My first 'real' marathon

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    It occured to me a few days ago that I have yet to sit down and actually watch all 5 movies in one big marathon, so, well, I did! It was a very unique experience because I watched it with my neighbors, all of whom have never seen Star Wars (to the point that they didn't know Vader was Anakin). So what prompted this? Well Saturday I went out to help do a Fan Film shoot with Neszis, and as it turned out myself and another of my Riddle Players buddies got to be the lead Elite Rebels in this part of the movie. So I dragged along my friend Danielle who probably didn't even know who Luke was, and after seeing how the film was shot, and moreso a real life Stormtrooper, she wanted to see what all the fuss was about. So yesterday around noonish me and her family sat down, popped in Eppy 1 and began the longest marathon, next to LotR, and I learned a few things.

1. When shown in sequence, the prequels are not that bad, rather good actually.

2. The prequels make the OT look like an independant film. It was very interesting to see the graduer and scale of one and two, then go to the rest and see how small most of the sets were and how they were far les vivid in terms of color and setting.

3. Sitting in a room with a bunch of people when Vader says 'I am your father' and hearing the gasps of recognition and suprise was absolutely priceless!

4. Same as above with Boba Fett, now that we see where he comes from.

5. Hearing a 300 pound guy scream out 'Little furry midgets! ha HA!' when the Ewoks attack was great.

So all in all it was a really cool experinece and I can't wait for Revenge of the Sith to come out so I can do it all again!
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Good fun! I still need to try it out myself. Perhaps on the blasty long drive back to school! :)
  3. JediMara77 Chosen One

star 4
    I would love to do that...if I didn't have work and a thesis to write. :(
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    We could try to do it as a Fan Force group when everyone gets back... nah! :p
  5. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    A thesis? Eeew. Sounds nasty. Sorry to hear that!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.