main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Collection is ruined!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Drac39, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The same happend to me a few months ago as well. My younger cousin came over and took all my figures ( glad he didn`t take the vintage figures ) and played with them while I was busy downstairs.
    Couple of hours later I went uo to tell him his Aunt wants to leave. As I entered the room all kinds of figures laid around spread trough the room.
    I was shocked. I didn`t tell him not not to play with them but it took me quite a time to display them and he just took them knocking over other figures like dominos.
    Anyway I didn`t yell at him. I just left the room after he said he would come down in a moment.

Innerly I was full of anger.
    But we all know that leads to suffering.
    At least he caused no damage.

Could you list what damage he caused to your collection?
    Mostly Saga stuff or maybe vintage figures?

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The same happend to me a few months ago as well. My younger cousin came over and took all my figures ( glad he didn`t take the vintage figures ) and played with them while I was busy downstairs.
    Couple of hours later I went uo to tell him his Aunt wants to leave. As I entered the room all kinds of figures laid around spread trough the room.
    I was shocked. I didn`t tell him not not to play with them but it took me quite a time to display them and he just took them knocking over other figures like dominos.
    Anyway I didn`t yell at him. I just left the room after he said he would come down in a moment.

Innerly I was full of anger.
    But we all know that leads to suffering.
    At least he caused no damage.

Could you list what damage he caused to your collection?
    Mostly Saga stuff or maybe vintage figures?

3. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    That really sucks! I don't know how you feel because everyone and their family knows how protective I am over my stuff. I know darthspino is the same way. Darthspino is the only person I can leave alone with my collection, because he will start cracking skulls if someone messes with mine, I will do the same if someone messes with his.

To get back on topic, let people know that you will start cracking skulls if they mess with your collection. It's worked for me so far.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Ouch. Talk to his parents.

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I have just warned people that if they mess with my Star Wars things, I will unleash my cat on them.

Hey he may be less than a year old, but his teeth and claws are sharp enough, even when he is just playing. And I have the scars to prove it. :D

6. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    you have my most heartfelt simpathys.
    if my cousin did that...his head would be mounted on my wall as a trophy. [face_devil]
    make the little sith pay for you figures and talk to his parents. anyway to tell you the truth...invest in a display case...one with a locking system.

which figs did you loose?

LS

7. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I feel your pain. While I don't collect figures I am the same with DVD's and my SW novels/comics.
    I hate lending DVD's to people as they always come back with scratches on them and that annoys me to all heck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.