My defense of George Lucas...

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by darthnuisance, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Learner Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Such a momentous occassion!!!"

Will there be a party? ;)
  2. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Will there be a party?

Why not? :)

Sounds good to me. ;)
  3. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just realized I addressed Durwood instead of Duckman on my post about fanboys. :p

Duckman...Durwood.

Yeah, I can see why that happened. :D
  4. Gimme5secs Jedi Youngling

What the hell is a fanboy?

Someone who believes everything GL touches turns to Gold. Someone who believes Palpatine isn't Sidious. Someone who believes that Darth Maul will return. Someone who believes EpIII will be called The Rise of the Empire. Someone who believes that Anakin will single handedly kill every Jedi. Someone who believes that it is not right to criticise Star Wars. Someone who believes the EU is the bible of Star Wars.

5. Durwood Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Edit: Never mind. I see you corrected your mistake.
  6. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Good God, is this thread STILL going???? :eek: :(
  7. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Someone who believes everything GL touches turns to Gold. Someone who believes Palpatine isn't Sidious. Someone who believes that Darth Maul will return. Someone who believes EpIII will be called The Rise of the Empire. Someone who believes that Anakin will single handedly kill every Jedi. Someone who believes that it is not right to criticise Star Wars. Someone who believes the EU is the bible of Star Wars.

That's sort of what I thought but Al and others seem to think they can use it more liberally.

Oh well.
  8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    G-Fett, I have not talked to you in a long time. How are you? :D
  9. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    What's happening here?

Why is this thread whithering away like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day? :(
  10. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    because you had to go and try and inspire coherent discussion.

damn you!
  11. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm sorry. :(

I'm sorry. :(

[face_laugh]

I was wondering if it was my fault. [face_mischief]

I was going to suggest it even but I was hesitant on giving myself that much credit. :D

I'll make it up to you by posting a rather in depth analysis of why puppet Yoda kicks the crap out of CG Yoda. ;)
  12. TokyoXtreme Force Ghost

star 4
    Next topic for discussion: nerfherding.
  13. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Next topic for discussion: nerfherding

Sounds good. :)

I now realize the utter futility of what I was trying to do and am now resigned to engage only in humorous banter with my fellow Star Wars fans. :D
  14. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a nerf once...out on Coney Island...she got hit by a car.

Name that film!

Are they ever gonna lock this thing up?
  15. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I once had a nerf football and nerf rockets!

Those nerf rockets were the best!!!

...and so were water rockets now that I think of it!

...and Lincoln logs.

...and Capsela.

Man, those were the days. :)
  16. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember the OLD leggos? They didn't come in "sets"...you just got a TON of blocks and made whatever. Leggos rock. They suck these days...too expensive too.

Lincoln logs were dangerous though. You could get a splinter from those things! :p
  17. Imperial_Guard Jedi Master

star 4
    Must...stubbornly...preserve...thread.

Looking past Episode III, I'm intrigued at the prospect of GL doing non-SW projects and it'll be interesting to see if such films would be looked at with more scrutiny or less scrutiny than the prequels, assuming that he makes films after Episode III.

18. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lincoln logs were dangerous though. You could get a splinter from those things! Yeah true.

Yep, that's true. :(

Man, my mind must be going...lol.

How could I forget to mention legos?

Space Leggos all the way. :p
  19. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Looking past Episode III, I'm intrigued at the prospect of GL doing non-SW projects and it'll be interesting to see if such films would be looked at with more scrutiny or less scrutiny than the prequels, assuming that he makes films after Episode III.

I would imagine they probably won't receive as much scrutiny.

Speaking of which I just heard yesterday that the new Indiana Jones is probably going to be released summer 2005.

