main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon My Favorite (Blank) in Star Wars is......

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by FenixRu, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    As many of us are aware there are certain elements in Star Wars some may enjoy more than others. Myself I loved the space combat, especially anything involving the fighters. When The XWING series came out I can fondly remember the many nights jawafett and I spent blowing TIEs outta sky in out vehicles of choice. Much to jawafett's dismay the original XWING had no YT-1300 class ship (better known as the ship type the Falcon is, to my GREAT joy the A-Wing was in the game, and in it I was untouchable.

So....

Whats YOUR favorite element, character, etc in Star wars, and if you could share why. Sometimes its really amazing to see why we are all drawn in....

2. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    My favorite element(s) were the Bounty Hunters from ESB! Boba Fett and Bossk were always my favorites, but when things started resurfacing in the 90s, I made a point to get a hold of the vintage (loose) Bounty Hunter figures. I even remember getting into an argument with some schmoe at a toy store here in town about which one was Zuckuss and which one was 4-LOM.

Why don't I have a bounty hunter costume?

-Kyle

3. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Lightsabers, no doubt about it

4. QymaenJaiSheelal

QymaenJaiSheelal Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2006
    The endless stories and possibilities that the Star Wars universe presents. Star Wars is forever.

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002

I'd have to say a BOY,a GIRL, and a UNIVERSE!

Or perhaps because it is an epic of HEROS... and VILLIANS...and ALIENS from a thousand worlds...

*main title blows up

6. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I would say that my favorite 'line of semi-sarcastic reply to someone who greatly deserved it would be, Darth Vader: "I find your lack of faith...disturbing!" No other bad guy to my recollection had the stones to Force-choke his conversation partner for merely stating what, at that time, was blatantly obvious...gotta love Vader!

7. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I dont have to say it, you guys already know :) What I love most in SW is...WOOKIEES!

8. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers of course!!![face_dancing] And the never ending Star Wars universe.

9. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    For me, personally, I would have to say that Luke Skywalker is my favorite aspect of the Star Wars Universe. He is my ultimate hero. Why? Because he was that iconic figure that I remember so vividly from the very first time that I had seen the first movie. Seeing him walk up on that sand berm and looking out into the desert was a poignant scene for me... for some reason. And all through out the years of watching Luke in the movies, I grew to respect him for all he had to do with what little he had to work with. He didn't have much training and in the end he played his part in the grand scheme of things that worked for the will of the Force.
    It was his background that appealed to me too. I felt a connection with his character because there were aspects of my life that kind of mirror his life (lack of the father being around, growing up feeling like a social outcast, etc..)

But with Star Wars as a whole.... why did it affect me the way it has? It was the first and last movie I ever saw with my older brother before he died of Leukemia. So that is why I am the huge SW geek that I am. It is my passion because in some way me keeping the passion that is Star Wars alive equates to keeping a small piece of my brother alive, too.

Ok, the swordplay and dogfights always appealed to me too! :cool:

10. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    That is the most beautiful reason for loving Star Wars I have ever heard. Mine is not so beautiful, but for me no less poignant. I feel an intense connection to the philosophical beliefs of the Jedi. As a christian God is my "Force" that I lean on and draw strength from. Its all about the force, the connection of power and emotions, the need for meditating to connect to life around you on a deeper level. I honestly wish I could really be a Jedi, to feel that much, to know when someone is sad, or feel when something good or bad is near. I find it endlessly fascinating.

I also really like Luke a lot, but not as an icon. We needn't go into that though.

11. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Perhaps it is because we all search for more weather we realize it or not...created that way perhaps... ;)

12. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Here's my take on this one...Jedi is as Jedi does...In New Zealand, SO MANY people replied on the national census that their religion is "Jedi", that the NZ Government had NO CHOICE, but to recognize it...I think that SW has influenced EVERYBODY's life, whether or not they would acknowledge it, and in some way made it better.
    Aramy...I know that feeling. My Dad left my Mom when I was still 7 mos. In Utero, and Mom's appendix had burst, threatening BOTH our lives. *We* lie there dying, *he* comes in with divorce papers, and plans of a new life with my Mom's best friend from England...(true story, no BS!)so, I feel ya!
    In any case, the Jedi way has/will always appealed to me, because they accept things as they are, regardless of personal feelings, and still attempt to make the best of it. Such has been the story of my life.
    I don't know about *apprentices*, but I would be happy to show you what I know, on a one to one basis, and teach you as much as I can, out of comraderie and fellowship! I have to change my previous response...I don't think that Vader's sarcasm is my favorite thing. Here is my new response...
    My favorite part of SW...is all of you...*real* fans, just like me. Without us, what would it be apart from a few miles of celluloid in a can? "*We* are the makers of reality, and *we* are the dreamers of dreams!", to quote Willy Wonka. (Hey, it makes sense!) I thank "the Force" for giving me the chance/motivation to drive 83 miles, to an unknown place, and find GOOD people, like-minded, celebrating a common cause. Where we could ALL find friendship and peace and good memories, and the desire to create NEW ones! I think that ultimately, THAT is what Lucas had in mind...a REASON to HOPE!!! A Grand Vision of the "light at the end of the tunnel", if you will. You can stand ready as a "good guy", or revel in the mischief of being "the bad guy", and people take you either way. There are not many other places in today's society that offer that acceptance, or understand it, for that matter!
    This has been one of the best things that I have come acrossed in some time! I am proud/happy to be a part of it!! Looking ever foreward!!

May the Force be with us all...

Master Keyan Flamecloud
    Jedi Practitioner
    (and PROUD of it!)

13. wajiii

wajiii Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2006
    My favorite blank in Star Wars is the blank screen right at the beginning of the opening title sequence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.