main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV My First Movie

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Keela, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    Ok so it was just yesterday, so it wasn't a long time ago. And it was at a theater down the street, so it wasn't a galaxy far far away, but....

Axia and I took our 3 year old padawan, Morgan, to see Episode 3. It was the first movie she's been to EVER and she was AWSOME! I was so proud to be her mother! She listened when I told her she had to whisper during the movie and she only asked to move her seat twice (it is a long time to sit still for a 3 year old) and moved quickly and quietly. She was SUCH a good girl. I know I'm gushing and most of you probably don't care, but I'm just so impressed with how good she was that I had to tell the world! (Ok so I'm a mom, sue me!)

And to top it off there was another family there who had a little boy about her age and he was a BRAT. Talked thru the whole movie and cried and whined and his parents never ONCE took him out of the theater. They let him run around the isles and generally bother everyone. I was afraid she'd see this boy and want to go play with him but she never did.

On top of her being so good she was too funny besides...

** When the opening scroll was going away, she was waiving her little hand and saying "Bye words."

** When ever Palpy used force lightning, she was putting her hand up with fingers spread and her arm straight out.

** They were giving away posters with every ticket that have Vader on them and say "Who's your daddy?" because of Father's Day, and she kept using hers as a lightsaber every time there was a battle on the screen.

** We were afraid she might be scared when Palpy goes ugly and evil, but she sat there just facinated and loved every minute. She even turned to me at one point and said "Anakin's gone. Where did Anakin go?" after he turns to the dark side!

** But the BEST, absolute BEST PART, was after Anakin has defeated Dooku and Palpy tells Anakin to kill him...Palpy said "Do it." and then you heard this little voice go "Do it!"

We just died laughing and so did a couple other people in the theater. We've completely brain washed her! hehe

It was one of the best days we have ever had as a family! This probably sounds totally geeky, but I think it ranks right up there with the day she was born. I know she will never remember this weekend, but it will be one of those stories your parents tell about you to others that you have to hear over and over and over till you feel like you do remember it and you're sick to death of the darn story! But I don't care. :D

OK *gushy-mommy-babble off*

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    that's awesome...i can't wait to have kids so that i can brainwash them into loving star wars.

3. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Its a truly beautiful thing.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    That is awesome, you guys. I got the Star Wars DVD Trivial Pursuit for Fathers Day, and my son identified every character on the box.

When I look at him and say, "I am your father!" in a deep voice, he immediately says "That's not true, that's impossible!" and he rushes at me swinging his imaginary lightsaber going "Vum, vum vummmm!

And by the way, thanks for teaching your child proper theater manners. I say this on behalf of everyone, everywhere.

5. Keela

Jun 9, 2005
    Yeah, NOT a problem. There is nothing worse than a parent who can't be bothered to parent because they are too busy watching the movie.

Kids will be kids, no way around that and I think, in part, we were darn lucky, but we NEVER would have let her act like those parents let that boy behave.

We also have very strict rules about standing up on booths in restaurants, yelling in book stores, running around unattended, and acting like someone else?s house is like "home." (Meaning jumping on furniture, flinging toys everywhere, etc...)

I dislike parents who feel they are entitled to let their children inconvenience you just because they don't have the skills to pay attention to their own children.

Of course I also dislike people who think that it's ok to TOUCH your child. You would never go up and just pat a complete stranger on the head! Why do people think its ok to fondle your kid's hair while they walk by?

hehe...sorry got me started. *rant off*

6. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    NO DOUBT about the touching thing. That ticks me off big time. Or they grab my kids hands. What the freak are they thinking? Luckily, my son doesn't like that kind of stuff too much, so he will naturally try to avoid it.

7. Keela

Jun 9, 2005
    Lucky you. Morgan is VERY friendly with strangers. It scares the crap out of me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.