main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Historical Earth My Gung-Ho Samurai - A Feudal Japan Epic

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Soon people will began meeting up and then this RP can really get moving. The next day, In-Game, your characters will already have the knowledge that I wanted most of the players to know so that they would not be completely null to the knowledge of their world and powers.

Radiance, after some thought, there's nothing for me to do right now, you've really captured the essence of the game, so you have the authority to set up the assassinations as you wish and attempt to carry them out..

Shimabara, Nagasaki

The spirit of Tiger and Eagle took advantage as the trees wrapped their thick branches and roots around the creature's legs, immobilizing it. Tiger used her giant paws to batter the shadow with barrages, as Eagle slashed the creature across the back. There was a thunderous roar of pain from the monster, but it was not done there. It blocked one of Tiger's paws, grabbing it with what looked like a hand while the other arm split into multiple tentacles that wrapped themselves around Tiger, then tossing her to the side. The large spirit hitting the ground caused a shockwave across Amaya's dreamworld.

Eagle was next and though he fought valiantly to escape the tentacles, was captured, thrown to the ground, and then trampled upon by Shadow. Shadow transformed into ball with massive tendrils ripping across the dream, then shot across to Amaya, whipping out at her.

Amaya's arrow, now flying towards Shadow, began to shine with bright yellow light, evaporating the tendrils that Shadow tried to stop it with. It became a beam of light and upon contact with the monster, caused a bright explosion and...

Then Amaya woke up. Her nose was no longer bleeding and she had a wet rag upon her head. The room had been dark when they had went to sleep, now one candle was placed in the window and the old gentleman that had offered them shelter was sitting with his eyes closed, sweating. He opened them, slowly, and they were filled with tears.

"Do not worry about Kenji. He is strong and will survive. I know the pain of losing your twin." And instantly, Amaya knew she was talking to someone who understood her completely. She was talking to the older Cloud of Spirits!

-----

Kenji's adversary was fairing far better than his yorei. Reno not only had met all of Ryujin's claws with his own, but was now going on the offensive. He caught Ryujin's claw and stabbed into it and tearing at the flesh. The barrage lasted until Ryujin, his speed aided by Kenji's power, took his other hand and gashed Reno's arm open. The dragon retreated backwards and then returned, slamming into the muscular enemy sending him spiraling through...the village in Kenji's dream.

They were now back in Kenji's mind, thrown out of Amaya's world.

Ryujin rose into the sky, dodging Reno's limbs that were now stretching out to an incredible range to lash out at his opponents. Reno withdrew them and rose from the ground. He was battered and no doubt discouraged by the fact that now that they were in Kenji's world, the boy's power would increase even more. He was almost invincible here, complete control over his powers.

Gritting his teeth, Reno stamped the ground and drew his sword as his dragon rose out of the earth and flew them both into the air. "I know all your moves boy." A smile spread across his face. "Hello, Ryujin. Long time no see, old friend."

Ryujin stared fiercely. "I am no friend of yours nor your dragon. How can you serve this man, Ryukotsusei?"

The dragon did not respond. Only hurled a large beam from his mouth toward the dragon and his rider.

Tag: Ktala

------------
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

"Yes!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed, raising his hands and jumping up and down. Haruki was showing alot of promise, especially never to have used his powers beyond their innate abilities. But they were drawing some eyes and Ryuunosuke knew that Sunhead had eyes everywhere, so he suggested that they move deeper into th

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Amaya and Kenji Kumo - Shimabara, Nagasaki

The battle was quite fierce. Both the spirits of Tiger and Eagle took advantage to attack, as the trees held their enemy. Both fought bravely, as they attacked the thing, and the ground shook from their battle. But the Shadow transformed into ball with massive tendrils ripping across the dream, then shot across to Amaya, whipping out at her. Amaya's arrow, now flying towards Shadow, began to shine with bright yellow light, evaporating the tendrils that Shadow tried to stop it with. It became a beam of light and upon contact with the monster, caused a bright explosion and...

Then Amaya woke up. She was very confused at first, blinking a few times to gather her surroundings. Her nose was no longer bleeding and she had a wet rag upon her head. The room had been dark when they had went to sleep, now one candle was placed in the window and the old gentleman that had offered them shelter was sitting with his eyes closed, sweating. He opened them, slowly, and they were filled with tears.

