main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My DVD thoughts

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoogurs, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoogurs

DarthBoogurs Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2004
    I remember when the OT was released on VHS and the SE came out not long after. People bought both versions and Lucas made crazy money.

I believe he's going to do the same thing again. He's going to release the OT SE on DVD. Then Episode 3 comes out next year. Later on in 2005/beginning of 2006 Lucas will bust out the fancy Ultimate Saga Box Set with all Six movies. Lucas will probably not sell episode 3 as a stand alone, therefore for all of us to have episode three we have to buy the 8 Disc set.

Then 2007 rolls around and George says "Its been 30 years since this all began, so I'm going to be going back in time...a back in time DVD set. This isn't meant for how its supposed to be seen like the special editions, its to travel back in time. Its this ORIGINAL back in time traveling of when the first 3 movies came out that I want to recapture to
    DVD. See the poetic irony?"

The original trilogy will be released (NONE SE) and everyone will buy it and again George will make a Gubillion dollars. Either that or he'll sell the OT (NONE SE) in the big Saga set. Either way he's gonna make everyone buy the movies more then once. He did it before and he'll do it again.

TLJ Edit: Yes, share your thoughts about the DVD in the thread Mr_Sith linked to.
    Ranting about GL's marketing decision can go into a lot of places. The PJvsGL thread in YJCC for example.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    This belongs in the DVD thread.

3. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Which means, This ;)

)~(Sith)~(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.