main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga MY FIRST FIC HERE "On the Way to Something More"--A H/L mushfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyLamb, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLamb

LadyLamb Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2003
    It was almost quiet in the forest, all of the inhabitants and visitors having worked their way from joyful exuberation to something between a drunken stupor and sheer exhaustion. Some were still awake, but didn't dare disturb the others, so their conversations remained in whispers.

A certain scoundrel and High Princess of Alderaan were among the more conversational.

"This is it," Han sighed, grinning at the fiery remains of a Death Star still blazing in the dawn light. "In a decade or so, when the kids ask where you were when you won the war, you can tell them all about your heroic adventures on Endor."

Leia shrugged, taking a long pull on a medicinal bottle of water as she kept her eyes focused on their intertwined hands. "Nah," she mused, "they'll never believe it. They'll think I was at some desk, making sure it was all financed. If I show them my scar, they'll think it's from the time that we went to Uncle Luke's wedding and someone forgot to check for blasters."

He laughed easily. "'Mom can't possibly have been in the Rebellion. She's too organized for that.'"

She reached up to slap playfully at his cheek. "And I'll say, 'You think that's bad? Your father was in charge of the whole thing.' 'Nuh-uh! He was off with Uncle Chewie fixing the Falcon the whole time, probably didn't remember there was a war happening!'"

His mouth found her palm, brushing the skin lightly and she could feel him grinning against her hand. "'Your father'," he repeated. "I like the sound of that."

She turned to return the grin. "Me, too."

He pulled the hand down to free up his mouth and leaned in to capture her mouth with his. Her arm snaked around his neck, pulling him closer, but he pulled back slightly, face reverting to solemnity.

"So, High Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan," he intoned, "shall we get started on making me a father now?"

Flushing, she jabbed him hard in the ribs, pulling away to stand in nearly-genuine indignation.

"Who says I intend that at all?" she sniffed.

"Your lips certainly do," he smirked.

The aforementioned lips quirked upward in a grin. "They have a big mouth," she quipped.

He shrugged. "That's what I've been telling you for years, sweetheart."

Ignoring the jibe, she folded her arms. "I'm not doing anything of the sort unless you ask properly."

Han let out an exasperated sigh. "I just did!"

Her booted foot came up to physically put him in his place--pinned against the wall. "You know what I mean," she threatened with the charm of a baby Ewok and the intentions of a wampa.

"I know," he mumbled grudgingly. "Not yet, though."

"In your own due time," she assured him.

Raising his eyes, he offered a hopeful smile. "So what are we right now, beside unlikely heroes?"

Leia withdrew her boot, allowing him to straighten. "We, my dear, are on the way to something more."

"That's not entirely helpful."

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice tale.

You made Han and Leia sound very credible.

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Well Done!

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Very good! :D

5. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Good job, LadyLamb. I'm looking forward to more from you :)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I'm reading this. I read the title and there's a song that says "On the way to something more/life's so easy to ignore/the sweetest parts/of all our days/usually happen along the way." Is that where you got the title from? Liked the line about "want to get started on making me a father?"

7. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, that was so cute!

And funny, hehehehehehe!

A great first fic!

I really liked the Han/Leia interaction!

A. Windsor

8. LadyLamb

LadyLamb Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2003
    Cool! Readers! Thanks for reading. I'll be updating this soon!

9. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Nice first time fic LadyLamb. Hope you write more!!

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    LadyLamb, that was too darling. Han and Leia seemed very in character and... it was so cute! Banter! Yay!

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Very adorable, LadyLamb! :D Thank you for sharing!

Am [face_love]

12. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh that was just precious! lol precious makes it sound like a little dolled up poodle or something but it's the only word I can think of that hasn't been used yet.

My favorite part:
    "Who says I intend that at all?" she sniffed.

"Your lips certainly do," he smirked.

The aforementioned lips quirked upward in a grin. "They have a big mouth," she quipped.

That was just priceless. Hope to see more from you soon!

13. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Excellent start for your first fic, and I'm so happy this is a Han/Leia mushfic. I love H/L mush. Looking forward to reading more of this one. :)

14. LadyLamb

LadyLamb Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2003
    Sorry I haven't written in so long. My crazy life got in the way. Did anyone find this by looking at the review challenge? //Feels like a star.//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.