main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My first art thread...Artwork of Cat Staggs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by gatodama, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    You're my hero, gatodama!

FalconFan took the words write out my mouth...er... fingers, in this case. Your talent with a pencil is unparalleled and your airbrush... I can't even fathom your abilty with an airbrush.

I can't wait to see what else flows from your hand.

2. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Just wanted to let you all know that my site has finally been updated. The sketch cards will post after the release date.

For those on dial up....you may be able to open it next year ;) Seriously, it may take a long while to load please be patient.

I am workning on another project which an Official announcemnt will be made soon. It is very exciting. :D

My site

3. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I love your art and stuff but I can't seem to get your site to work it always appears tiny to me. Did you check if its compatible with mozilla?
    Sorry this is annoying me cuz the situation semes to be the same with the new OS layout. :_|

4. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    best viewed in expolorer...sorry

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get anything to show up. I get into your site fine and everything but when I get to the section that lists "t-shirts", "paintings", "autos" and "sketches," I click on when of them and I get blank screens. Although, it did take a while for it to load everything - even on a DSL connection. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

6. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    the thumbnails take anywhere form 10-20 seconds to load the first time you go to the site.

7. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm having trouble with your site, too, Cat :(

Your last site didn't have the weird resize thing in Firefox, it worked fine.

if I view the swf without the HTML file, it works fine (And looks super cool, by the way!). There's something weird happening with the html. :)

8. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    there is no html (only a shell)....it is completly flash ....best viewed in explorer,. It does not work well in fire fox(very small).....thumbs are slow to load the first visit...patients, use the force.

9. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Thanks to ArtyEwok ;) The site now works in Fire Fox....enjoy people...

10. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    sketch cards will be posted on my site within the next 24 hours...i will repost when they are up...

by the way if you want there is one on ebay right now...oh and check out Tom Hodges set that he is selling....absolutly beautifull set of four cards....don't look if you are spoiler free :(

EDIT: Cards are posted!!!!!! Whoo Hooooo

11. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Hey Folks,

This is a tease of the final underdrawing for a print I am working on for Celebration 3. It will be made into an edition of 250 prints sold exclusivly at C3.

you are looking at about....mmmm......10% give or take.

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/tease3.jpg]

I will keep you all posted on the progress as best I can.

back to painting I go.....later Vaders

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Only 10%? Wow, that is going to be one big print and it's a shame I won't be able to see it in person. Is it based off the entire Saga or just Ep3? You perked my interest with this one...

I hope you can post more updates of it. Although, I'm not positive what kind of terms Lucasfilm has you under. I don't want to get you in trouble. Awesome job so far - the liknesses are uncanny. ;)

13. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Ok here is the rest.....and in full color!!!

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/CatSith041305_Master.jpg]

and as promised the final "Hyperdrive" piece featuring Han and Chewie:

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/hyperdriveweb.jpg]

14. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    gatodama posted on 4/16/05 8:41am
    Ok here is the rest.....and in full color!!!

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/CatSith041305_Master.jpg]
    [hr][/blockquote]

[face_shock] Thats amazing! Would you be able to provide a larger version for wallpaper use? I would realy like that as my desktop! :D

15. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I won't say 'wow' because that's been done a hundred times. But this is excellent work. I'm just a novice artist, I can tell you that as an author, the right picture really is worth a thousand words. I can see the story in every nuance of your work. This is definetly something I'd love to see more of. Keep up the good work!

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: :_|

:eek: =D=

HOLY ***P!! (To quote Frank Barone...)
    Those are so awesome they make me want to laugh and cry at the same time! Wow--just WOW!!
    To coin a wonderful phrase Esira taught me:
    You leave me "gobsmacked," gatodama!

=D= =D=

FF

17. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    You guysare great. Thanks for all the compliments and ecouragement> I still can't believe what is happening and I feel like next week at C3 will be completly sureal!

I hope to see some of you there. If you are going please make sure to stop by and say hello!!

More ROTS work to come in the next few weeks... I am doing some work for a local theater event for the film release. I will post it as soon as I get it done.

18. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Man did this ever get buried! You guys are busy around here.

I just thought i would share some of the sketch card commissions I have been doing.

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/codycard.jpg][image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/greivouscard.jpg]
    [image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/vadercard.jpg][image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/Maulcard.jpg]

this is the first airbrush/pencil card

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart/greivouscolor.jpg]

Ok.....back to work!!!

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Dang, Cat...you are truly amazing. Your work is really inspiring to me. What you're doing at the moment, is everything I wish to do in the future. I just really admire the likeness and detail put into every single one of your drawings/completed works. I don't think I stress that enough. =D=

20. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    When I see your work I think . .

"Cat can draw. I am a hack. I hope nobody finds out."

By the way, how'd you get the fancy "LFL Artist" tag? I want one! :(

-Otis

21. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    When I see your work I think . .

"Cat can draw. I am a hack. I hope nobody finds out."

By the way, how'd you get the fancy "LFL Artist" tag? I want one!

HanSolo29 do your thing!!!

The "hack" needs a tag! ;)

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oiy, Otis! :oops:

I'll see what I can do with that title. I didn't know. [face_blush]

23. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow guy, Great stuff. I need to know what brand and grade of pencil you use. :-B

24. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Wow guy, Great stuff.

Hey, pal . . that's a lady you're talkin' about.

;)

-Otis

25. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Whoops my bad, the bearded guy on her icon threw me off, Sorry about that. [face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.