main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My defense of George Lucas...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by darthnuisance, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Bottom line: You either like what Lucas has done with the saga or you don't.

If you do then there is more for you to enjoy. If you don't then "Screaming about it can't help you."

2. AttackoftheCorn

AttackoftheCorn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Kryatt Dragon "Ok, thanks for meeting me half-way but all the same it's disturbing that you would blow off the importance of what I was saying before and how it relates to having a good discussion."

I didn't intend to sound like I was blowing off anything my friend. I was merely pointing out that you had brought up a good topic for discussion about Star Wars. Hopefully the personal attacks will cease, because, again, you brought up a good topic and I'd like to further hear your thoughts on it. :cool:

Dr. Evazan "i would agree with the poster above and say that yes, the CG yoda is expressive.

i think, however that the expressions of the CG yoda lack the textural depth and presense of the original yoda. that is not to say that a character like watto or sebulba dont work in CG, i just dont think it works for yoda, perhaps because he is more integral to the story i.e: a major character."

I'll respond to that with part of what I said a few pages back, with a few adjustments...

Yoda looked as real, if not more so, in AOTC. The now famous skeptical look that he gives Palpatine was amazing.

What about his presence did you not like? I found his character very engaging in AOTC, which could be more as a result of the expansion of his character than whether he is CG or a puppet.

Its still hard to argue against the Yoda of the OT and TPM. His introduction to the saga in ESB gives that particular movie its added magic that elevates it slightly above the rest of the films.

3. Kryatt_Dragon

Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    Then there are guys like Al and Endboss who have nothing relevant to say about Star Wars that hasn't already been said. They use the TFN forums as a medium to let out their anger, by demeaning other people either with flowery worded insults of neanderthal-like curse-filled attacks. They then hide behind the "I'm only kidding, take it easy" excuse when what they've posted was clearly meant to insult someone directly.

It's not that a basher and gusher are agreeing with regards to you and I, Kryatt. It's that two normal people who happen to differ in opinion on the PT movies are both trying to point out that Al is not contributing anything worthwhile but possible bannings and thread closings with his presence and attitude.

...couldn't have said it better myself.

Incidently, I was thinking before I read your post how alike Al and Endboss are, but in different ways.

I think Endboss has the advantage because he's obnoxious and actually quite funny with it at times. I also get the sense that, disagreeable that he is, he engages people in a more personable way...in a confrontational way but a 'personal' way all the same.

Al, on the other hand...

...let's just say it isn't postworthy. :D

4. Kryatt_Dragon

Mar 15, 2002
    I didn't intend to sound like I was blowing off anything my friend. I was merely pointing out that you had brought up a good topic for discussion about Star Wars. Hopefully the personal attacks will cease, because, again, you brought up a good topic and I'd like to further hear your thoughts on it.

Ok, cool.

I guess I just misunderstood.

I'd be happy to discuss this later. :)

I just don't have the stomach for it right now. [face_plain]

5. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Its still hard to argue against the Yoda of the OT and TPM.

It's not hard for me to argue against the TPM puppet.

To avoid more semantic lameness, in my humble opinion, the TPM puppet looks like crap next to the other films that we've seen him in, OT puppet or CG. It just looks off.

I really would like to see a CG version replace him because I think Rob Coleman and his team more than proved that they could do an incredible job with AOTC.

6. AttackoftheCorn

AttackoftheCorn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    IG "It's not hard for me to argue against the TPM puppet."

[face_laugh]

Good one.

I'll pop in my TPM dvd later, but if my memory is correct, I thought the Yoda puppet in TPM was good, never thought poorly of it. I like the younger version of Yoda, 875 years old as opposed to 900 years old.

Kryatt Dragon - I look forward to your post tomorrow with great interest.

7. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Hey, I liked TPM but I just thought that the puppet looked a bit weird and after AOTC, I think it shows even more.

But Yoda is Yoda no matter what version we get him in and there are two words that will back me up on that: Frank Oz. :D

8. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The TPM Yoda didn't look that bad on his own (I had no problme accepting a younger Yoda) but when you compare him to his AOTC incarnation which is very close to ESB, the TPM version definitely looks off.

9. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I really forgot who Yoda was until I watched ESB about 3000 times in the past few weeks. Yoda is a pretty cool dude. Who is that green freak in TPM and AOTC? That's not Yoda!

10. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    From his listing at the IMDB, I notice that Rob Coleman has no experience in acting or puppeteering. So how did he get the role of Yoda? They should let me be Anakin in the next movie! If you doubt my abilities or experience, I urge you to challenge me in a game of Jedi Outcast.

11. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Who is that green freak in TPM and AOTC? That's not Yoda!

That was Yaddle and Kit Fisto respectively. But "green freak" is a bit hurtful. Now you've made me cry with your cruelty. :D

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    If you doubt my abilities or experience, I urge you to challenge me in a game of Jedi Outcast.

Oh don't worry nobody will challenge you. We have no doubt that you are indeed the biggest geek out of all of us.

13. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    From his listing at the IMDB, I notice that Rob Coleman has no experience in acting or puppeteering.

That's probably why Frank Oz worked very closely with Coleman and his team and wrote a letter of congratulations to Coleman for a job welldone. The performance is still very much Frank Oz, he just has a different team of "puppeteers" to help him bring Yoda to life.

14. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    Who does Yoda's voice in AOTC, and why didn't they just use Frank Oz? In my opinion, his voice is the only TRUE Yoda. I can't stand whoever they've got doing that bad Yoda impersonation.

15. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Tokyo, enough of this crap. Take yourself and all of your socks out of here. Rethink your strategy, then come back and act intelligently.

16. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Who does Yoda's voice in AOTC, and why didn't they just use Frank Oz? In my opinion, his voice is the only TRUE Yoda. I can't stand whoever they've got doing that bad Yoda impersonation.

Sad is the day when a basher slams Frank Oz. :(

An army of muppets is going to come and kick your @$$, Tokyo! 8-}

17. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    All of my socks? OK fair enough. I will stop using my socks, and from now on, just post under "TokyoXtreme". Cool?

An army of muppets, huh? Sadly, I doubt there are enough muppets on earth to make an army, thanks to Lucas and/or CGI. Muppets are badass, and Yoda is the king of them all. What the hell is this Disney cartoon in AOTC? I've no idea, might as well give it an Academy Award for effects.

18. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    "Fact: Fanboys are morons."

yep, you make that obvious with each new post :p

19. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002

That was Frank Oz

20. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Then there are guys like Al ...They use the TFN forums as a medium to let out their anger, by demeaning other people either with flowery worded insults of neanderthal-like curse-filled attacks.

I love the way you try and sound like me yet come across as a befuddled teenager needing dire maternal help with their English homework.

It's not that a basher and gusher are agreeing with regards to you and I, Kryatt. It's that two normal people who happen to differ in opinion on the PT movies are both trying to point out that Al is not contributing anything worthwhile but possible bannings and thread closings with his presence and attitude.

Eh? How am I doing this? I have given you, each and every time, the reasons I hate AOTC just as I have given reasons as to why I lve the OT and very much enjoy TPM. You have not met a true basher if you consider me one, dear boy.

And talking to the likes of you and Kryatt does insult my intelligence but I get over it quickly so don't worry about that darling.

21. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Darling?

A guy named AL calls people "darling"?

22. flagg

flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 1999
    Yeah, it's hilarious isn't it? :D

23. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002

Yes, emasculation can be a powerful tool for those who choose to wield it.

But I only give it a 2 on the Evil Scale.

He's capable of far worse.

:D

24. Kryatt_Dragon

Mar 15, 2002
    "Fact: Fanboys are morons."

yep, you make that obvious with each new post

You know, maybe I'm the most naive user in the AOTC forums but what the hell is a fanboy?

Are you not a fanboy, Durwood?

Do you not wet your pants for things Star Wars?

I don't consider myself a fanboy.

I have hardly any collectibles. I've never been to a convention. I never watced a single installment of the original trilogy more than three or four times in the theater.

I will admit, however, that posting on a message board such as this does more do make me a fanboy than anything I've ever done before.

What the hell is a fanboy? ?[face_plain]

25. Kryatt_Dragon

Mar 15, 2002
    And talking to the likes of you and Kryatt does insult my intelligence but I get over it quickly so don't worry about that darling.

OMG....OMFG

Al, you actually referred to me by my screen name. :eek:

Unbelievable!!!

Such a momentous occassion!!!

I feel truly honored to be with you among the clouds, Al [face_love]

I now have the impetus to become learned like never before. :)

I now have a reason to live. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.