main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Dearest Nen Yim (just before Edge of Victory II)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Killik_Twilight, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Title: My Dearest Nen Yim
    Author: Killik_Twilight
    Timeframe: Just after Nen Yim was sent to the Baanu Mir
    Characters: Nen Yim, Nor Choka (OC)
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary: Nen Yim has been banished to the Baanu Mir for her heresy. What if, like her master Mezhan Kwaad, Nen Yim had a forbidden lover?

My Dearest Nen Yim

My Dearest Nen Yim,

This is probably the last letter you will recieve from me for the next few months. The infidels have attacked and desecrated our shipwomb at Sernpidal and destroyed the new worldship that Dread Lord Shimmra had decreed would hold many of our disenfranchised people. My domain leader, Nas Choka, has decreed that we will strike against the infidel?s defenses at Corellia to avenge their cowardly attack.

I heard that you have been reassigned the Baanu Mir. What could you have possibly done to deserve this? You were always the loyal one, trusting our gods and faithfully carrying out your duties. Or was it your master? I have heard many things about her, some of them good, much more bad. The news out here is that Domain Kwaad has been humiliated by the Supreme Overlord. Has he chosen to punish those who Kwaad was affiliated with as well?

I miss you, Nen Yim. I miss the taste of your kisses, the feel of your hand on my brow. As soon as I can, I will return to you. Wait for me, Nen Yim. Wait for me, and we will enjoy our love.

Your warrior, Nor Choka.

---------------------

Nen Yim sat in her small quarters on board the Baanu Mir, reading the letter from her forbidden lover. By now, he was probably already in the Corellian system, battling the hated infidels.

She missed him terribly.

---------------------

Three days later Nen Yim recieved a message from the commanding warrior on board Baanu Mir . Nor Choka had been killed by an infidel X-wing, which had drawn his coralskipper into an engagement with a superior force. He had died bravely, sacrificing his ship so that his three fellow pilots could take the fight to the enemy.

With that, Nen Yim rushed back to her quarters, sobbing. Could their love have been forbidden? Could the gods, Yun-Txiin and Yun-Qaah have singled them out for her heresy and their love?

She shook her fists at the ceiling, vowing to continue her heresy, no matter what it cost her. First she lost her master. Then she lost her position. Now, she had lost her lover.

Nen Yim had nothing left to lose.

[fin]

Hello! This is my very first story I've ever written and posted on-line. I hope if anyone reads it, they enjoy it.

Thanks!

Killik_Twilight

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Congrats on an excellent first story. I like the idea of Nen Yim having a forbidden lover :D

3. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Thanks! I noticed that you're NenYim's master (coincidence?)

4. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Very nice! :)

And is it coincidence I showed up too? :p

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Too many coincidences ;)

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great little fic here, Killik_Twilight! Enjoyed seeing a "Human" side of Nen Yim emerging before her decisions in The Final Prophecy. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    NenYim: Thanks!

Spike2002: Sure seems like it . . . I'm feeling a disturbance in the Force.

Tych_sel: Thanks, Tych! I like your work, too. And I've got some plot bunnies running around in my head, so . . . just wait!

8. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Interesting. Will there be more?

I like that a lot. Nen Yim is a great character.

Do you need any help getting around? I'm new myself, but I can give you a point in the right direction.
    Myra

9. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Mirax_Corran: Uh, do you mean more 'fics from me, or do you mean more with Nen Yim? That's a definite on the former, and a possibly on the latter. And I agree, Nen Yim is an excellent character.

As for getting around, well, sure, it's always nice to have someone show you around, so thanks! Know of any good L/M 'fics that have been posted in by the author recently?

10. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh darn.... Someone who writes a Yuuzhan Vong just as well as I do. :p (that's a complement!)

Great first story! (better than my first story, I must say. ;) ) It's great to see another author interested in the Yuuzhan Vong, because there's so few of us. Feel free to stop by the Behind the Scars thread on the fanfiction resource. We'd love to have you!

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    As always, this Yuuzhan Vong lover absolutely adores Nen Yim. Poor girl, lose a love and then get called slave by the ugliest Yuuzhan Vong in existence. Like master, like Adept. Oh, and the coincidence in bigger than you think because you also have a good portion of the ppl who healed Nen Yim for the hurt/heal game r/r'ing this.

12. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Vongchild: Thanks! I took it as such. Yes, there are too few authors that consider the Vong. I've posted a couple of messages over on Behind the Scars, so consider me an official visitor/member/whatever, I'm not sure which one.

SilSolo: Hmm . . . I didn't know that . . . I'm sensing a disturbance in the Force! (wait, the Vong can't be sensed through the Force . . . !?) Thanks for showing up!

Have a good day!

KT

13. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    That absolutely rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you say this is your first fic? =D=

You are a great writer and I cant wait to see more of your work.

If you ever need anything just send a Pm K?

Sam

14. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Wow, that certainly was a different perspective on the Yuuzhan Vong, and a great reason why Nen Yim did what she did. Nice stuff, Killik, nice stuff.

15. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Wow, another reader! Thanks, CommanderConrad! We definitely can't have the Vong always evil, can we?

Thanks for reading!

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.