main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Experience at C3 not very good

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by abovetopsecret1138, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abovetopsecret1138

abovetopsecret1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I was there for Thursday with a 4 day pass and fan club membership. I arrived on site at 7am to find that the fan club line was already huge. It was wrapped around the the back of the convention center already and outside no less were it was windy and cold and in some cases the line to condense the people zig zaged back and forth. By the time I finally got in it was 2pm! At 5pm there were still people coming in from the fan line and the general admission line as it was that huge. The convention for the fan club opened doors at noon today! By the time I made it in I had missed several presentations and the lines for most everything was already several hour wait and were cut off and the convention closes at 8pm. Even the mens room was a 30 minute wait LOL. I did however manage to snag a couple of signatures from a few celebraties. Did I say Amy Allen is HOT! LOL And of course you have to have those nut jobs present you know the ones who have suitcases full of stuff for the actors to sign. I mean come on one or two things are enough people. And I thought there was a limit to the Darth Vader figure. I seen several guys walking out with not one but 2 boxes full of these figures. I asked one who told me that as long as you are willing to fork out the money they didnt seem to care. Hmm. We will see those on ebay. The dealer/company show floor was shoulder to shoulder with no semblance of order. Madhouse.

Needless to say for the most part for a guy like me It wasnt a fun experience for the money I forked out. The planning involved and lack of sleep and getting sick just isnt worth it. I shouldnt have to be in line at midnight in the rain etc just to be the first 10000 in the convention. I chated with a rep from Gen Con and she even said they werent prepared for this massive of a turnout. If that was the case I said then why not cap the ticket sales. She couldnt answer that but her expression told me it in a 1000 words. Money.

Dont get me wrong Im glad there was a huge turnout. It told me there was still ahuge fan base for SW out there and I was glad to see a place for us all to gather but next time hopefully they will be prepared for us.

2. BreakWindu

BreakWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    I know it's been asked and mentioned before, but it still baffles me;

How could they NOT be prepared for the kind of turnout that they had?!?!?! It would be like the host city of the Super Bowl saying they weren't prepared for all of the people that showed up, or painting a huge bullseye on your back, going to a gun range, then complaining you got shot. Un-fricking-believable.

BW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.