"Do not worry about Kenji. He is strong and will survive. I know the pain of losing your twin." Amaya's eyebrow rose, as understanding came to her. This man, who understood her completely. Was she talking to the older Cloud of Spirits? She slowly sat up, her mind still full of the vivid memories she had just experienced. She looked at the old man, and gently touched his shoulder. She closed her eyes for a moment, and then she opened them, and smiled.

"Thank you. For watching over me. And, Yes, I believe in my brother. And even with all of the things told to me this night, I do not understand. Why they are trying to hurt us?" Amaya sighed softly. She then rose slowly to her feet, her mind still reeling from the visions, and what she had been able to do. Could she do it now? "I.. I wish to be near my brother. Perhaps he found out more." she said softly. She would find out later, right now, she wanted to be next to her brother. She made her way to his room.

She said nothing at first, as she knelt down next to him, and gently wraped her arms around him. She was give him her strength as well. She hugged him fiercely.

"Hurry and come back to me, my brother." she said softly into his ear.

-----

Kenji's was having a time with this stranger. So far, he had defended against all of Ryujin's claw attacks with his own, but was now on the attack. He caught Ryujin's claw and stabbed into it and tearing at the flesh. The barrage lasted until Ryujin, his speed aided by Kenji's power, took his other hand and gashed Reno's arm open. The dragon retreated backwards and then returned, slamming into the muscular enemy sending him spiraling through...the village in Kenji's dream.

Kenji was sure a change of sorts had happened, but he was not sure what it meant. Instead, he chose to focus on the battle. As Ryujin rose into the sky, dodging Reno's limbs that were now stretching out to an incredible range to lash out at his opponents. Reno withdrew them and rose from the ground. Gritting his teeth, the man stamped the ground and drew his sword as his dragon rose out of the earth and flew them both into the air. The man spoke. "I know all your moves boy." A smile spread across his face. "Hello, Ryujin. Long time no see, old friend."

Ryujin stared fiercely. "I am no friend of yours nor your dragon. How can you serve this man, Ryukotsusei?" The dragon did not respond. Only hurled a large beam from his mouth toward the dragon and his rider.

Kenji growled darkly. "But you dont know MINE!" he responded as concentrated. He sent what looked looked like a large cloud to block the beam, and send it back towards the stranger. Leaning down over Reujin, whispering softly to him, as he drew his meteor hammer to him. Except this one was much bigger than the one he normally used. He began to twirl it, and it grew out, spinning faster and larger, the wind towards Reno and the other dragon moving, as if they were suddenly caught within a hurricane. With a shout, Kenji then smacked the swirl

3. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Kenchi Hasagara

The luxurious carriage arrived early in the morning, roughly two in the morning. Hatachi made arrangements for a hotel room for the night, so that his Master and friend could rest. Both the ride into Edo, and the few hours or rest that the two men received, went along without incident. Kenchi was always on alert, but allowed himself to rest.

The next morning both men arose and dressed. Hatachi approached his Master as he was fixing a most beautiful and ornate katana to his sash.

"My Lord, should I ask around for who the best local doctors are? It would save time so you can take your morning tea."

Kenchi considered this.

"Yes, yes of course Hatachi thank you."

It would give Kenchi some privacy to inventory his gear again and start planning, as well as give the duo a cover story to further the deception on why they were here.

And so Kenchi was kneeling by the small table ten minutes later by himself, with an arsenal of weapons ranging from his medium length Ninjato sword in it's ornate black dragon sheath, to the very smallest of items, that one would not take as a weapon. Some as small as his fingernail. Blades, clothes, bottles holding various types of liquids. All of these were arrayed in perfect organization on the table before him. He spent the entirety of the morning accounting for his gear and did not put it away by the time Hatachi got back.

The Samurai was more than confused, though a small light of understanding could be seen spreading through his features.

"My Lord... What... is all of this?"

Kenchi was checking the edge on his Ninjato, then snapped it back in it's sheath before looking up.

"How did your search go?"

Hatachi sat down and shook his head.

"It seems that the town physician is tending to a noble a days ride from here who has a rather bad fever. The other candidates aren't worth mentioning. I am afraid we have failed Lady Takamori..."

Kenchi smirked to himself. It was almost too easy, everything happening was giving him more and more back story.

"Not to worry my friend, Lady Takamori will be perfectly fine. Though I do think I would be scolded if I did not bring back some of Edo's famous candies for her..."

Hatachi had had enough.

"Why are we really here?"

Kenchi nodded in satisfaction, Hatachi had finally been pushed to his mental breaking point, now he was thinking for himself.

"Lady Takamori is perfectly healthy. Her being ill is nothing more than a cover story for us to be here. We are under the pretense of looking for a doctor. When in reality we are researching our enemy."

