main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Grand Vision of the FF-UK

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    So there's none of the 'Go play up your own end' feeling around with the UK G then ?

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    doesnt look like it

3. darkinhere

darkinhere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hmmm... found some of this at Rotherham, but if we've been invited by them to the NSC then hopefully we can work togther.
    There's no point arguing/fighting over our respective organisations' goals and ideals, even if some of us do have issues with the UKG (asking for staff discount at the canteen was taking the Mick IMHO) At the end of the day we are both here to promote something we love, because we love doing it... Can I hear an AMEN? [:D]

4. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    as i think phil pointed out we are two different groups doing two different things that cross over sometimes

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    AMEN!!

6. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    but now that you've changed the rules i can see thats not going to happen! you are now the UKG just with the fact you let other costumes in as well. well done guys!

7. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    :confused: [face_thinking] :confused:

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Understand-BillAndTed.jpg]

:confused:

8. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    look on the other posts and you'll see

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i did and i still struggle to see your point.

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i've just answered you will probably understand now

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I was talking to Phil and Vez about the FF-UK being involved in charity work when we were at Signatopia. I mentioned that I'm doing the great north run next year and I needed a charity to run for, its just a matter of choosing one. of course if anyone else wants to join me on a thirteen mile run (maybe in costume [face_mischief] ) your more than welcome :p

12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    nope.

13. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    sorry misunderstanding. *bows repeatedly*

the run sounds fun but i think ill give it a miss due to the fact that i have azethma and running 13 miles isnt a good idea when you have that.

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004

thats a good idea I used to run long distance but then never did it again but I tried it last year and nearly injured myself cause I had not done it for so long.

15. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    =D= Tay Mar - nice thread.

16. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i wish the welsh forum was as live as this one there seem be no one about 2nigth what so ever

17. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Ive Just read this

Id really like to know more if i may about this

18. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Simon, I'd be happy to ask darkinhere to describe the specific incident he is referencing. I personally didn't see it at the event, however we are an open forum where members can post their own views. Feel free to PM him directly if you would like clarification from him.

19. darkinhere

darkinhere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Happy to help :)

20. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Thanks Rob! :D

21. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Had a good Chat with Rob and i hope ive gone someway to put some of the issues to bed.

Id just like to apologise if anyone here has any ill feeling toward the Garrison.

One thing i will say some of its members can take the whole we are the UK Garrison a little to far However i must also add we try to pride ourselves on our Accuracy and attention to detail and we very much try to remain loyal to the fims we are trying to portray.
    Our rules can be a bit strict but its this Method that we use that has got us the recognition of being the Best StarWars Costuming Club in the UK.
    Weve just done the Q awards in London and its our attention to detail that gets us gigs of this Nature.

In Future Please if you feel you have been frowned upon by any of our members please come and speak to me or another member of UKG Staff.

Our ways are not to everyones liking but some of us are not a bad lot.

Just another Heads up for you, ive been given the task of Organising a Fan Zone at November MEM by the MEM organisers and i would very much like to involve the FF midlands too, exciting times lay ahead and i feel they are times we can share in Unison.

Simon

22. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

I couldn't have said that better myself. Hello fellow legion member from the other side of the pond! *waves*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.