main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST My crazy Luke Skywalker theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    MODified: If you have an issue with the way the boards are run, contacting the staff is the correct way to handle it.

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I prefer the Skywalker's to be created by the force as punishment for Sith midichlorian (I know, that word is considered blasphemy) experiments.

Overall... I prefer that Anakin was just a father who saved his son out of love & not some Christ figure. But sadly... that ship sailed a long time ago on a California ranch far far away.

3. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Going in the same direction but altering my theory, the Emperor could have left a mark on Luke when he died or something. I'm not saying my theory is going to be what happens, but if all the rumors are true about Luke, this does explain a few things.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well the concept of being predestined to fail despite all your efforts does remind me of a mythological theme. While it could have been presented a bit better than it was in the first post here, I think the idea itself is not that bad. It would give Luke a genuine struggle that is, in fact, greater than his duel with his father. It's the battle against destiny itself, and despite stumbling along the way he manages to overcome it.

It could work, if done right.

I know, Dra--- and spacename_the_name like this.
  5. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    I think that's the best point. Something the EU always struggled with is giving Luke an actual struggle. It's so easy to have him exercise his godlike powers over everyone else, but a good movie that would not make. Sure it'd be satisfying to see Luke slice through stormtrooper after stormtrooper, but that's what they tried with the game The Force Unleashed.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I admire your creativity and effort on this theory, but it feels very wrong to me. A lot of people say the ST is completely unnecessary and if it turns one of the most renowned heroes ever into an evil character just to justify the existence of a new trilogy, then it really would be completely unnecessary and pointless. It's a twist that would damage the OT more than Hayden ghost.

Besides it would make the PT and the ST feel like these two separate set of movies about the will of the force, midichlorians, tainted genes and sith uprising (a term that only existed in merchandise until the PT). To mostly everybody, Star Wars isn't that at all. It's a space fantasy adventure that follows the classic hero's journey through an awesome palette of visuals that resonate with our culture (from Samurai films to westerns). That's what's special about Star Wars, not a convoluted mess about divine force clans secretly generated by sith lords to take over the galaxy, making the viewer empathize with characters that for no reason are not what they appear to be.

7. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I thought some parts of Spacename's theory was implied in the prequels. the scene where Qui gon tested Anakins blood for example. The look Shmi gave Qui gon always seemed like she knew more than what she was telling Qui gon. The jedi counsel sensed darkness around Anakin. The story of Darth Plagues is not in ROTS for no reason. Its possible for this theory to be true. This is why the ST could be great. We have no idea which way the story is going to go.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Credit for good imagination but I sincerely doubt it.

If Luke's in "hiding" because he's afraid to fall to the Dark Side.. then he's already fallen (ie- Fear leads to anger etc).
    If he's hiding to protect his friends and family, the Empire could easily capture anyone of them to flush Luke out.

My money he's in hiding and secretly rebuilding the Jedi Order. Luke, literally a 2nd generation descendant of the force itself, could likely be the most powerful Jedi ever.......so I doubt he'd be scared off, or captured, quite easily.

Dak Oolron and ChildOfWinds like this.
  9. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012

That specific scene/look always stuck with me as well. If she was lying, am sure QuiGon would've picked it up. Am concluding that she probably knew she's be losing her son.

10. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Interesting idea, but no. Totally incongruent with Luke's character as established in three existing movies.

"Now, young Skywalker [theory]... you will die."

[​IMG]

(Just kidding, I just wanted to work in that line somehow.) ;) :p

EHT likes this.
  11. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I still think if Luke is missing it will be because he's up to something, not because he's avoiding something.

Dak Oolron and ChildOfWinds like this.
  12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's interesting. everyone poo poos this now but if it was in the final film people would say how daring it was. i don't think it should be in the film but everyone has interesting ideas.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If it was in the final film the "poo poo" would be flung at the cinema screen.

Dak Oolron and Dra--- like this.
  14. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I would have loved an evil Luke but the reputation he built up in the OT will not allow it. Imagine one of the new generation being a Skywalker and seeing his/her grandfather and then uncle both fall to the darkside and then they break the mould.

15. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Luke Skywalker: The Boy Who Lived. [face_pumpkin]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. makingstarwarsisafraud

makingstarwarsisafraud Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2014
    Luke is not the villain dont let makingstarwars sucker you in anyone with half a brain knows that would destroy the saga

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    So anyone who thinks this rumor is in any way even remotely plausible is an idiot? Riiiight.

JediMatteus, is that you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.