Hatachi looked at the arsenal before him and nodded. Now no longer under the illusion that Kenchi was defenseless.

"You mean the Kato clan. What do you plan to do with research? We are but two men."

This brought a genuine chuckle from Kenchi.

"With the right information, two men could fell an army. Think about it Hatachi. If you know your enemy better than he does, it is almost simple work in catching them off guard and ending them quickly. The right information makes a blade sink hilt deep in the soft spots that your enemy thinks are covered by armor."

?You're a Ninja aren't you??

?I am only what I appear to be... and we will leave it at that.?

The entirety of the day passed without issue, both men went out into the town to ?research? any other possible routes for a physician. The duo found no more luck than Hatachi had earlier. Night came and the pair found themselves in the hotel room, receiving dinner. Kenchi noticed something slightly out of place with his meal arrangements. He pulled the corner cloth away from the meal and turned it over. Sure enough there was a message written in code on the back.

It told him of Kagura Kato's daily schedule and that she would be at her gambling den this evening. It spoke of her personality as being vain and shallow. A

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

As Haruki released his solar flare, he felt the power flow back into his body. He did notice that by the minute he was beginning to lose touch with the feeling that he'd drawn the power from. Something was happening, it wasn't leaving him so much as diminishing.

"Yes!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed, raising his hands and jumping up and down.

His new friend's enthusiasm made Haruki smile as well. He'd never even thought about trying something like this, but for some reason the aura of confidence and experience that Ryuunosuke exuded made him believe that anything was possible. He did notice, however, that his light show had not gone unnoticed. They were out of the way, sure, but they were still in public. Glares of both anger and astonishment were beginning to draw attention to themselves. A crowd would form soon if they didn't leave. Ryuunosuke might as well have read Haruki's mind as he suggested they leave for more...empty locales.

Haruki followed Ryuunosuke deeper into the forest, noticing that the feeling continued to dim the later and darker the region became. Stopping by a stream to drink, Ryuunosuke stated, "Nice horse, by the way. I've never rode one before."

Haruki thanked his friend for the compliment. "I've had Kagatsuchi for quite some time now. He's been faithful to me and aided me many times in my travels." he said as he patted the side of the drinking horse. Looking to the sky, Haruki noticed that it was now completely dark, night have fallen and, as such, the feeling of power he'd had was nearly gone to his perception.

This was not the case for Ryuunosuke, though, who seemed to grab the light from the moon, gathering it in his hand before he said Moonshot and released the powerful blast down the river. Haruki gazed in wonder as the forest lit up as the beam shot forth. It was far more powerful than his Solar Flare had been.

"Come have a seat, I'm going to teach you something I learned." He crossed his legs and laid his hands on opposing knees. "I'm not sure how it works, but you know how you gain strength from the Sun, and me from the Moon? Well, I do this every day because even when the Moon isn't up, I can draw power from it wherever it is." Ryuunosuke closed his eyes and began to shine. "Do this and then try your Solar Flare again."

Haruki immediately recognized the lotus position. As a studier of both shinto and buddhism, he recognized it quite well. Trusting the knowledge of the Moon, Haruki entered the position and began to focus on the dim power he could still feel. As he focused, he began to see the sky or an outline of the sky. He followed the path of the moon in a curve until he found the Sun. As the light of the sun hit his mind, he began to fill the heat grow inside him. The power that he'd drawn upon began to grow stronger until he opened his eyes and noticed he too was glowing like Ryuunosuke. Focusing this feeling into this right arm, his solar flare activated upon his hand. As the air around his palm melted under the heat of the shifting plasma, he arced it over his head and into other palm where he released it into the water. He did not wish to start any fires on this night. But Ryuunosuke was correct, even now he could find the sun just by envisioning its placement.

"Amazing." he stated simply, the sound of his voice echoing his sentiment.

TAG: Blu

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Dumpling Shop, Nagasaki

Tatsuya sat and politely entertained the stories of the other two, never breaking eye contact, never speaking, merely helping himself to the occasional dumpling. So he was rather surprised by Haku's sudden outburst, and he blinked a few times in sudden surprise. Ran began to laugh, and Tatsuya couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Haku's extreme seriousness before he, too, laughed aloud, in a hearty belly laugh.