Since we all know what other movie is going to be release that summer why would Lucas and Spielberg want to do that? ?[face_plain]
  20. Imperial_Guard Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure that they will be spaced out with a wide berth. Each film will get a large audience, of course, which means a lot of people will see trailers for both films. (Episode III Trailer on Indy IV and vice versa)

It would be neat to see some light TV ads with a crossover like Indy meets Obi-wan or something. If done in a clever way, of course. :D
  21. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm sure that they will be spaced out with a wide berth. Each film will get a large audience, of course, which means a lot of people will see trailers for both films. (Episode III Trailer on Indy IV and vice versa)

Yeah, that could work if episode III were released in May and Indy IV in September or something.

It would be neat to see some light TV ads with a crossover like Indy meets Obi-wan or something. If done in a clever way, of course.

That would be neat alright but do ya think Harrison Ford would do it?

You know his mixed feelings about the movie that launced his career.
  22. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just thought I'd put my finger to the wind and see if anyone wanted to see what I had to say about CG vs. puppet Yoda.

Kind of sucks having to feel so timid.

It isn't suitable for a Dragon. :D
  23. Imperial_Guard Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of Dragon,

"I am the Dragon. Before me, you tremble!"

Ah, Hannibal Lecter returns to the big screen with a high caliber cast. Ralph Fiennes, Ed Norton, Harvey Kietel. I'm certainly looking forward to this latest installment. :D

I just thought I'd put my finger to the wind and see if anyone wanted to see what I had to say about CG vs. puppet Yoda.

Screw that. Post whatever you want. I think the CG Yoda was great but I'm not going to bite somebody's head off if they think it was crap.

Maybe I'll get around to a long-winded post of my own on why I liked the CG Yoda and *gasp* wouldn't mind seeing a CG Yoda put into the ultimate editions for all the films.

And then people can completely ignore it and get back to why gushers/bashers suck. 8-}

24. Imperial_Guard Jedi Master

star 4
    You know his mixed feelings about the movie that launced his career.

Harrison Ford has been at prequel premieres so I don't think that he's completely turned his back on SW or GL.

I actually don't think it has as much to do with the films themselves as much as the baggage that "Star Wars" is surrounded with.

Could anyone honestly blame a major SW actor if they tried to distance themselves from fandom and a lot of its wackiness, as evidenced in these very forums? I sure couldn't.

I think that hypothetical scenario that I threw out as a fun TV ad is entirely possible and realistic as far as the actors concerned. It would just have to be done right and in a clever way and it would be great and a neat way to promote two GL projects in the same year.

What exactly is GL's involvement on Indy IV anyway? He's just a producer, right? But he doesn't really have to do much, I'm assuming.
  25. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Screw that. Post whatever you want. I think the CG Yoda was great but I'm not going to bite somebody's head off if they think it was crap.

I don't know.

I may have lost my nerve for something like that. :(

I think I'll just wait things out and see what happens.

Maybe I'll get around to a long-winded post of my own on why I liked the CG Yoda and *gasp* wouldn't mind seeing a CG Yoda put into the ultimate editions for all the films.

Please do!

I think I'm in the mood to just listen to other people's opinions for a while.

I actually don't think it has as much to do with the films themselves as much as the baggage that "Star Wars" is surrounded with.

That's part of it but I also think he just doesn't care for Star Wars the way he does about his other movies. I think it's a love/hate thing. He's happy that it launched his career but he's resentful at the same time because I think he's a little embarrassed about it. He doesn't seem to like to discuss it in interviews unless it's absolutely revelant to the discussion. I also heard he really doesn't like the Han Solo character all that much.

I find it strange really.

What's there not to like about Han Solo?

I think that hypothetical scenario that I threw out as a fun TV ad is entirely possible and realistic as far as the actors concerned. It would just have to be done right and in a clever way and it would be great and a neat way to promote two GL projects in the same year.

Maybe. I don't know though. Harrison seems to be a pretty no nonsense kind of guy. I remember hearing about how they asked him to do a cameo in Naked Gun 2 and he turned it down or didn't respond or whatever.

Have you ever seen him on Letterman?

Man! Talk about tense! [face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.