main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver My first job is a dream come true!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DAKAI_SERAKI, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    hey, guys, guess what? I have my first job! I work for capcom as a beta tester! I play games to look for glitches, and I get paid!

I also applied for being a memeber of capcom's art team, and I have 3 weeks to come up with a drawing of any capcom character! I was thinkin of drawing Netto and Enzan from rockman.EXE!

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Way to Cool!!!

lucky you

Congrats

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Problem is, you have to be very observant and write things down. And, you have to play crappy, bug filled games too. Pay isn't very good either.

Dream come true? Naw. Better job than most? Definately.

4. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    hehe, I know. you don't play the games like you normally do, you have to jump and attack everywhere, and to writeups, and all that stuff, but I love this job!

I still have 2 more weeks to make the drawing for capcom, and I really want that artist job, cuz I get paid 100$ a month, and I get to draw 24/7! I only get paid 50$ each time I find a glitch, and that's not often.... But I'm only 13 and I don't really want to buy anything, so It's an ok pay for a first job.

What they do in that job is that they give you descripions of a character you have to draw, and then draw it. They use it for art in the manuals, playing guides etc.

5. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    "I have my first job! I work for capcom as a beta tester!"

Congratulations, Dave! :D Working in a job that you love and getting paid too: definitely, this is a wicked combination. ;) And remember, even though you won't be gaming in the regular sense (as you'll be watching for and writing down glitches/bugs), you will be playing these games before anyone else does: this is something that is not just unique, but very cool too. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.