main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My father's legacy (Vader/Leia fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: My father's legacy
    Summery: On a diplomatic mission Leia is captured by Slavers and sets out to save the slaves around her completing her fathers wish before he turned to the darkside
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything
    Notes: based on the 'I'm gonna come back and free you Mom" quote

Leia Organa woke to pain. Her left arm was at an angle it shouldn't be and she had to grit her teeth in an attempt not to cry out.
    Once her eyes adjusted she realized she was in a room, it was sparten, just soil and sand. Around her the people wore light tunics and leggins and wore the same defeated expression.
    Beside her a young girl of twelve gently bandaged her arm, she too had the expression of degregation and poverty. Shw worked methodically without looking at her patient. Leia could hear her singing underneath her breath.
    "Who are you?"
    The question startled the girl. She had not expected Leia to talk and she nervously looked around the room as if she suspected to be overheard and punished.
    Leia followed her gaze but couldn't see anything wrong with the question.
    "You are on Rtna 12"
    Leia searched her memory
    "A slaving colony?" the words were torn from her. Leia dispeised slavery in any form, and Rtna 12 was one of the worst.
    Slavery was legal here and any one of high standing owened a slave.
    "How did I get here?" Leia tried to sort her questions out. She needed infomation quickly.
    "I just saw your ship, you were brought here by her Highness's men."
    "Her Highness?"
    Again the girl cast a furtive look around.
    "Lyrina Zana. She rules Rtna 12"
    Leia nodded slowly. Peices were begining to fall into place. She looked at her new friend.
    "What's your name?"
    The girl looked puzzled as if she had asked her brother Luke what a Duck was.
    "I have no name"
    "Have no na-" Leia cut herself off. This planet got more obcene the longer she stayed on it.
    "I'm going to name you Cadia is that okay?"
    The girl nodded happily.
    Leia leaned against the pillows, trying to formulate a plan.

2. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    This looks very interesting......I'm hooked.....please do continue soon.

3. Mystic_Ally

Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2003
    wow...

this is so cool, i'd love to see where this is going to go, I really like the Leia/Cadia, that was cute! :D

4. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    This story looks promising. You did a great job of showing how terrible and degrading slavery is, with poor Cadia being agraid to answer the most simple questions and not even having a name. I'm looking forward to more.

Kristeh

5. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This story looks great so far! I love fics that bridge characters from the two trilogies.

One suggestion (and please take no offense)--you might wanna use your spell check before posting. I know sometimes I add stuff to my fics after I've posted and therefore I can't use spell check; I just have to pray I spelled it right. :)

Anyway, hope the next post is soon!

6. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    This fic is proving to be really interesting. I'm anxious to know where this will lead! Its definitely caught my attention. :D

7. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Hmm, interesting.. please proceed...

Jess

8. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Next post?? nice story..

9. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    ooc: I am sorry about my spelling it isn't my strong point but trust me I am trying.

Leia woke up refreashed. She lay against the straw and gazed up at the ceiling collecting herself.
    She would need all of her skills just to stay alive.
    Slowly she climbed to her feet, checking her thick white jumpsuit for stains and splits. It seemed okay. She wound her hair tightly around her skull.
    Today she would meet with the Queen.
    Leia looked around, looking for the girl who had helped her. She could not find her. For a moment Leia was worried. It was obvious that strangers were not welcome here. Had someone caught the girl talking to Leia and punished her?
    Leia resloved to find her after her meeting. She was getting off this rock no matter what. Her expression was feirce and demanding, Han had joked it was a true Skywalker expression. He had stopped saying it when he realized that Leia wasn't all that proud to be a Skywalker.
    She hoped this wouldn't take long. Her new duties in the New Republic were vast and there was no way she was letting some two bit Queen who thought slavery was acceptable stop her.

10. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Oooh intersting start!

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Too short, but nice.

12. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Interesting story. Keep postig please. Looking forward the meeting between Leia and the Queen.

Zs.

13. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    I wouldn't want to be that Queen. Leia may not be ready to accept it, but she is a Skywalker through and through, and that means nothing is going to stand in her way.

Looking forward to more.

Kristeh

14. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    The throne room matched what Leia had interpreted. The room glittered with gold and silver hangings, pots, tables and the beings wore heavy expensive furs. It sickened Leia that these people lived in finery while others toiled away. It was something that lay close to Leia, she had grown up under Bail Organa a man well respected for his values of all life.
    They looked at her as if she were no more then a slave but Leia held her head up even though she was chained.
    The Queen sat upon the throne dressed in shimmering silk of the most expensive kind, her long slender fingers were draped in bracelets and rings of every colour and her skin was lightly tanned.
    Leia raised one eyebrow mockenly. She had faced down every scum in the Universe the deadliest sith lord and others just because this one dressed better made no difference in Leia's eyes.
    "You wanted to see me" she would not bow or acknowledge her with 'her highness' which was proper and Leia could see anger in the other's gaze but she would not back down.
    "Strangers are not welcome here" Thw Queen's voice was soft but underneath
    "It was a msitake that I landed here If you will let me go I will not return"
    The queen laughed. "I am afraid you are now a slave"
    Leia's eyes drifted to the court indeed to them she was nothing. And that was good. The guard behind her slammed a rod in her back forcing her to her knees but she would not lower her gaze.
    "Yet I am still better then you"
    Leia smiled

15. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I like this a lot so far and can't wait to see what Leia will do! An interesting dilemma, physically and psychologically. Just one question, though-- shouldn't this be on the Beyond the Saga board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.