main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"My Dear Padme"- Anakin's death

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Oct 31, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    Musical Jedi!!!

How many times do I have to tell you, do NOT go to the land of writer's block...I don't care how many autographs of Ewan or Hayden you were promised, how much chocolate you were bribed with, or whatever...what were you thinking??? ;)

EOJ

2. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Funny you should mention that, I did write a letter to Liam Neeson about a month ago... But he hasn't written back. I keep hoping, but I think it's kind of a lost cause. Oh well. *laughs* I should be practicing piano...

3. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I haven't forgotten, just lost my coauthor... :(

4. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    I finally caught up with this and love it. I can't wait to see more! Please post something soon. :D

5. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    I finally caught up with this and love it. I can't wait to see more! Please post something soon. :D

6. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
  7. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    First Mara Jade, Emperer's Hand, then Alderaan21, and now Jedi Master Mara Jade... :(

8. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Eep! That's creepy. The day I decide to truly return to the JC is the same day this story gets lifted from its slumber...

I'm not dead yet! :) I'd love to get back into the SW fic world again.

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Alderaan21!! Welcome back! :D

10. Keisha

Keisha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2000
    Well, now that we have 2 of the 4 authors back, I'd say this story is ALIVE!!!!

(can we have a post to celebrate?)

11. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Well, I've certainly got no aversions to that.

So, TMJ? Interested in a little... overdue... assistance? :)

12. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
  13. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Great! I'll email you sometime tonight, then. :)

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YIPPEE!!!! IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

15. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
  16. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    I've just gotten in touch with TMJ. The ball is officially rolling again-- well, between two people, anyway. :)

Thanks again to TMJ for her effort here! :)

17. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Despite lapses of neglectfulness... I appreciate the comment, though, A21. :)

18. Keisha

Keisha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2000
    *crosses fingers and hopes for a post.*

19. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    *gently blows on the embers of this thread*

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    (Fill the thread full of helium)

(Squeaky voice) You will go up!!!

21. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    ?I have a reason.?

Padmé glanced up from looking out over the gardens of the palace in Theed to regard the man standing behind her. Briefly she wondered how he had managed to come into her private apartments but decided it wasn?t worth the questioning. Obi-Wan was still a Jedi Knight, even if his order was in shambles and his padawan lost. Her heart wrenched at that, as well as at the subject he must have come to discuss. She turned away from the edge of the balcony, her face smooth and unreadable. The Queen didn?t want to have this conversation any more than she wanted her life to have turned out this way. But somethings can?t be changed.

?What is that, Master Kenobi?? she replied coolly, her brown eyes reflecting the moonlight that poured through the clear night. Three days had passed since she had talked with him last, found out the fate of her friend and handmaiden.

She didn?t miss the flash of pain that crossed Obi-Wan?s face. Part of her knew that she was being cruel, but another part didn?t really care. This was the man who had brought her life to this point. No, that wasn?t really fair. Padmé knew that in some ways, she was just as guilty as he. Obi-Wan hadn?t chosen to marry Anakin, simply to train him, and even that was a choice he hadn?t fully made himself.

?Please don?t call me that, Padmé,? Obi-Wan replied, the pain not fading from his face. ?You are the only friend I have left in the galaxy, and I?m not even sure I can count you.? He put his hands before himself in a placating gesture. ?Would you like to hear why you should trust me??

?Not particularly,? she replied, moving back to the banister. Her eyes were misty again, this time at her losses, her friends, her life, her husband, and soon to be her children. ?You?re going to convince me why I should give up the twins, why it?s in their best interests, and take away the last thing I truly love and tell me it?s for the better.? Tears splashed down her face, making her cheeks silvery in the moonlight.

?My master once told me that we can only make the decisions that we think are best at the times, the best decision we know we can live with,? Obi-Wan replied softly, and Padmé could hear pain in his voice as well as his footsteps approached her on the balcony. ?We are bound together by the choices we have made, you and I. My decision to train Anakin and yours to love him have tied us together, whether we like it or not. Both of us failed to do as we should, so now we must set things right for the future. We can only follow our destinies, Padmé, even though I think hope for us, for our personal happinesses, is lost. We must now plan for the future. For your children?s future.?

?So you will leave me too, then, when you have the twins,? Padmé replied softly. ?I must make this decision and live with it alone.?

