main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary My First Tattoo

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ShatirLavan, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005

This is my first tattoo, a symbol for Jedi Starfighters. I love it!

http://public.fotki.com/ShatirLavan/tattoo/tattoo_1.html

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Very cool! Nice size too!

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Looks good excellent work where did you get it done at.

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Way cool man! The artist did a fantastic job!!

Where did you get it done? I assume he can make it smaller?? I want one too!!=P~

5. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I got it done at Bushido tattoo. I got the design from another member on the Jedi Assembly boards when I was looking for possible tattoo designs. Here is the url of the thread:
    http://apfoister.proboards9.com/index.cgi?board=TCantina&action=display&thread=1125975541
    I was trying to decide between CW Yoda and a Jedi symbol and I got the perfect symbol for me. Yoda can be somewhere down the road.

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have yet to get inked, but I check out this site from time to time for inspiration.

7. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Here's Mine...

http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=14771

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    That is pretty cool...

9. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    It's into the dry, itchy phase. Very annoying.

10. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I hate that. Is this the dry itchy pre-flake off phase....or the post-flake off phase? Definitely during the pre phase it's the most annoying..and you can do the most damage. Gross...definitely the worst part about tattoos.

11. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Pre-flake. I've been moisturizing and keeping my hands off it. The itching isn't bad but it's fairly constant. I guess since it's a decent size there's lots of space for it to itch.

12. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Careful not to over moisturize....you can actually suffocate the tattoo. I'm sure it's probably starting to lift by now....feels all nice and bumpy and crusty...blyuck! The worst, unfortunately, is yet to come. When it starts to flake off this is the most dangerous time. Big bits will want to come off....but they will be firmly attached at one end. If that piece gets scratched off or accidently pulled off when you change etc. it will leave a scar in the tattoo. Not a HUGE deal because you can get it filled in later. Personally....I'd watch mine really carefully for signs of that happening and would just clip off the loose parts and let the rest come off on it's own. It's like an ink scab. The whole process takes about a week and a bit......depending. Then.....it's itchy for a bit and then you are done!

How many are grossed out yet?? You'll have to forgive me. I deal with dead people all day....not much grosses me out.

13. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I am not grossed out! I deal with way worse stuff than that at work. Thanks for the info though...I have thought about getting a small tattoo but can never decide what to get. Maybe one day I will find one I really like.:cool:

14. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    In the words of Vergere, "Choose, and act."

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You'll know when you find it that it's the right one. Then...it's like an addiction....one is never enough...

16. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm already thinking of what to get next, though I'll wait a year or so before actually getting another. I think Yoda or another Jedi in the style of old Samurai art would look really cool. Or maybe a predator.

17. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Wow! That is one impressive tattoo. I like. ^_^

18. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    If I'm able to make it on monday you will be able to see it is actually blue, not black as the picture appears. And if I can't make it to the meeting, I will at least make it to the DVD release for sure.

19. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Although Predator is freakin awesome I don't know if I'd want his ugly mug permanently etched into my skin lol.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Predator/pred1.jpg]

Ah nostalgia. I remember my first tattoo. It's been eight years since I got this puppy.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/miscellaneous/tattoo1.jpg]

And then this one a year later

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/miscellaneous/tattoo2.jpg]

The third and final tatt shall be a profile (black and striking to match the theme of course) of the Achilles Helmet. Yeah yeah I know, couldn't see that one coming right? lol
    It's funny how they get addictive but sooner or later you run out of places to put em and need to make a decision to be inked all over the place and show up in a magazine somewhere or if you just want it to be more subtle and be one of those things you see on the beach once in awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.