"Tatsuya-sama? I never thought I would hear that one!" He laughed some more. "Very well, Haku-san, I shall teach you, though I admit I have never had a student of my own before. In any case, lesson one: Please refer to me as Tatsuya-san or simply Tatsuya." He chuckled a few more times before allowing himself another dumpling. "In all seriousness, we shall commence your formal education tomorrow. For now, we'll dine on this dumpling dinner you have so graciously provided, my pupil." He put a faux air of condescension on the last phrase, in a mocking imitation of his own instructor. He was, of course, serious about training Haku - but that could wait for tomorrow.

TAG: Blu

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    UPDATION!!:cool: We are done with the prologue everyone, let the games begin![face_peace] Radiance, I'm a follower of Fin's policy that if a NPC is named in the post, then they cannot be killed by regular means. So expect a 2-3 post battle ensuing![face_laugh] :_|

Episode I: Awakening of Birds

Shimabara, Nagasaki

The vision of Kenji grew blurred, then it went red. Reno thought it was an illusion, but it was actually his blood running into his eyes. He growled and roared as the winds began tearing at him and Ryukotsusei, devouring them with their gusts combined with Kenji's mighty energy. Ryukotsusei roared, shaking the world, then disappeared while Reno fell to the ground. His body impacted the ground without hesitation, a crater forming that held his battered and broken body.

He gripped his fist. This kid was not to be this strong right now, but he had made a mistake of underestimating his opponent. A rookie mistake. Something he did not plan on doing again. He looked up at the victor and smirked. "Eh...I guess you win. Today." Dark energy began bubbling up from under him, quickly consuming his body. It swelled around his neck, his arrogant face the last to disappear. His body was gone, but his voice still lingered.

"Yes, but just for today. We will finish this next time, on my turf."

Then, he was gone.

Then, everything was gone.

-----

Amaya felt her brother's body become instantly soaking wet and she felt him take a deep breath as he awoke. He was heavy. Heavier than a man of Kenji's size should be. The door opened and the man Amaya had met, the older Cloud of Spirits, hobbled into the room.

"Lay him down, his body will need to rest." He helped lay Kenji on his back and opened his shirt. "Watch closely, Amaya." He showed her his wrinkled palms before pressing them together and rubbing them slowly. A golden light, reminiscent of the light that Amaya's arrow had taken in her battle with the Shadow creature, resonated from his hands and low hum accompanied it. Placing his hands on Kenji's chest, Amaya could sense, no, feel the energy entering her brother's body. He stopped sweating and his breathing returned to normal, his skin even grew healthier. The Cloud of Spirits smiled, but he seemed tired and older.

"I will teach you how to do this, for your brother will need you in the future, as you will need him. There is a man out there, known as Sunhead, who is hunting you and others like you. He..." He stopped, looking at Amaya and her brother. Tonight had already been too much for them. This could wait, or at least he hoped it could. He waved a soft hand. "We can discuss this in the morning. The night has been hard on you."

He left the room, eliminating all but one candle as he exited. No doubt, Amaya would want to stay with her brother.

-------------
    Lord's District, Edo

Master Shino Kato stared fiercely at the masked faces of his Ninja. The Takamori clan had struck tonight. They had killed his sister. And they would pay. Shino Kato was known through the land as being a stern, intimidating, but controlled man. Tonight, he was not controlled.

He stood there in his lavender robes in silence, his long black hair hiding his scarred face, but no one dare speak. "What have you to report?" His sharp voice cut the air.

A man, Yosuke Yamato, leader of the Yamato Ninja Clan, stepped forward. He was young, very young, but commanded respect despite his small stature. "The Takamori Clan have sent Kenchi Hasagara, lord of the Hasagara Ninja, into Edo. He and his bodyguard were seen leaving the fire. We have located where he is stating and will strike at your command, my lord." Yosuke stepped back.

Shino barked. "Bring me his head, Yosuke!"

-----

Kenchi Hasagara was a threat. A threat of unparalleled danger. But Yosuke served his Lord and his Lord's enemies would pay. He would not be taki

7. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

As they had left the burning gambling hut, Kenchi had walked leisurely down the street towards the hotel with Hatachi. Not a word had passed between them until they had gotten half way back.

Kenchi looked over at his guard with a thoughtful expression.

?Hatachi? would you be so kind as to stop by the stables and bring me a bale of hay??

?Hay, my Lord??

Kenchi nodded but said nothing else as he turned down the side street that led to the hotel.

Hatachi blinked a few moments before continuing onto the stables to fulfill his Master?s Will.

