main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My goodbye thread...as manager anyways...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo gang, [:D]

Please forgive my long absence...I've been Missing in Action for more than a week now and it's because my grandfather passed away on the 8th. It has been an emotional time for all of us and from the moment he was rushed back in to hospital we've been on pins.

I was able to be with him towards the end...he as in a coma but I was glad to be able to be there for him. Funeral and Memorial service planning to time and hours and I was never able to come here and post why I was quiet.
    I'm happy to say that it all went well and even the song I sang for papa's memorial went so well...thank the Lord. [face_love]

I'm so sorry if I haven't answered PMs on time. I've replied all of them now and I'm also getting busy doing neccessary edits and checking to see how things have been going.

My thank yous and *Hugs* to Julia(Morgaine) and Daniel(Jedi_Daniel) for keeping an eye on things. Thank you guys...I appreciate it so much.
    Thank you to my fellow MSers who stopped by and checked on WNU.

And now, on with the show... :) If you have problems or questions, feel free to PM me. My online time should get back on track from now on. :)

[face_love] and God Bless,

Pash

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome back, Pash!

Believe me, this place really missed you (and needed you). Me and Julia were really worried about you these past few days. And even though a few other mods were keeping an eye out, they just don?t seem to get this place like a resident mod would. I mean, just look at all the threads you swooped down and edited, and locked. It?s really quite great, like Supergirl flying down and saving a bus full of school children, which is balanced precariously on the edge of a cliff.

But of course we took care of the place. This is our place, after all. Morgaine, Skiara, Me (and Stridarious, I guess) have a profound attachment here. We took care of it the best we could, and I sent you a list of threads that needed to be looked at (which it looks like you received, yay!)?there were a few more threads I was going to send to you, but it looks like you?re sweeping through the forum nicely.

I?m deeply sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is the worst thing in the world to experience, absolutely the worst thing. I hope for the best for you. If you need anything, you always know there?s people here in Welcome New Users who will help. This is the helping forum after all. We're here for you, we're here for each other.

3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Thank you so much, Daniel. [:D]

Yes, I recieved the wonderful PM with the lovely links-believe me that helped alot, my friend. [:D] Thanks again. :D

And to you and Jules and Sabine and Alex, my sincere thanks and *hugs* for the help and all the work you've done.

Argh, I wish I could have somehow peeked to see how WNU was doing the past week or so but it was impossible...I'm just glad to be be back to do my little MS bit. :D
    Sometimes it's tricky for the non-resident mods coz things are a little different here I guess...

Oh and you made my day with the Supergirl reference there Daniel. ;) All I need is young Superman hunkamuffin Tom Welling [face_love], my supergirl suit and I'm all set! Heheh. [face_mischief] :D

*flies off to rid the boards of nasties and baddies* :)

[face_love]

Pash

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You're grandpa passed away? :eek: Oh... :( That must be hard. :( Sorry to hear, Pash. :( *hugs*
    Don't know what to say else... :(

The last nine days I was wondering where you have been and was worried about you and this place.

But this explains it well... And I am glad that you are fine and back. This place needs a Mod.

Sorry again and I hope you get through it soon. :) [:D]
    Welcome back, Pash! :)

5. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I am really sorry to hear about your grandad Pash.

[:D]

Its good your back though!!

6. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm very sorry for you loss Pash. :( We really have missed you around here :) I hope things start looking up for you now [:D]

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Welcome back, Pash. Glad to see you here again, finally. [:D]

Yes, we definitely missed you. ;) I've got to agree with Daniel and Sabine, it's not good for the forum to be without a mod for a full week.

But at the same time I understand all too well that certain events in real life can take up a lot of your time and energy, since I just went trough the same... :( Glad to hear everything went well, though. :)

8. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Sorry to hear of your loss J_H_B, I hope you and your loved ones are well. :)

9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Pash. :( My condolences to you and your family. Welcome back.

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Pash I am sorry to hear of your lose. I hope your heart is healing.

Please be well and we are glad to see you back. [:D]

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    How could we ever be mad at you Pash.... ;)

And so sorry about your Grandfather..... always a tough thing to deal with.....

-I_H

12. Magik

Magik Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2004
    You need not apologize Pash. We all know how difficult that kind of loss can be.

