My Fresno Brothers & Sisters: ROTS Hauls?

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it would be cool for us Central Valley folks to post what we have scored for ROTS product either last night, today, or whenever. Feel free to post 'em here, amigos y amigas! :cool:
  2. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it took leaving a good friend's birthday gathering at a local restaurant/pub after only 2 1/2 hours, and driving 40 miles, but it was all worth it.

My wife, best friend, and I arrived at the Wal-Mart in Ceres at around 10:35pm PST, and we jumped into the line near the toy section, where 3 others were waiting. We waited, chatted, and all around joked until the release at 12:00am. We were warned (As in the past) of no pushing, fighting, or general crap starting or else the sale would be halted. Surprisingly, there was more helping tonight than I had seen even in the past 2 product releases. I was amazed. As I had stated in the other thread, my main objective for ROTS would be the same as all other figure releases:

GET ALL IAN MCDIARMID PRODUCT!

My haul:

#12 Emperor Palpatine (x2)
    #14 Chancellor Palpatine (x2)
    #35 Palpatine (x2)
    Deluxe Changing Palpatine/Darth Sidious
    12" Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine
    #6 Clonetrooper (x2)
    #11 Darth Vader
    #13 Count Dooku

----------------------
    $87

It took the 3 of us about 15 minutes to gather what I was searching for, taking it up front, and ringing up. We left the parking lot around 12:17 am. Afterward, it was onward to the TRU in Modesto, to rendezvous with the Central CA Garrison of the 501st, of which Darksider George and his girlfriend are now members. I didn't pick anything up there, although I did price check the collector tin Trivial Pursuit--$50! I was leaving it to get the Yoda next weekend, but $50!

In both TRU & Wal-Mart, the figures hardest to come by were Clone Commander & Red Guards. Also, as many are saying here, I didn't see any Aaylas, although it doesn't affect me.

3. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    To add to my pick-ups from last nights Midnight runs at Wal-Dirt & TRU, I got this stuff today from both Target & Barnes & Noble:

Red Senate Guard (x2)
    #6 Clonetrooper
    Episode III Visual Dictionary
    Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections

4. BTY8200 Jedi Knight

did the wal-mart that you went to (where you got the palpatine #35) have any other figures from that line?like the clone pilot or clone commander. cause i'm in fresno/clovis and all the stores i checked out didn't have any from that line. just wonderin.. thanks
  5. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    did the wal-mart that you went to (where you got the palpatine #35) have any other figures from that line?like the clone pilot or clone commander

They did have 1 Clone Commander, at the very least. I could see the basic figures section (1 of them, at least) for a solid 30 minutes before we were allowed to sift through them, but in my haste to grab all thing Palpatine, I didn't both with the one I saw. I saw no Clone Pilots at all at any place I went to.

I did see a few of the #36 General Grievous (Exploding), but didn't care to buy any. None of the #37, 38, 39, or 40, either, all of which were rumored to be out on Day 1.
  6. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    I went to TRU at midnight and there was already a huge line, I would have been there earlier but had to pick up my wife from work. Most people there were scalpers buying 5 or 6 of everything, I wanted to get the 12 inch anakin that changes into vader but some guy bought all of them, a bunch of saveges in this town! We ended up just getting the Monopoly sets and some activity books for fun.
  7. Delta3eight Jedi Padawan

From Friday night, to Monday this is what I hauled in..

-General Grievous 12"
    -Clone Trooper #6
    -General Grievous' Body guard #8
    -General Grievous #9
    -Mace Windu #10
    -Darth Vader #11
    -Shaak Ti #21
    -Royal Guard(red) #23
    -Royal Guard(blue) #23
    -Luminara Unduli #31
    -Aayla Secura #32
    -General Grievous(exploding) #36
    -Arc-170 Fighter

8. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    I havent bought any stuff yet!! I'm still kind of in the process of moving to a new house plus i have no money! blast! i'd like to get that 12 inch Anakin figure that turns into Darth Vader.
  9. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Blasphemy, Valens! ;)

Lack of $$ is no excuse. I gave DarksiderGeorge Hell for not buying much, either. I guess I saved....er, should I say, my tax refund came at just the right time. When you get nearly $2000 in tax money right before the product release, it makes things great. My wife still has all of the half of the $$ still for herself, but my half took a $150 hit this past weekend! :eek:
  10. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Did any of you guys get the Holo Yoda from TRU today? You had to buy $25 worth of stuff to get it. As much as it pains me to buy lightsider scum, I picked up another 12" Palpatine (This one for work), and a Deluxe Palps/Sidious to go up on the "Great Wall of Ian".

[image=http://img150.echo.cx/img150/4654/truyoda8lg.jpg]
  11. Rabbit4x Jedi Knight

MM:

I got Unleashed Grevious, clonetrooper #6, 12'' clonetrooper and a crap-load of the boxes until my car was full. I was at Clovis' MM.

I got Lava Vader the next day. Managed to get four of them with the help of friends and family. At the Target, I got clone pilot and clone commander, the only ones I saw there.

