main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC My Fiance dumped me

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe because history about familial relationships =/= history about couples relationships?

So, to wit: have you ever had a girlfriend or significant other? And if you had - in order to add to the thread's theme - has that relationship been broken up by either party and do you understand the feelings that provokes? If the answer to both questions is "no", as we all know it is, then perhaps you'll understand why you're being poked. As usual.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, that would be like me going into a baseball thread, talking about ping pong, and wondering why people were laughing at me.

yankee8255 and Ender_Sai like this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Fair enough. :p The only time I've ever been dumped was in a relationship I thought I had been developing with someone here (you know, the whole love can't blossom on a message board thing :p ) back from the summer of '01 until the summer '02. I forget how we began to exchange PM's, e-mails, etc, but we began to "know" (as well as one can through these methods) each other a bit well during this time span, to the point where we exchanged letters to each other (with a picture of ourselves enclosed). A few months pass, and I don't hear anything from this woman. Nothing. Then sometime in the spring or summer (I forget exactly when) of 2003, she sends me a PM explaining how though she enjoyed the letter I had wrote, she couldn't get over her displeasure about how I looked (and this was before I began growing a beard), hence why she had stopped communicating with me, and why our relationship (for what it worth before anyway) was over. I was very much hurt by that, but there was no choice but to move on, and let time heal any lingering bad feelings. The last time we had contact (via Facebook in '08), we both agreed that given our ages then (I was 15, she was 16) that we both weren't exactly making 100% rational decisions.

4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    What I meant to ask was why is this thread still going? It's been nearly two months. You know; move on, that sort of thing...

5. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005

6. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004

7. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    It's turned into the JC version of relationship counseling.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Okay so the answer is "no" then.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    If you notice, JCC doesn't really have a dedicated social thread. Often, threads just kind of evolve into social threads. A lot of us are really good friends, and enjoy conversing with one another. People post words, and people respond to those words, then people post more words... this is generally how message boards work.

10. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Didn't we used to have a love advice thread back in the day? I remember it being a bit more vicious.

11. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Connemara's.

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah it's pretty easy and stuff

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just do some pushups or something.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, seriously Austin... you should be engaged to somebody else with a baby on the way, by now. Get with it.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    As to five years compared to the rest of your life, while theoretically a short time, who knows what's meant to happen.

As Arthur stated, different strokes for different folks.

ALSO

What relationship thread doesn't?

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Dani, you heartbreaker!

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, bro! *high-five*

18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    we are in agreement, sir

Ender_Sai likes this.
  19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    darth guy, exercise is an important component of both physical and mental wellbeing and is ALWAYS a valid suggestion for solving one's problems

20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    FWIW, I've lost a ton of weight and been exercising A LOT lately. It has really helped. Tennis twice a week, golf twice a week, eating healthy. This absolutely has had a positive bearing on my emotions lately, I think.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What? Health and wellbeing are linked?

TO THE LAB!

Darth_Invidious and MASTERPRENN like this.
  22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

(I love using this image.)

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Exactly... if you're going to be together, you'll be together, whether you have the government document, or not. I'm not saying that everybody should follow my beliefs, I'm just saying that I, personally, don't see the point in rushing into marriage. A person does a lot of growing in five years--a lot more than in one year, or however long. If the relationship stands the test of time, then I'm all for it. Also, I'm not saying that waiting five years ensures that the marriage will last a lifetime. I'd just feel a lot better about making that sort of commitment after a substantial period of time.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You're sure it wasn't the profound emotional catharsis of Twilight?

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Haven't we figured out as a society that posting pictures of cats, either in their natural state or being cute and anthropomorphic, is neither cute, funny or witty? Seriously, between cat pictures, duck face and Juliet's taste in music, archaeologists in the future will find precious little of value in our moment in history and we'll be lumped into a modern dark ages.

As is their wont.

Rogue_Ten likes this.