main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Face Toward Vengeance - Luke/Mara - AU- Post Betrayal - angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Wonder story. I do hope Ben does not fall into Jacen's foolish egotistical(sp) mind trap. That kid have really been on my bad side ever since he thought Veregere was infallible. I just hope Ben is truely his father's son and Luke and Mara keep him close. Those author have me worried. Great but very sad story.:_| @};-

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, this was just heartbreaking. :_| The pain of losing a child, and then the strain that loss puts on their marriage... :_|

Tragic, but beautifully done, K. =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Thrawn McEwok Eventually I might take it further. I need to finish up some other stories first. But I have some definite ideas about where I'd like this to go. [face_mischief]

RedGold Did you finish it yet? :p

Kidan Probably later. I want to complete some other stories first. :D

ginchy I hope the same thing. :_|

Blue_Milkshake I will, and thanks for reading! [:D]

Jade_Pilot Well, I did have an outcome in mind. [face_whistling]

Jedi_Lover I still haven't read Bloodlines, so I'm hoping with you. :D

Jade_eyes Thank you. [face_blush]

Jedi-2B Yes, that Cade gives me hope. [face_love]

Sara_Kenobi Yes, it was an angst fest. :p

SilSolo I want to expand it too. I've just got to be patient. :rolleyes: I'm not good at that. :p

obi_ew Coming from you, I'm speechless.

JediJainaSoloFel Thanks! :D

ThePariah Nope, and I haven't seen those movies yet. :p

StarFighter5 Let's hope so. [face_praying]

MJade Yes, he should. [face_skull]

Feng_Huang Faint of heart is complete now. :)

dianethx I've done some grief counseling for couples who have lost babies and it's really odd how grief can impact relationships.

divapilot I'm sure it is, but I'm still worried about the Skywalkers. [face_worried]

PRINCESSCAMBRIA Thank you. [:D]

Jade_eyes I promise to PM you when I continue it. :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER I think EVERYONE is worried about them.

Gina Thank you for always encouraging me. [:D]

4. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Clearly I should visit ByTS more often. :p

Superberous as always, VL. It's surely a testament to your command of character that Luke, Mara, and their separate personalities remain comprehensible to someone whose EU knowledge is sketchy at best.

There are so many beautiful lines - I loved the one about Luke's name being "a talisman against all the evil of the world". And a devastating last section; it's heartwrenching that Mara knows they will never speak again.

It's sad too in a way that Jacen Solo murdering his cousin is actually on the plausible side. [face_plain]

Great work.

Nem :)

5. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I guess I'm doing a little mini tour of Mara a' la Vaderlvr64.

I realized at the first sentence that I had read this before and loved it and was surprised that I hadn't commented but I'm sort of glad I hadn't becuase I have new insight after reading yet another LotF since then.

I can totally see Mara feeling the most betrayed by Jacen's turn because she is so totally ethical. Now, that may sound like an odd description of an ex assasin, but that is how I have always seen her; ethical and loyal and she has defended Jacen from the beginning of this series so even if Ben isn't axed...which I have to assume he can't be, unless of curse Kidan's dreams come true and Jysella makes a sudden apparence in LotF and whoops it up with the youngster and a bun is slid into the oven before Ben is cut down...

But I tangent...

This is how...if...jacen were to kill Ben I would picture the Skywalkers reacting. Like all her life was sort of preperation for taking down the mini-monster at this point.

Destiny....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.