main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY My Force Meeting @7-11 today/ T-KAOS debut

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RnRJedi007, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    At Lunchtime I drove to pick up my last of
    Sith Slupree Cups @ 7-11. I Ran into a fan
    wearing a SW T-shirt on line. So I told him
    about DB516 & my trooper armor. He's the mgr
    of Game Crazy (in Hollywood Video) across
    the street(Portion RD in Ronkonkoma). They
    I were about to start a Star Wars gaming
    tournament. He asked me to show up in my armor.
    Well, I had a million things to do , but the
    will of the Force drove me there. So, Today
    T-KAOS make his debut. Everyone was asking me
    tons of questions. Everyone thought the armor
    was cool. I handed out the B/W DB516 flyers
    that Billy gave me. After that I walked The
    Regal Theater. It's right next door(where I'll
    be at 11:55pm on Wed). So I walked over and
    walked in with my armor on. I got a great
    reaction to armor. Then at the other end of
    shopping center I went to surprise my friend
    who works at Boston Market. That went over
    great too. I had it on while a couple of hours
    and all went well. BTW, I called Chris and
    told him about it. He plans on going tomorrow
    (possibly Billy too I was told) as the SW
    tournament continues. I believe its 2-6pm.
    I have to work tomorrow , but will try to
    stop by before its over.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Congrats on the debut. Did anyone get photos to commemorate the event?
    See ya tomorrow. The Emperor just might drop by.

3. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Hi Billy, Yes I bought a camera and took a
    few pix. I have to work. I will try to get
    out early to join you.

4. Master-Razgriz

Master-Razgriz Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Hello. I was at the Game Crazy both Saturday and Sunday. I would like to thank T-KAOS, TK-WHA ( If the name is not correct, I am sorry) and the Emperor for coming on sunday ( today at the time of this post). Also, I did win both the tournaments ( One was SW:Battlefront and the other was SW: Republic Commando)

5. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Indeed it was a festive weekend at the gaming store. The timing was uncanny as RnRJedi007 and I met at the local 7-Eleven.

It was pointless to resist the will of the force.

Much thanks to the guys who made it all possible!

See you guys in Farmingdale!

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    hey Chris and Razgriz,
    That was alot of fun. Great idea you have going at the gaming store. It all cam together last minute. next time we will bring along our whole club.
    And thanks for that Stand-up display. Its awesome! Its set up in Rob's living room right now. --Billy (The Emperor)

7. notninja

notninja Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Hi i was the Cameraman at the tournament. I would like to thank those who attended. and aerosith too it was awsome supprise.

pictures and videos at www.notninja.textamerica.com

8. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Hey Guys, I had a blast both days at Game Crazy.
    I'm glad I was able to join Chris & Billy in
    costume Sunday Afternoon. Game Crazy Chris, I
    still cant get over our chance meeting. I'll
    be at The Ronkonkoma Regal in Trooper armor
    for the Midnight showing. I guess i'll be there
    around 9 and 10 pm. Maybe earlier. BTW, Thanks
    for the Stand-up. It's really cool.

9. Inno-Vader

Nov 9, 2004
    Hehe -

Billy, thanks for the props but it was you guys that brought the tournament to life. You brought the energy to a younger generation and they're gonna remember this for a long, long time.

As for the standee, hey, the least I could do :)

Rob,

I can't get over the 7-eleven thing myself. It was as if the whole thing was scripted. SCAAAAAAAARYYYYY!

And John, AKA NOTNINJA,

thanks for your stills and videos. You had them up so fast. For a busy guy in school you made the time to get this stuff up and for that you are to be commended.

It was really fun and I'm sure we'll do it again bigger and badder!

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey John, Thanks for posting the photos and the video. Great job on the video of us entering the store and with the Imperial March playing no less. Excellent. --Billy (The Emperor)

11. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Hey there,
    I'm glad I went to Game Crazy.I had alot of fun.My thanks to Chris for having us and John for doing a great job on the video shoot.I was pleasantly surprised by all the enthusiasm.I await the next time we can do this again with more members.
    -Chris

12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Chris Game Crazy,
    For the people here who dont know; Tell everyone about your store, the tournements and where to find Game Crazy. --Billy

13. Inno-Vader

Nov 9, 2004
    Sure thing Billy!

Well guys, Game Crazy is a video game retailer that began on the west coast about seven years ago. It was founded by two guys in their late 30s who hated paying 50 bucks for a game and getting it home to find out that it stinks! Currently we have almost 800 locations in the US. My store is located at 575 Portion Road in Ronkonkoma.

Anyway, Game Crazy is the ultimate gaming destination. Why? Well, for several reasons. Think about it. You can buy games anywhere right? Well, at Game Crazy, you don't have to ASK about a game, you can try it out and decide for yourself. That's right. You can try ANY game to see if you like it before you spend your hard earned money for it!

What's more impressive about Game Crazy is that we host tournaments every month. Each store hosts tournaments for games that are hot in that particular area. Luckily for me, Star Wars is hot in my area so I get to do all sorts of fun things related to the best sci-fi/fantasy to date!

You can trade your old stuff, even as far back as Nintendo Entertainment System, for store credit and apply it towards something you want to purchase!

Ready to buy a system? No problem! EVERY system comes with 12 FREE rentals from Hollywood Video. That's right. More trying before you buy. It's a great value. More than that, it's just a fun place to be with people just like us!

All I have to say to my friends in the Long Island Star Wars community is this: see for yourself. Don't take our word for it. Come visit us. BS with us. Challenge us to a game. We're up for it if you are.

So if you plan to see Revenge of the Sith in Ronkonkoma, take a walk over to the next shopping center. We're inside the Hollywood Video building.

Be sure to mention DB516 when you come in! We'll know how to take care of you!

I hope to meet many of you in Farmingdale but for those of you who cannot make it, please feel free to drop by the store for movie/game discussions, etc. Just don't mention Greedo shooting first. We have issues with that. :)

Thanks guys.

Chris

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Great description Chris. I think its a really cool place and wish there was something like that when I was into gaming years ago. The only reason Im not into gaming anymore is cause I just dont have the time - and you need lots of time when you get into a game. So any gamers out there, check out Game Crazy cause it'll be heaven for you. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.