main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My first model

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by ScaPaCamem, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Here is my first model there is a link to my scroll down to candycane. But i have no idea how to do markup codes

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    looks good! is this an electric image or bryce model?

3. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    bryce i did what padawanick does and used a bunch of models to make one

4. Olen_Garn

Olen_Garn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    From what I can see (which isn't very much) the ship looks good, how about rendering a top view for us, and don't forget to turn on antialiasing. For the markup codes, look at the top of this page, you shouold see links like searth, options, help, terms of service, faces, then markup codes.

-Olen

5. lolleader

lolleader Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2000
    Per SCIFI3D's TOS, I'd definitely *ask* model authors in the future before using pieces of their meshes for kit-bashes. At the very least, you should credit their contributions to your work.

The ship itself looks ok.

6. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    o yea i defintley credit them. I wil put them in my website but i gotta do research. To firgure out who they were if they were your models thanks.

But i added some diffrent pics with more lighting

My model

Edit: i have just pm'd all model creators asking for permission to use their models

7. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Looks pretty decent. The first pic screams "Sith Infiltrator" at me when I look at it.

8. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    good model!

9. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
  10. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    whoa! i know i posted this a while later but anyway... thanks for the comments i feel proud now :D

11. InvidShocktrooper

InvidShocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2003
    You should feel proud with anything you make whether or not people like it. The reason you completed this model no matter how long it took was because you felt it was worth the time and it appealed to you. We all gotta start somewhere so you'd best get that confidence up now in your learning years.

12. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Just a note for everybody... my take on this sorta thing is that ALMOST ALL if not ALL artits do not approve of "kit-bashing". So it's not a good thing is what I'm saying. Legally... you can do what you want in your own time.. but don't post about or put it online on a website. Ultimately all this will do is make alot of people mad and they'll start talking about pulling their models off-line again.

Yea, I know. ? It can be that bad. So I'm just gonna lock this thread and delete it later. Alot of artits are really against it this much yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.