main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My first art thread...Artwork of Cat Staggs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by gatodama, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow!I love your style! You just made your picture incredibly tidy!

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    As usual, I am once again blown away by your talent, Cat! :D

The Maul and Secura pieces are just amazing--wonderful close-ups, beautiful colors. And the Padme commission makes my teeth hurt, it's so pretty! I love her almost stern expression, which so goes with the Queen costuming/hair--and the rosette behind her is a stunning backdrop, reminding me of a throne or dias of some sort. Just beautiful! =D= Thanks for dropping back in with such wonderful updates!

FF

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Wow, just simply looking through the last page blew me away. =D= You have such a talent.

Thinking to come back here to check out the latest was the best thought I've had all week.

I'm in awe of this. Absolutely amazing.

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    a lot of nice art :)

5. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    ok..commission showin time!

You don't know the POWA' of the Dark Side!

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/Vadersm.jpg]

airbrush and colored pencil piece..havn't done one of these in a while..but I guess I better get to practicin' what with CIV coming up!
    [face_whistling]

6. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    wow, allow me to pick my jaw up off the floor.
    Beautiful work as always.

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    =D==D=

It's always Christmas when Cat updates!! [face_dancing]

Wow...I have no other words... This is stunning: love the highlights in this one--just like a photo! Absolutely gorgeous! =D==D=

FF

8. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    wow, that is a powerfull piece. =D=

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's great to see you around these parts again, gatodama!

Wonderful rendition of Vader and very lifelike. I truly admire your work! =D=

10. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Ooh I saw this on Lj and thought it was really lovely! Is that freehand pastel and airbrush or do you use a paint program? It looks freehand to me, but sometimes it's hard to tell. And would that be block pastels, or round? What do you use to blend, a paper stick or something else? I just had bread recommended to me by and old pro - I just about fell off my seat! Which do you do first, the pastel or the airbrush? Sorry for all the questions - airbrushes kinda intimidate me. :p I always admire someone who uses them well!

11. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Well thank you for the compliments everyone.. it is pretty nice to be back in these parts with a little star wars piece to share.

Now lets see if I can answer those questions

Is that freehand pastel and airbrush or do you use a paint program?

Freehand..not very proficient in photoshop this piece is 11" x 14" on Gatorbaord.

And would that be block pastels, or round?

neither..it is pastel pencils

What do you use to blend, a paper stick or something else?

the good ol' finger...never heard of the bread thing...wouldn't want food involved in a piece...not good....

Which do you do first, the pastel or the airbrush?

Airbrush, pastel, Airbrush..hang it on the wall.

Here is another piece I did recently .. I have been doing a LOT of comic characters..and I did this one the other day for the hell of it..(it is now selling on the auction site)

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/Spider-man3sm.jpg]

oh and I found this convention sketch too..I thinkit qualifies to go here

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/con_yoda.jpg]

ok..Have a great Holiday everyone!!

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG!! That Spiderman rocks!! What a great pose, and outstanding lighting! Just too cool!

And I want that Yoda to hang on my wall! **breaks piggy-bank and starts to count** I love his expression, that sort of sly, knowing tilt to his little green head... Just gorgeous!

=D==D=

LOL--superlatives...that's all I ever write in here... [face_laugh] ;) :p

FF

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Cat, that Spiderman is just outstanding! Yoda is a fun little piece as well, but something keeps drawing me back to the webslinger. Excellent work as always! :D

14. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Spider-Man is Awesome! :D Not your typical art where you'd see him in his acrobatic poses. It's so dark - he almost looks forbidding.

I keep getting the impression that Yoda's a little annoyed about something. Great detail.

- Suz ^_~

15. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    hey thanks guys...

they yoda was done in someones sketchbook I believe at the Dallas Comic Con this past October...just a quick head shot commission.

the Spider-man was a concept hopefully for a project but don't think it will happen...but like I mentiond..the original is up for sale on evilbay...I don't remember if it is ok to post a link on here or not..so I am not going to.

anyway..thanks for looking and appreciating. I hope to have a MAJOR, LONG overdue web site update in the next few weeks..so I will let you all know whne that happens.

And get ready for CIV...starting to brain storm for the Exclusive print. Good times..Good times!

16. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Wow, thats a very impressive set of pieces you have there. The indiana jones/marion three piece style chart thingee was by far the coolest piece of indiana jones fan art I have EVER seen. Why in the world arent you doing comics or movie posters or novel covers or advertising campaigns or something?! You have amazing skill and talent. Can't wait to see the next update!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandomcomics.com

17. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Nar,

Thanks for the compliments. I am working in comics, covers, and what not. It is just a VERY loaded businsess...I am still on the lower levels at the moment but the way this year went and the way next year looks..I have the feeling that is about to change. things look good. So don't worry anymore. :p

As for the Indiana Jones piece..that was a cover for a Convention program that I did with fellow Star Wars artist Tom Hodges. There was also a print set made just for the show in which we each signed out own version and then each signed the combo piece in the middle and they were also signed by Karen Allen. I think we only made like 50 sets. I still have a few left..pm me if you , or anyone else, would like one and I will give you all the details.

18. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    =D=

kudos to spiderman, but yoda is awsome, too.

=D=

19. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    OMG!!!!

D.Vader is Spectacular,
    Spider man is Stunning,
    and Yoda just plain ROCKS!

Those are airbrushed??!! You do a very nice job with those!!! I'll have to look back in the archives of this thread and look at the rest sometime!! I look foreword to more of your art, its sooo beautiful!!!!

20. JadedBrush

JadedBrush Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2006
    very cool i like the crispness of the artwork

21. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    LOL..thanks

only the Vader is airbrushed the Spidey and Yoda are done in markers. oH and on the CIV print.. I have FINALLY figured out what I am going to do...keep you fingers crossed it passes approval!

22. WolverineOfTheORS

WolverineOfTheORS Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2006
    I've just checked this thread for the first time and well...I'm speechless. I see myself as a pretty good drawer, but this is something else. You have a rare talent, gatodama - I truely admire you and your work. That Darth "POWA" Vader painting is absolutely fantastic, as is that Spider-Man one...oh, and the Batman ones are brilliant, every single picture is stunning.

Keep it up, my friend.

=D=

23. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Got my new sketch cards...and have given them a test drive before I use them for commissions...

Soooo this is a test of the emergancy art system...this is only a test...

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/obiwan.jpg]

24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    :eek: WOW! that is awesome! the color is just fantasitc. I'm speachless =D=

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Simply amazing, Cat! =D=

What medium did you use? Is that airbrush?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.