main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic My first day of high scool... ugh.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I was really worried this morning upon going to school. Not just my first day back, but my first day in high school.

When i went there i couldn't find any of my friends, although i met up eventually with a few friends and what-not. I was going from a school of 300 kids to one with over a thousand. Not cool. Very not cool.

Anyways, being the on the student council, i had to dress up in a weird shirt and act all geeky. fun fun.

It was impossible to find any of my classes, and since we're now semestered, i've got all of my good classes after Christmas, and all the crappy ones now. Oh, and there's maybe only 5 people in each class from my old school. the rest are complete strangers.

i was supposed to stay after school for a student council meeting, but it was cancelled and i had to find soem way home. which sucks because i've always walked to school and never, ever had to take a bus. i almost got on the wrong one but my good friend corrected me. thank god. then, as i walked through the door into my now empty house, i realized that my mom was supposed to pick me up after school and drive me home. and i left my bookbag and books in Mi'kmauq studies class.

So i'm typing this now in a vain attempt to forget that my mom's probably at my new school doing soemthing embarassing that i won't ever be able to live down.

Sigh.

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    With regards to your schedule: I had schedules like that all through high school, and college is shaping up to be the same :p

3. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Lol, I know how you feel, luck has it that my school is small, but after my first year, things are shaping up to be good, only more intensive, s I am doing IB.

4. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    It was my sister's first day of high school on Tuesday. She didn't seem to mind it.

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i suppose i'll get used to it once my spirit is broken more.

oh, and on a better note, my latest work of art in the cinematic format may soon be online (for real this time).

6. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    It gets better.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

7. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    It better get better. :p

8. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    yeah, i had something simmilar on my first day of high school... i went from a junior hight that was 4 stories (3 above ground, and 1 below) to a highschool that was only one story... and 5 times as big... the sucky times are when you have a class in one end of the school, and the next is all the way on the other side... leaving you no time to talk with friends or whatever... but, trust me... you will make friends, and you will find out what your old friends classes are like... like, you might have a friend who is across the hall, or down one room... it isnt bad once you get into the swing of things...
    i went from a junior hight that had roughly 700 people to a highschool that had 1500 (roughly)... it is trying at times... but only for the first little bit... you'll be just fine

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Did they give you a map? :p

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Now now fear not, it will get better in times.

Stay in school and don't do drugs. :)

High School is only the first step in "bending" you to society needs.
    Enjoy it while you still can or you'll be force to do like me and after your done with high school and college and go back to school.

I know this sound adult and all, but i'm only 23. whish I had money instead of classes.

Whatever happens always remember this, no one is actually better than you, you're all equal in high school.. And whatever you may get afraid of will just vanished away when you get in college. :D

hope this helped.

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Get involved in extra-curricular activities. I entered grade nine shy, reserved and completely lacking all self confidence. Then I joined the writing club and met other people with similar interests. They taught me to be myself. After I became involved in drama, I slowly became the crazy bubbly person I am today.

So, find a club that looks interesting and join! You won't regret it.

12. Star5248z

Star5248z Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    i agree...except i ended up doing most of my activities in jr. high...there was more to do for mein jr high...but get involved anyway...you'll meet different ppl you might have not gotten to meet just in class.

My sister just started high school this week. poor girl is confused cause the school's a maze :( I didn't think it was that bad!

oh, At, I can understand why you didn't want to go to the dance...coats aren't as fun as dancing...or ppl watching :)

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    There was great rejoicing about the return of the school map to the student agenda this year. :p

14. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  15. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    How large are your classes AT? my english (IB Higher Level) ha only 6!

16. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Only 6 people in your class? That's gotta be one small school.

In high school, we'd have 20 or so people in are class....10-14 in college.

17. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    13-26 people in a class. i think.

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow. At RHS, I had a lot of classes with 15-20 people, but if the class started like that, they'd try to cancel it. :p

Apparently this year the classes are all at the limit and they need to get a new teacher for the rookies.

Don't know what my university classes are like yet, but first year is usually fairly big.

19. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    In Quebec you go into High School at 12. I went from a small school of 90 students a grade to a school of a couple of thousand. That was a big shock. I never joined a club, but I did have a small group of friends who I hung out with. I prefer college. High School is rough on everyone. Best thing I did in High School was a trip to Asia. Go on trips as much as you can, the teachers are more fun outside of school.

20. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    My history is up tp 10 people, but most classes are still around 12, which is nice!

21. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    My English is up to 10, but most are around 12 people. Dak, how many in your English?

EDIT: Oops, extra post!

22. Dak-Konzerth

Dak-Konzerth Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2003
    Today there were around 5 or 6. Tomorrow, who knows? It is one of my smaller classes along with biology. Actually, now that I think about it, they are all extra small... hmmm... I smell a conspiracy.

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Are you taking your classes at a different level than normal? That's why I usually had small classes.

24. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    interesting, you guys' high schools sound not that bad.

25. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah it is most of the time....lol

http://www.kes.ns.ca

Provinicial Hockey, Rugby and other sport champions! Sometimes...well, often!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.