We're just glad that you are back.[:D]

13. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Pash--may I call you Pash?--I know well the pain of the loss you've experienced. In 1995, both my grandfather and grandmother passed away within six months of each other. The grief faded eventually, but I have not let the good memories fade. [:D]

14. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Pash, newbie here who just wanted to offer her condolences. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather -- I'll keep your family in my prayers. [:D]

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    My thank yous to all of you who remembered me in your prayers and also shared your thoughts and wishes with me in this thread and via PM. :)

[face_love] I love you guys and it means the world to have your support. [:D]

Now, what I'm about to say next might not be what you quite expected...

After a lot of thought-and believe me I was worrying myself thinking about this-I have decided that I need to focus on RL right now and I need to step down from my post as Manager of WNU. :(

There are alot of things happening in my life right now and among them a chance to act in a musical that is being produced by our church's teens and 20 somethings. Then there's my new set of classes for an HR diploma, full time work etc.

I don't have internet at work and my usual online time is in the nights. Now with practices after work the only thing I can do is come home and crash. It's tiring and I need time to rest and study etc...

I hadn't intended to suddenly step down but RL has a funny way of getting hectic at the wrong time. ;)

Anyways I don't want you to worry about the WNU board. I am still here to keep an eye on things and do my "mod thing" but a replacement will be found to take over. :)

As for when I'll no longer be a mod, that will depend on how soon I can find a replacement. Then I shall retire gracefuly and become a ex manager with the flashy red name tag! :p

Hmm, I think I've babbled enough there. :p If you have any concerns or worries, feel free to PM me. But rest assured that things will be just fine. :D I will make sure my younglings are well looked after. [face_love]

Love and God Bless, [face_love]

Pash

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Pash, honey, I've already said this via PM, but let me post it here too: ;)

You've done a great job in here over the last year, and it's been a pleasure to work with you. :)

It's sad to see you leave, but I respect your decision to give priority to real life - I know it's not easy to do. ;)

Hope you'll continue to post here, and don't become a bitter ex-mod. :p

Love you! [face_love] :D [:D]

17. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    My condolences for your loss. And though we have not previously met, Welcome Back.

18. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Pash, condolences :(

Thanks so much for always being around to mod this forum. I've always posted here with loads of fun, it's one of the nicest places around :)

Take care! [:D]

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm so sorry your grandfather passed away, Pash. :( I can totally understand the hard time you've been through. It's not easy to lose someone we love. :(

As for the fact you're stepping down from your post as manager.. well it's sad to see you go. But RL is more important than these boards (yes I've come to that great conclusion some months ago). As I said before, it's sad to see you stepping down from your post, but you've done a great job during the time you've been manager. ;)

Hope to see you around! [:D]

20. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    *sniffle* Don't leave us!!! We newbies need you!!! Seriously, though, I understand. RL can be a pain, and oftentimes for me these boards try to interfere with RL. Happy retirement!

21. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    You're leaving us Pash? :( Well, I know we all understand how real life can get in the way. But you've been a really great manager of the WNU board! I hope you'll still stick around here and hang out with us. :) Best wishes [:D]

22. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, I haven't been around here very long, but I have the feeling it's rather easy to forgive you, and I think you have helped to create a wonderfull atmosphere around here, it is a reall nice place. Thanks @};- [:D] And all the best with RL. Hope that despite troublesome events the nice things in RL will be your main reason to be away from here [face_peace]

23. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Sorry about your grandfather Pash. And sorry to hear that you're stepping down. You've been a great mod, and your successor will have a great deal to live up to.

24. Sexy2LeiaBuns

Sexy2LeiaBuns Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Major hugs for you and what you're going through. You need time to heal and to get things back on track, and that's nothing to apologize for. Real people and friends with patience and compassion understand this. So you concentrate on getting things back into alignment right now. I'll say an extra prayer for you, your family, and your grandfather if that's alright by you. He was very lucky to have you by his side.

Take care of yourself and glad to have you back. Lots of love, peace, and hugs.

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Pash, I've only known you briefly but you are such a wonderful person.

I'm so glad that you are allowing your priorities to be real and I hope you will continue to visit the boards.

You are a very special person who has been thru a great deal these past few months.

I pray much sucess and blessing upon you and your loved ones.

Jada [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.