My Fresno Brothers & Sisters: ROTS Hauls?

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saw those in the case at C3 but not in any stores yet, not that I have been looking ar anything actually.

But I did hear that Target now has an exclusive Clone Trooper figure to be on the look out for now. Anyone score that one yet?

2. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    They are indeed pretty cool figs. I plan on displaying it with one of my Palpatine figures, so as to recreate the "Birth of Vader" scene from Episode III.

But I did hear that Target now has an exclusive Clone Trooper figure to be on the look out for now. Anyone score that one yet?

The word on them is that they were supposed to officially start being put out by Targets as of yesterday. I really don't care to have it. We saw the #41 super-articulated Clones at Target on Saturday, but I passed. I've got enough Clonetroopers & Clone Commanders for now (5 of Clonies, 2 C.Commanders).
  3. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    Being broke really sucks! I haven't bought one action figure!! The only thing that I've bought is the soundtrack. I really want these figures! Blast!!
  4. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Speaking of the sountrack.... What is your (all of you guys) opinion of it... Jirin and I were talking about this today. We both agree that unlike previous soundtracks this one really didnt have that "flagship" song to it. Honestly, I think that it is probably the worst of the bunch. I will listen to it some more but Im pretty sure that I will continue listening to the others and just bypass EPIIIs entirely.... :(
  5. DarthFresno Jedi Padawan

http://www.fresnobee.com/home/local/story/10519260p-11312457c.html - that's me in the suit - and which jedi that is that i am fighting i have no idea =). Will upload more pictures when i have more time to scan them in.
  6. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    rock on man, I saw that picture in the Bee! I should save it to get you to autograph it *lol*
  7. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey DarthFresno, I saw your pic in the paper too, very cool!

Got any more pics of your Vader suit?
    And how high-end is the suit?

Ever think about joining the 501st, as we could always use a few more people in the Fresno area, if so check out our local garrison site and join up:

www.thestormtroopers.com

8. DarthFresno Jedi Padawan

The suit is movie replica that includes a sound card that loops the breathing every 1.5 seconds and lowers the pitch of my voice in real time to sound likes his (and the breathing continues even if i'm talking). You can also order a stormtrooper mod... http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_elec_vortexVoice.php
  9. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    DarthFresno, thanks, Im looking to get that installed in my helmet soon!!
  10. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool deal man, I infact have the Hyperdyne Vortex 1 in my Stormtrooepr suit actually. And Jim (Hyperdynelabs) is a very cool guy, met him a few times now at different conventions.

11. DarthFresno Jedi Padawan

The hardest thing i've encountered in my suit is communication. When i have the vortex on if there is a lot of noise it's hard to hear. 2nd it's hard to understand me as well unless you are used to it. I've practicing on talking clearing and more profound to understand me better, but it's still a challenge i need to overcome. Futhermore, when i'm just me and talking with someone i use a lot of partial nods or shaking of the head that a lot of people don't catch unless they know me and they think i just ignored them. Now take those partial nods and put my head in the massive helment and it moves MAYBE 1/16 of an inch. Likewise, when people smile at me and i smile back, i tend to forget that they don't see that behind the mask - same with embarresment. When i first started going to places i'd always be red for a while til people adjusted from teh shock and wanted pictures. It's great to hide behind a mask! Anyways, now i've resulted into hand motions that the majority of people can understand they just have to be looking. It will be a day long remembered with the end Kenobi, and the mastering the vortex ;)

-D
    F
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.