main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Consolation- Update Oct. 20th! "On to Geruk'ar"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jainasolo2001, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Disclaimer: This story isn't really mine, I'm just the jester in King George's court.

"My Consolation"- J/J Angst/ Romance viggie- Don't go any farther if you are the faint of Heart, and you may need a tissue if this turns out as good as I want it to, but I'm making this up as I go (as I always do), but don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

BTW: As of right now, this is a viggie.

(Jaina's Point of View.)

Sirens sang out as the pounding increased in my head. The nasty virus I caught, coupled with the stress of war, not to mention bad cuisine, had really gotten me down. I hadn't been able to keep much down lately, along with dizziness and fatigue made my job alot harder. Somehow I rolled out of the borrowed bunk, to stumble toward the door. Another invasion, and another chance to die. Death really didn't sound that bad, at the moment, as long as it took me out of my pain. But when I opened the door to get to my ship, I saw a sight that lifted me a fraction- Jagged Fel was waiting on me outside my quarters. I forced a smile on my pale (almost translucent) face, and tried to ignore the shock that touched his eyes as he saw me.
    "You look terrible" he said without preamble.
    "Thanks, that makes me feel better" I said, as I forced my right leg in front of me, right, left, right, left.... walking was too much of a chore- How was I supposed to perform in battle!
    "Are you up to this?" He asked, concern creeping in his eyes replacing the shock.
    "Not really, but I guess I don't have a choice- what are the readings?" I tried to force my mind to the battle ahead. Afterall, I was a Jedi, I could heal later.
    "18 skips and a couple frigates coming in-"
    He paused as I grasped the wall for a moment to steady myself. When I straightend, to continue, I knew he would protest- but the look I threw him, made him think better of it- I couldn't sit aside while the GFFA needed me.
    "Our ships are preped and ready to go, the rest of Twin Suns should be waiting along the the other squads"
    "Good, are you leading this one or me?" I asked, since we started the joint command of my squadron when his Chiss group merged with the Suns.
    "I'll take this one, you take it easy, okay?" He had stopped breifly before we entered the hangar. He placed his hands on my shoulders, the light touch felt like anvils on my weak body.
    "I'll take care, you just make sure you do the same." I think I smiled, but I'm still not sure of it.
    He stroked my cheek, and I just wanted to rest my head on his hand. Jag bent his head to kiss me and I pulled away- I really didn't want this to spread to him.
    "I'll give you a rain-check." I told him.
    His quick, subtle smile was good enough for me. It reminded me of that night we furthered our relationship, the kisses, caresses, and after the heat of passion, he smiled that smile...NO, I could get distracted just before battle. Distraction could bring fatal results, for me, or for someone else. I needed to be focused, no matter the situation. But the fact that we would be together in love again brought me strenght. We separated as we entered the hangar and got to our ships. We had a battle to win.
    I got about 10 meters within my ship and I was stopped. General Wedge Antilles gave me a look I couldn't quite fathom in my hazy mind.
    "Just exactly WHAT do you think you are trying to achieve Lieutinate-Colonel Solo?"
    "I'm trying to get to my ship before the Vong get here." Duh- I followed silently.
    "Not in your condition, you aren't. Go back to your quarters, you're not flying this one."
    "I'm fine, just a little bug- I've been worse-"
    "And you've been better, but this time you're not going." He interupted.
    "Really, Wedge, I'm okay- getting my mind off of how I feel will be a favor to me."
    "To your quarters." He stated simply- his voice a bit sterner than before.
    "But-"
    "This is an order, Solo, don't make me have to repremand you." And I knew he would, so I turned and left the hangar. I was too weak to

2. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    This is getting buried before it can be found, so I'm shamelessly upping this so it can be read. 8-}

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i found it!!!! nice viggie JS2001! but very very sad.... please give this a sequal (or make it into a story)! and bring jag back!!! maybe he was captured or something.....

-jj00

4. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    hmmmm.... maybe. [face_mischief]

Thanks!

5. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    u should really think abt it! it would make a wonderful fic! uppppp for ya! come on ppl- read!!!!

6. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    I would if I could get some responses, but otherwise I'll just let this sink into valley of the fic-flops.

7. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    u really should get some... its really good!

-jj00

ps. ill try to send kk ur way!

8. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
  9. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    ur welcome! she said she'll be here sometime later today!

10. Katie_Kenobi

Katie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm here! I really like that js! And I agree with jj00, you should either make this a story or write a sequel for it, it's really good. I'll see who I can send over.

Katie

11. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    OH NO!!! I don't LIKE it when Jag dies!!! but it was a beutiful story... [face_love]

More! More!

EJ

12. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    YAY!! Thanks so much- I was begining to think no one cared. :)

I'm may make this a fic and not a viggie, not sure how I could take the storyline, but I'll dwell on it! ;)

13. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    awesome!!!! i look fwd to the fic!

14. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001

This is for the few that wanted it! :)

The night was still in the med-ward. My baby lying in my arms, a soft whistling noise excaped his mouth as he slept. I hadn't been able to get any rest- I just held him, looking and wondering. Davin... The name sounded so sweet now. I thought of the name I had chosen- it seemed best. I knew if Jag were here he'd like it, after all it would be in honor of his brother. During the pregnancy I had considered naming our son Jag, but I knew it would be too painful, besides- this darling baby would look like him, handsome, strong... A tear crept to my eye.
    For I knew raising a child on my own would be difficult- oh, sure I would have help from my family and friends but... how would I ever explain to him about his father?! How was I going to keep him safe from the Vong? Would I be a good mother?
    I let that moment of dispair creep away, as I glanced down at the child. He was so peaceful, completely trusting that I would protect him from harm. And I knew I would, even if it took my life. I smiled at the motherly protective feeling. It's so amazing how you can love something so much that is so small, so fragile, yet hold so much promise...
    The sleeping baby awoke with a cry. Had he felt my concern? It was obvious that he possesed a connection to the Force- that had been known since I found out I was pregnant.
    "Shhh." I soothed. "It's okay sweetie- I'm here, everything is okay. Momma's just thinking." After a few more newborn cries, a bottle, and a little rocking from me, Davin stopped his crying and blinked his still squinched eyes to connect with mine.
    The hazle eyes were a perfect blend of my brown and Jag's soft green. Soft hair a dark brown, a few shaded lighter than black.
    And once again, I wished his father could see him.

Sorry that was short, but that's all I have time for today. More soon! :)

15. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    ohhh...that was sad..and sweet...I bet Jaina will make an excellent mother ^_^ nice post!

EJ

16. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    it's ok. it was good! poor jaina... i bet Davin sensed her sorrow.... jag should see his boy.... i'll lend u my "revive jag doll"
    if i can have it back after u do!
    -jj00

17. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    May have to take you up on the doll offer- but I want one of my own!!!!

:) ;)

18. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    yay! ul take me up on that offer... ask JF24 for one... she might give one to ya!

-jj00

*dances happily around the thread before falling into a wall (im sick today) from dizziness*

19. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    js2001: why rnt u ever on im? i would love to talk to ya, but you're never there. if u want my sns, pm me!

20. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    I've got to reload yahoo messanger, I will soon, but I really don't have time today, I've got to go to work. I'm just here for a while- maybe the beginning of next week I'll be availble to im.

21. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    ah kewl.

22. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    The next morning, my family helped gather our things from the maternity ward. I swaddled my son and caught a droid cab to our small apartment on Mon Calamari. There seemed to be a wonderful feel to the air, a fresh begining chock full of wonderful expierences just waiting to be discovered. I could hardly stop smiling- the dark feeling I had felt during the night had passed and a new day had come. My little boy seemed thrilled at the big world I had taken him into. He cooed his newborn coos, and opened his sweet eyes to the brightness of the day.
    "I'm taking you home." I told him, my voice the high pitch that everyone gets when talking to a baby.
    It may have been my imagination, but I think he tried to smile at me.
    When we arrived at the apartment, I placed Davin in his crib. I turned on the X-wing mobil that had been a gift from my officers in Twin Suns, and I stared at my son. His eyelids were starting to drift close. I then noticed I was tired as well. I watched him until he was completely asleep, then I went to my own bed and flopped down. I fell asleep not too long after my head hit the pillow. My dreams were light at first, but then the dreams floated me into Davin's nursery. I clearly saw his crib, but my baby wasn't in it. I felt panic, but that wasn't the only thing I felt.... there was another person in the room! My hand went for my lightsaber, but I couldn't find it. I calmed myself and reached out into the darkened nursery to try to fell the presence of my son. I did, he was calm, not at all tense. Who's there? I called out in my dream.
    It's okay. A familiar voice answered, it's just me, he was getting fussy and I knew you needed rest. Go back and lie down, I'll see you soon.
    The voice was the same that had haunted my heart for 6 1/2 months, and when the figure, holding Davin stepped from the corner and into the light....
    I awoke sucking in air, and sitting up, in the other room Davin began to cry. Panting I went into the nursery and picked up the baby, rocking him as we both cried. I'll see you soon. still reverberating in my head.

[face_mischief] :D

23. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    OMG! is it jag? Please tell me it's Jag! PLEASE!!!

Wonderful post btw ;)

EJ

24. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    [face_mischief] You'll have to wait and see. [face_devil]

Thanks, btw. :)

25. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

good story. I want to know who this man is? could it be jag is he still alive? is it someone new? who is it? don't make me rack my brain trying to figure it out.

~*Rose*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.