main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA My Games at SpoCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    So I'm running upwards of four or fives games at SpoCon this year. I really don't like Cons, mostly because of the time limits, silly little rules, and the occassional bad gamer i have to deal with. So after SpoCon, I probably won't be running any games at the Cons for a very long time. I'd rather focus on the two groups I'm already a part of anyways.

That being said, the main game I am bringing to SpoCon is the season finale of the Star Wars Saga Fellstar Capmaign. This will end the first "movie" so to speak, and set up the stage for "movie" number two, which I'll be running in the Spokantina RPG group afterwards. So everyone in that campaign will want to show up! More on that later as I develop it.

The rest of the games are just ideas being bounced around in my head a bit, and are not my main focus right now, so I will post them as I fill them out as they get scheduled.

2. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Here is the game info that is being posted for the game at SpoCon:

Star Wars Fellstar Campaign Season Finale
    Players: 10-12 by Invitation Only
    Duration: 3-5 hours
    Start: Saturday 12:00pm
    System: Star Wars Saga

Flavor Text: "The piece of dried skin looks very old, older than anything I have seen before. The writing upon it was alien, not even my best droids could figure it out. But it is very clear, this map must lead to something important. Every attempt to find it has lead to disaster, even the death of my own father. I am too cautious a man to attempt such an expedition myself, but perhaps someone one day will have the courage and luck to find what this map leads to." The holocron clicks off, and the former Underboss's image disappears. You gaze around the room at your colleagues, with the piece of dried skin layed next to the holocron on the table. You are all wondering the same thing?what lies at the end of this map? Perhaps it is time someone found out?

Description: The Season Finale for the Star Wars Fellstar Campaign! Plots will twist! Dice will roll! And one of the main characters will perish!

3. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Okay, just got the authorization for my SpoCon game on Saturday from 1pm to 7pm, but there will be a break in there from 5-6 for dinner, so we'll probably end up going to 8pm. You will need to bring your characters, dice, plenty of scratch paper for passing notes, and anything else you feel you will need. The game on the schedule says Invitation Only, and everyone in the RPG group is invited by me. There will be no drop ins or unwanted guests.

BE WARNED! I am taking the gloves off for this one, and characters may die. If your character does, understand that it is nothing personal, just something that happens, and you will get to make a new character for the next part of the campaign. So if you can't stand the thought of your character dying a gruesome death, don't come! And If you feel like your character has what it takes to survive, then by all means, come and enjoy the game! (Seriously though, character death can be an awesome experience, my first character died and he remains forever burned into my happiest memories as going down as a hero!)

By the way, for story purposes, you will all need to be 6th level, if you arne't already. And you may want to refresh yourselves with whatever notes/postings you can find. the plot of this campaign revoles around a bad decision some of the group made...

Okay, enough foreshadowing for that.

My second game is on Sunday, and I was specifically requested to run it. We'll be doing a Doctor Who RPG game set at...<insert drum roll please>...a Con! It should be pretty fun and hilarious. the schedule has 5 spots open, so you might want to move fast on this one.

4. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    With the credits our PCs made off the last con game, I have more than enough to buy BB-2000 a complete back-up self. I did the homework on putting that together when we started talking about resurrecting the Star Wars games. (She was planning on taking down a rouge Jedi, after all...)

So I don't have any problem playing her in a 'gloves off' capacity... 'cuz I have another glove. *evil grin*

BTW, Dave, she isn't planning to go looking for info on that custom assassin's disruptor she looted. Ever. An exotic device she cant fully (re: safely) utilize, cant repair, and which could be traced back to her if she goes looking for the one manufacturer who can resolve those issues? It's a liability.

So unless you say someone stole it (to move the plot along) the disruptor is mounted in her 'mini-boss' office in the asteroid base as a trophy. Disabled, or at least drained of energy, if at all possible. The case rigged to stun anyone who tries to remove the weapon, because logically the prime reason to do so is to *use it against her*. The trophy case also has a built-in listening device.

Oh, and don't forget that you ruled she was able to reverse-engineer the device that cloaked the disruptor's energy signature into one that cloaks her droid energy signature.

5. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Yeah, I think I have most of that in my notes.

Is your backup copy group knowledge, or just something you've been keeping secret?

6. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Nathan's PC should probably know about it, since she trusts him and probably needed his help. As for the rest of the PCs/NPCs... that may need some discussion.

I'll have a character sheet for the backup with me at the Saturday session.

7. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Oh Yeah!!!
    And I'm a mini-Underboss now!
    FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS:
    New Menu Line-up In The Syndicate Cafeteria! :D
    Who's up for lunch? Who wants to be lunch?
    Is your name... Clarice...?

By the way, this proposed death of a main character isn't by popular vote, is it?

8. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    No, not by popular vote. Unless you all manage to survive. Then I'll kill someone out of amusement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.