main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST My crazy Luke Skywalker theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, seriously, hear me out.

Let's assume all the rumors we have been hearing are "true" or at least shades of right.

Luke is the villain. Well, let's reframe this and rewind a bit.

Anakin had no dad, Schmi doesn't know how he came about. There are currently theories the Emperor altered the Force to create him. So basically, the Emperor is his "grandfather". Or rather, he was created by the darkside.

Anakin went to the darkside and then died.

Luke (almost) went to the darkside and lived.

What if...

The Skywalker line is tainted from being created by the Emperor. Which is why the Emperor really wanted Skywalker to join with Vader and take over and didn't care that he might strike him down. Because he knew what he was.

So here goes my theory.

Luke feels the taint growing in the years after ROTJ. Something happens and he gets in a fight and loses his lightsaber hand and lightsaber. Goes into exile to protect everybody from himself. Friends and family are trying to track him down.

Luke knows he's tainted and goes into hiding. He can't control his tainted side more and more lately. But he knows that...

2nd part of theory

Max Von Sydow's character is about to die. He's the 1st Sith (Luke is the 2nd) and if Max Von Sydow's character dies, Leia will start to feel the taint as well....
    Then somehow his hand and lightsaber are found and Daisy's character finds him, but not how she expected.

And so on and so forth.

TL: DR
    Luke is tainted from being created by the Emperor. He is kind of a villain. Will possibly be redeemed.

Mod Edit: Any more discussion on this can go in the Mark Hamill/Luke thread.

2. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Making any character, especially everyone in the Skywalker line, predestined to fail and fall no matter what's in their heart seems to me to run against every moral lesson and concept of Lucas' galaxy.
    The "cursed family" story would be great somewhere, I just don't think it's Star Wars; especially after two trilogies and thirty years in which the importance of self-knowledge, inner peace, and compassion have been held above all else in making or breaking a hero.

3. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    So, does Leia have to die too?

4. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    He wasn't destined to be cursed, he was created to fail. He's resisting and eventually overcomes it.

5. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    No one will die (in this Ep). But will involve deeper Sith lore.

6. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    This might also explain why he didn't (potentially) have any offspring.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    my taint has been growing for years as well.

8. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I think the point yogacat was trying to make (correct me if I'm wrong yogacat) is that Leia is also strong in the Force and may well be every bit as powerful as Luke. The Skywalker 'legacy' it seems is every bit hers as it is Luke's.

9. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    That's right! But the taint affected Luke first because he inherited it first (I don't know, this is a theory). Max Von Sydow's character is taking up the dark side position reserved for Leia.

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    your idea sucks. no cursed family. not acceptable.

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Seriously, you're going to come into a thread and basically call someone an idiot because you deem their theory unacceptable?

I'll admit, spacename_the_name could have done a better job explaining his theory but that's no reason to be rude about it.

As for the actual theory, I could see it happening. Maybe not the way it's described but yes, if someone manipulated the Force to conceive Anakin, it's possible he and his descendants could be cursed or tainted by the Force because of this.

It could be something out of Greek myth, perpetual suffering with their relief eternally just out of reach.

12. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Heh, I saw you post this on /r/StarWarsLeaks over on reddit like 5 minutes ago.

The only way I can accept the bad Luke concept is if there's the possibility of redemption and he isn't the main evil villain for the whole trilogy. He should be swayed back relatively quickly to train the new young force-sensitive lead.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm serious that what that poster wants Is not good for star wars. IMO.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  14. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    your opinion sucks.

edit: IMO.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  15. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Assuming certain plot leaks and other ideas are true, I don't think it's a bad theory. That's part of the fun of the creative process, coming up with theories and letting them bounce around to see if anything sticks (I'm an aspiring author myself so I do this kind of thing).

That being said, the two big strikes against theories like this are, in my opinion: 1) I don't buy the "Emperor created Anakin" thing (and yes I am reading Darth Plagueis right now), and 2) I don't think I buy the "Luke is evil" idea either.

But still, I like theories that make you think.

16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I think the Skywalker legacy has huge dramatic potential but just not as described here. I think it is possible that the sequels may well revisit how Anakin was conceived. Perhaps it was part of a Sith master plan to create an incredibly powerful Force user or users, who knows...

Luke, Leia and any descendants, especially if Daisy is a SkySolo may be targets of the Big Bad to use for some nefarious end but I don't buy that the Skywalkers are 'cursed', more perhaps that they may serve a greater purpose in the eyes of the Sith unknown initially to them and to us. I don't personally see Luke falling to the Dark Side in a month of Sundays and so perhaps the Big Bad switches their attention to Leia or better still a nacient Force sensitive individual with massive potential in the Force such as Daisy. Someone who is more easily manipulable if not fully trained, not that I see Daisy becoming evil either even if she is tempted at any point. That would sort of destroy the positive female role model I think she will be.

In the end I wouldn't mind seeing the Big Bad bite off more than they can chew with the Skywalkers, as they undo decades of planning by the Sith to create some sort of Sith Skywalker legacy. The legacy may paradoxically become the very antithesis of what the Sith wanted and what the audience may at some dark moment expect in this trilogy, and confound predictions to become the ultimate heroes rather than villains by the end of IX.

Just an idea. :)

plaidphoenix likes this.
  17. Big Jim Slade

Big Jim Slade Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2014
    C'mon party people, let's get real. Luke isn't going to become some cyborg Sith. Max Von Sydow is the main villain, likely the Inquisitor from Rebels. Perhaps destroyed at some point (hence a cyborg) by Vader during his own hunt for Skywalker given that Vader had hopes that his son would help him to destroy the Emperor. Seems plausible that it was The Inquisitor who confirmed for The Emperor that it was the son of Skywalker who destroyed the Death Star. Perhaps the Inquisitor discovers the truth that Luke is Vader's son and plots some kind of revenge.

18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I am all for creative ideas, plot twists and keeping things exciting. After all we don't want boring films here. But it is not worth it if you hang your heroes out to dry.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Your post sucks. No insulting other members. Not acceptable. Banned.
    [​IMG]

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, using the Dredd gif is just awesome. One million Mod points!

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  22. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

23. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    MODified: If you have an issue with a staff decision, please message the staff.

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    On a side note, if I could pick one actor from the rebooted Star Trek to be in Star Wars, it'd be Karl Urban

jedinightwing, Satipo and Dra--- like this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If it feels right, do it. ;)

This idea has been kicked around before, and it could be interesting. I like the idea that the Skywalkers were created by the darkside but still, through their own free will, end up overcoming their nature or origin.

This idea was obviously considered by Lucas in some sense since he hinted so loudly during the Plagueis opera scene that Anakin was a Sith creation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.