Obi-Wan shifted slightly, steepling his fingers. ?I will watch over Luke, if you will choose someone you trust to adopt Leia. He is the crux for us to set things right. He must confront Anakin when the time comes, and I must make sure he lives to see that day. I must see that he is ready.?

?You intend to train him?? Padmé?s voice held shock and disbelief. ?You?ve tried that once, and I needn?t remind you where you are now because of it!?

The Jedi shook his head, his expression pained again. ?I will not. I will see him grown and give him the opportunity to choose which path he will take. There is another Jedi, one who can train your son correctly.?

Padmé sighed agonizingly. ?I really have no choice then. It is my duty, my destiny as you say. I will give Leia to Bail then. At least I will be able to see here there.?

?I think you are right in the decision. Bail Organa will take good care of your daughter, and you can watch over her, as I will Luke, while you run your rebellion.?

?You count yourself so few friends then, Obi-Wan? I do not hate you, if that?s what you think. You are only trying to fix your mistakes, as am I.? She turned to regard him, and Padmé knew her words were true

22. midichloriless

midichloriless Jedi Grand Master

Aug 9, 2000
    Another wonderful post, well worth the wait...It seems that just when I fear this story is finally dead it comes back to life, just like the bad guy in a horror movie, but this is so much better.

Hope to read more soon!

23. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I have too much of a consience to completely let it die, and not enough of one to update this on a more regular basis. But I will try to redeem myself.

24. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Obi-Wan took refuge in the shadows that crossed the great hallway beyond the residences of the Nubian Palace. Moonlight splashed across the floor in alternating bands of light and dark, and the Jedi Knight couldn?t help but reflect how it seemed true of his own life. His training had been bright up until he thought he wouldn?t be chosen as a padawan, and then it had fallen into the darkness of despair. When Qui-Gon finally took him as his padawan, it had been bright again. Darkness had fallen when Obi-Wan had decided to remain on the planet of Melida/Daan against his master?s orders and then dawn had come again when Qui-Gon welcomed him back. Things were bright until the Naboo mission, when his beloved master had been killed, and it seemed to Obi-Wan that that shadow had never quite lifted. There was Anakin and that hateful duel, the look of betrayal and anger on his padawan?s face.

Obi-Wan moved into a shadow and leaned against one of the expansive pillars, slumping to the floor, pressing his hands to his face. He was a fool, an arrogant fool, one who had marred everything he had touched. Qui-Gon would never had lost the Chosen One to the Dark Side, would never had let himself be tempted by Padmé to the point that there was the illusion of betrayal, would never had let things deteriorate to this point. The Jedi Order was gone, and it was all because of Obi-Wan?s failure to train his apprentice.

The Jedi collapsed, his cheeks slick from tears turned cold from the tile beneath him. Come morning, it would be done. Padmé would go to Organa and give him Leia for safekeeping. Maybe she would be able to remain nearby. Perhaps she could find some kind of happiness for herself that way. Force knew she deserved at least that much.

Obi-Wan tried to think of someone he had not ultimately hurt by his contact. Anakin was obviously lost, Qui-Gon had been killed because of his inabilities, Padmé?s life destroyed. Sabé was dead, and the entire Jedi Order spread to the ends of the galaxy, only to be hunted down.

And he wanted to take an infant into his care. Obi-Wan wanted to laugh hysterically at the thought of it. Padmé trusted him to take Luke, to see that her son would survive to, maybe someday, set right the mistakes he, a Jedi Knight, had made. He would take the child to Yoda, hidden away to grow up. Yoda would do better than he had. It wasn?t as though he could worse.

The words he had told Padmé came to him in his master?s voice, the soft, accented, strong voice that he knew so well, that he missed so much.

You can only make the decisions that seem the best at the time, the ones you know you can live with.

Qui-Gon Jinn would not approve of his padawan?s current disposition. Obi-Wan pushed himself up, taking great pains to compose himself. There was much to be done for the coming morning, thing to ensure as much as he could the safety of the few people left who trusted him. He moved away, turning his thoughts away from his past failures to what he could accomplish in the future. There was much to be done, and he couldn?t afford any more mistakes.

25. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Look... A new post... (Like I have any right to hanker for responses after leaving you for so long)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.