue in rotj, where Sidious was trying to get a new apprentice right in front of him.

I always thought was very interesting, and just showed the depths that Anakin was in immediately prior to killing Sidious, since he was willing to follow Sidious and defer to him by taking the 'submissive' position behind Sidious as he began his assault against Luke.

15. FavorHouseAtlantic

FavorHouseAtlantic Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2003
    It's my belief that the twins will exit the film halfway, or 3/4ths of the way through. Their most important factor is their exit. How Luke is delivered to the Lars Homestead, I am not sure. However, I think Leia will show up again after Bail accepts her. She may be present in the background somewhere on Alderaan. I don't see why the film would end with the twins, considering episode IV begins with them. I don't think it would mesh very well.

16. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    The more I think about it the more I like Darth Seldon's idea about obi-Wan dropping off Luke and walking away into the sunset as the last image of ep iii, in a way it will be both tragic and happy; as well as keep in with Lucas' mythological story.

It would be tragic b/c a child would have to seperated from his parents. And what makes it more tragic is that it must be done b/c his father is now a monster. We have see the transformation of a sweet innocent boy to an evil monster.

It is happy b/c we know that Luke is the Only Hope for the Galaxy. We know that one day he will succeed where his father failed. And that one day he will be able to overthrow the evil Emperor who now rules. He will be the light where there was darkness.

It would also continue this modern myth that GL is creating by borrowing from both Oedipus, Moses, and even Jesus. If you ask scholars, they will tell you much of the bible is similiar to other myths, and itself could be considered mythology. Luke would be the child that has to be protected and spared as infant in order to lead his people to greatness and fulfill his destiny.

Once agiain good job Darth Seldon , I don't if that will be the closing scene, but if it is not I might be a little disappointed. Unless it is done in a much cooler way. Doubtful, though.

17. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Great ending Darth Seldon. Personally, I can't see it ending any other way.

18. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The Facts we have are,
    1. No matter how dark the movie is it always ends with the "good guys"
    2. It always has a somewhat up beat ending.
    3. We also know that the movie has the Homestead and a hooded figure. (This is not a spoiler, It was in the AOTC DVD Special Features.)

Now I think it will end with Obi walking in the desert. You see it will not end with Palpatine and Vader, it can't. Lucas always ends it with the heroes. SO who else besides Obi? Plus it would be better to end with Obi and Luke.

19. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    Seldon has hit the nail on the head.

Only, as I stated before, I think there should be the obligatory scene of Leia there before Luke and Obi's final scene.

20. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    i think it shood be vader and palps at the last scene.....the obi-wan scene walking into the desert should be right before it.....this movie is dark, it shouldnt end on an upbeat note

21. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I disagree. The movie is dark, it needs to end on an upbeat note.

22. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Maybe in the ending sequence, there could be a scene of Padme (if she is still alive) on Alderan, holding Leia, crying as she watches a smuggler ship leave, that is carrying Obi-Wan & Luke.

23. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    It's a good thought but somehow i feel we need more closure than that.

24. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    A scene I just thought of...not the final scene but one of the last ones:

Bail Organa aboard the shiny new Tantive IV Blockade Runner, his personal ship. He has left Coruscant for good to return to his home of Alderaan. On board, he carries the small child of Padme...Leia. Padme has died, and Bail is grieving. He talks softly to the baby, promises her he will raise her as his own, as a member of the royal family. In the background, we see C-3PO and R2-D2, both quite sad at the death of Padme. Bail notices them, and orders young Lt Antilles to wipe the memories of the droids, to protect the safety of young Leia. He tells Antilles to assign the droids to permanent duty on the Tantive IV.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    ^^^ good thought.....i still think the movie should end on a dark note....its not a hope filled movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.