The following week, I got the holo yoda by getting unleashed obi and anakin #2.

So far, I think Ive spent $200 or so on ROTS. Now to wait for the lightsabers to come out from MR.
  12. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I bought plenty items, Jirin.... ;oD

501 membership had its perks, 50% most all purchases!! DOOOOGA!! Anyways, I got pretty much all I wanted except the Clone Commander. I should have picked up an Arc Fighter too while the discount was in effect. Besides havent I spent enough money on figures!! hehehe Im now a living action figure... That was cool of TRU to let us have first crack before the fans arrived....

13. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, but when I made my post here, it was shortly after our Modesto excursion on that Friday night/Saturday morning. You hardly bought a thing! :cool:

You've bought more since, obviously.
  14. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got the Capt. America version of Vader!! Anybody like that version of him with the Imperial Symbol shield...? I thought that was a very unique fig....

15. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about those cool ass TV-Guides with the holos on em. I got the Vader and Palpy covers, OF COURSE!!! ;)
  16. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    But of course I got the Palps TV Guide, sir.

I actually picked up the Anakin/Vader one to get it, but put it back. Vader is weak, compared to Lord Palpatine. [face_skull]
  17. Rabbit4x Jedi Knight

Anyone picking up stuff from Master Replicas?

Im going to be getting the Han Blaster, ROTS Minis, and when the price for the sidous drops, Ill pick that up as well.

Or any one collect lightsaber props?

Heres my collection:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/rabbit4x/Lightsaber2/DSC00460.jpg

I have a trade going for the Stormtrooper Blaster. Im waiting to get the ESB Vader FX as well.
  18. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very cool collection Rabbbit!

I collect and build props. I actually have too much crap, toys and props, I need to thin this stuff out soon. I also really like all the MR stuff and if there is anything I can?t build then I usually buy the MR version. I have 3 FX sabers, about 3 or 4 OT sabers, a few real and repo flash tubes that I have built up as sabers from parts. I actually got tired of sabers for a while and started collecting helmets now, and have a nice collection, but I soon found out those take up a lot of space! I don?t think I have any pics of my collection up on my website yet, but I should do that.

Oh, I also see you have a few Gentle Giant bust, love those things and have a few myself.

And going backwards to the start of this thread. I actually didn?t buy that much E3 toys and such, just a few that I liked. 12? Clone, 4? clone, Clone buddy and the new set of Galactic Hero?s, that is the only line I am buying everything from these days. I have grown out of trying to collect one of every figure, but I made it all the way up till somewhere around E2 with that crap. Now I am more into props and weird SW stuff. But I do like lunchboxes and pop-up books. Along with my collection of always growing 501st patches, and I do have an older pic of that, need to update as I got a lot of new ones at Celebration 3:
    http://www.elvistrooper.com/stuff/ElvisTrooper-patches.jpg

And speaking of C3, I picked up a few things while I was there as well. I mean comeon you have to get the tlaking C3 DV fig if you go. And just a few other things and a bit of SW Art as well. This is a full little thing I brought back from C3 too.

http://www.elvistrooper.com/stuff/KensSWC3program.jpg

Oh, and I need to get a set of those Ikea display case for myself soon too.

Also, if you are interested in props, you should head over to the RPF and sign up, or just have a look around:
    http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/

19. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    i just built my first saber and it feels goooood. talking with the sideburned one this morning about props and RPF, i think i've found a new obsession...

and anytime you think about thinning out your collection, you just let me know! i'd probably drool all over myself at your place!
  20. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah yes...now be careful as props are a dangerous obsession and can very soon make toy collecting look like it was small change.

Where you were sitting there going, may I don?t know if I can afford this Lego set for $100...now you will be asking yourself if you have an extra $300 somewhere so you can get a new lightsaber hilt, and so forth.

21. Rabbit4x Jedi Knight

I slowed down in collecting toys and gone more towards props. I like prop collecting. Haven't finished making a custom saber, its been in the garage somewhere for 2 months. Prb get around to making it in the summer.

Im picking up the clones for rots and the exclusives, not going all out and completing the rots basic set.

Also, I saw your tv promo on the web site Elvistroopper, pretty nice collection in the background. Hopefully I can spot you at comic con this year.

22. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Props are sweet, no doubt.... I think for myself though,that the toys will always be part of the growing SW merchandise section in my home. One I get the room set up, I will post the pics here in the Fresno forums....
  23. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    rabbit, you going to con? i'll be there sporting the pro badge :)
  24. Rabbit4x Jedi Knight

hey aero,

yea, Im going to Comic Con (that is the one your talking about right.)

Im going as press for a website I frequent, once I get the a press pass confirmation from Comic Con.

Hope to see you there.
  25. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hope to see all of you guys at Comic Con...

Keeping on task and in the spirit of the Thread...

Jirin and I got these really cool Vader deluxe figs on the Operating table at the Merced Target.

These seem to be pretty rare. What do you guys know about these Deluxe Vaders?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.