main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY My Fan Film Book is Finally Out and on Amazon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dolt, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, I got my author copies of Homemade Hollywood about two weeks ago, but the book is finally getting where it needs to be--Amazon!

While you guys have seen the fan films at the library programs, the inside story on them is worth checking out; the book has all the against-all-odds tales behind Hardware Wars, Troops, Star Lego, Revelations, Trooper Clerks, The Star Wars, Kung Fu Kenobi, the Pink Five series and The Dark Redemption, plus TONS of other favorites, like Batman: Dead End, Star Trek: New Voyages/Phase II and The Green Goblin's Last Stand.

I'm just glad it's finally out there. :)

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    I'm so happy for you Clive. I know it's been a long road.BTW, the next group meeting is next Sunday 13th at the mall. are you gonna be there.So I can give you the BOND book?

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Congrats on the release. --Billy

4. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    I won't be at the Mall 'cause it's Ava's birthday that day; we'll be doing a tea party at a Victorian tea shop in Farmingdale (though I hope to sneak down the block to Land of Oohs and Ahhs). We still plan to be at the Holiday Party the following week though! :)

5. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    <<Farmingdale (though I hope to sneak down the block to Land of Oohs and Ahhs).>>

That place is great. It's like a time warp.They have
    everything 50's to now.

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Clive,
    Kenny mentioned your book and your appearance at New England Fan Experience on the Doctor Who Podshock podcast this last show. He also plugged your blog. They were discussing fan films in general. --Billy

7. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    Awesome--I had no idea, so I'll have to check it out. I plugged the podcast in the NEFE wrap-up on my blog the week after the show. That was a fun night. :)

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Let us know when you'll be doing a book store signing and we'll come out in support. --Billy

9. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    I just picked it up today at the Borders in Westbury.

10. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    Awesome--thanks for getting it; hope you find it worth the money. Also it's good news 'cause every time I've gone in there, they haven't had it on the shelves but their computer system said they had it. Good to know it finally made the long trip from the store room to the General Film section!

11. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Clive, I see you on the guest list at I-CON. What kind of programming do you have planned and will you be making your book available at the con? --Billy

12. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    I'll be doing my usual fan film program for an hour. I-Con has yet to give me a time or place, too, but it'll have to be Saturday 'cause I ain't coming Sunday.I'll have books with me, for sure. :)
    Don't know what time I'll be getting there--looks like I may be doing a big fan film talk/book signing at an arts cinema in NYC the night before; it's still in the planning stages but it looks hopeful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.