main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My First Lightsaber!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by mayabin, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    Hi,

I just made my first lightsaber!:) I used the great info that Jedi-Loreen posted. I also used a few tricks that I came up with myself to light it.:cool: I have about $130.00 into it so far. I would like to update it with sound FX. If I posted this in the wrong place or something feel free to move it or even delete it. After reading hundreds of pages on here I just wanted to say thank you all for the great info. You inspired a newbie like me to make an awesome saber. I did not do any Touch ups on these photos. I'll post more pictures and maybe video if anyone is interested.

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-5.jpg]

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-1.jpg]

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-10.jpg]

2. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Congradulations! Looks pretty cool. The hilt is a bit on the plain side, though. Decorate that thing! ;)

3. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    I'm planning on working more on the hilt now that I have the blade done. I just need to get some kind of sound driver in it first.

4. icbob

icbob Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    ooo, nicely done, very bright : )

good job!!

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Cool! :cool: [face_peace]

Doesn't it feel good to make your own?
    ;) :D

6. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    Making your own is a thousand times better then buying one already made. It may seem hard but the results are worth the effort.:)

7. Kalabsam

Kalabsam Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Great job man! LOVE the green!

8. Super_Jedi_Grover

Super_Jedi_Grover Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2005
    That looks great. I love the green too. Seeing pics like that really helps me confirm that my first saber will be green too. What "tricks" of your own did you use in lighting the blade?

I don't know about everyone else but I'd definitely be interested in seeing more video of home made sabers.

9. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    great job! looks great

10. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    I'll see about getting a video up and then giving you a link.

11. SithLordCy

SithLordCy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    Can someone please give me some sort of tips as to building my own lightsaber? I'm looking to make a double-bladed dueling saber but can't seem to get it right( although a single would be fine.). Please if anyone out there can give me some tips they would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail adress is ejejdan@aol.com.

P.S.
    I'm just looking for something simple, no lights or stuff like that. Just a dueling blade with a decent handle design because I'll probably spruce it up as I go.

12. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Aarrgh! Please don't call them "handles", we prefer to think of them as "hilts", like a sword! [face_plain] :rolleyes: :p

Check out the thread index at the top of the forum for other lightsaber threads and ask there about double-bladed sabers, someone may have already made one successfully. The "Your Lightsaber" thread had a lot of info in it.
    o_O

13. SithLordCy

SithLordCy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    Thanks. Sorry about the saying handle instead of hilt. I'm kind of new at this.

14. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    It's ok. It's just one of my pet peeves when it comes to lightsabers. ;)

15. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Just make it in a Darth Maul style. Each of his blades were powered up separately... so just make two individual sabers and attach them.... that seems to be the easiest way considering you'll have to get the batteries in and out, so having 2 individual hilts that come apart is the easiest way to accomplish that, even if you have no intention of ever breaking them apart to make to individual sabers. If you need to know how to put together each individual one, just read through here...it's all here. If you don't have the time to read through this whole thread (which would be a good idea anyway), just check out Strydur's site...he has a tutorial there for you to read, and he has even set up a forum so if you had any little problems, you could ask them there and not worry too much about asking a question that has already been asked here. But if you have the time to read at least the first big jumble of pages here, you shouldn't have any problems. Many many people have successfully built their own sabers using the knowledge in these pages. Good luck.

16. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    Hi,

Here's video and a few more pics.

Video 2Mb http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LaserSaber.wmv

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-2.jpg]

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-3.jpg]

[image=http://www.virtuegames.com/fun/Saber/LIGHT-7.jpg]

17. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    After watching the video a few more times I think maybe I should do something about the tip on the blade. It looks cool but not exactly like a Star Wars lightsaber. Anyone else have any input?

18. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    cool vid--your lightsaber looks great--i am not an expert but it looks awesome to me

DL

19. Super_Jedi_Grover

Super_Jedi_Grover Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2005
    That?s a sweet video. I personally like the fact that it plumes a little at the tip. That?s where I would like to think a ?functioning? lightsaber would be most powerful. Or maybe it?s just me.

20. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    Yes, that's why I'm not sure if I want to change it. I looks really cool when you make contact with it on an object. The extra bright tip makes it look almost like it's cutting through it.

21. Captain_Crunch1340

Captain_Crunch1340 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005

Why does it really matter what someone calls them?

22. mayabin

mayabin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    I may give a link to a new video once I get a second one built. A video of some dueling action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.