Hours later found Hatachi and Kenchi back at the hotel. Kenchi prepared his bedding and out of respect for his friend, and his valued hard work, helped Hatachi do the same. It was very late when both men finally put out the candles and settled in. It was extremely dark that night, the moon was being covered by clouds so there was no natural moonlight.

At 3am, the attack came.

A Ninja stepped out from the most shadowed corner of the hotel room and approached Hatachi while he slept. The Ninja?s blade was drawn back and ready to end the Samurai. But the Ninja stopped suddenly as he felt something against his face, something very thin but taught.

Kenchi pulled his wire and the trap was sprung. The fastening devices that he had earlier placed along the walls snapped and the strengthened wire that was positioned around the room immediately began to reel back in to it?s source via various pulley systems rigged around the walls. As the wire became taught, it tightened around the Ninja?s neck would pull him to the ceiling, if he didn?t do something in a split second.

It was in the same instant that the tiny balls rolled into the room and engulfed Kenchi?s bedroll in flame.

When the balls popped and the fire rolled out, the Ninjas stepped into the room to finish the job. They didn?t see that their fire was now highlighting a figure in the corner of the ceiling behind them. Their Kunai landed true in the bed roll, but they found it eerie that the man under it didn?t move. One of the Ninja extended his blade and pulled the bedroll aside.

?It?s a trap! He?s not here! It?s hay!?

Kenchi?s black form dropped from the corner he had been suspended in, right next to the balcony entrance. Two kunai knives were dug deep into the wall where his feet had been. He was dressed in his midnight black Ninja outfit the cloth mask concealing everything below his eyes. His hair was tied up in a splayed out top-knot pony-tail.

Kenchi had his head down as his right hand reached behind him to slowly unsheathe the silvery Ninjato blade from his lower back. It was gleaming in the fire, almost to the point where it seemed the steel glowed with it?s own aura. Kenchi took the moment of distraction to flick his left hand around from behind his back. His left hand had two kunai knives tucked between his knuckles, he flung both knives at separate targets of the four men before him.

He didn?t wait to see if they landed.

He flourished his Ninjato around his wrist and began walking forward with purpose towards the Yamato Ninja in front of him.

Across the way a cold blade pressed itself against Yosuke?s throat, and a silky female voice came from behind the man.

?You are six and a half inches to the left of where he said you would be?..?

Two hands suddenly gripped the edge of the roof in front of Yosuke and another man garbed in black swung up to the roof. As soon as his feet landed he spun and ran towards the two, his own long sword drawn. A male voice came from the mask that covered all except his eyes.

?You sir? are going to tell me everything I want to know about Shino Kato??

tag Blu

8. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    ****amachi, Edo

The retaliation had been expected, but was done faster. The assassin sent for Hatachi was now hanging from the ceiling, making the other ninja immediately think "When?" But they did not dwell on the subject and instead prepared for combat. Skylark was hit with a kunai in the stomach and fell backwards, while Bat's attack hit him in the face. Hawk rolled forward and his metal gloves flickered in the fire as he punched the ninjato blade away from him while his left hand slammed into Kenchi's thigh. It was the kind of punch that would cripple a normal man.

It was around this time that Hatachi woke up, coughing and shocked that there was a dead body hanging over him. However, he was a samurai, not a common man, and quickly grasped the situation. They were being attacked, that was most obvious, but the less obvious problem was that they needed to leave for it was becoming hot, dangerous, and hard to breath. The fire was spreading, but that did not seem to stop Dove from hitting Hatachi in the arm with a kunai and then aiming his ninjato down to impale him. Hatachi drew his sword from under him, knocking the blade away, and stood in defensive stance as Dove continued the onslaught.

-----

Away on the rooftop, Yosuke was surprised, and disgusted, by the fact that he had let the agent get so close to him. He could not blame it on his age, for he was still young and his relfexes and senses should have picked up on her approaching. A testament to how trained these operatives were. However, this was his city and his spies had noticed two figures following Kagura Kato throughout the day. No doubt, Kenchi Hasagara's agents.

Yosuke spoke. "Are you Blade..." The man charging suddenly fell through the roof and down onto the ground, which was littered with makibishi. Two ninja stood around him in case he would rise, but upon seeing his wounds, merely waited until he died.

"Or Shadow?"

On the rooftop, Agent Shadow felt her body lose feeling and control as she slumped against Yosuke. Yosuke grabbed her wrist and her body and laid her down. "You are now paralyzed." The fukiya that had shot her several times in the neck was lowered and the man walked up behind Yosuke. "Lord Hasagara should teach you not to act so impulsively. This is my city, I have eyes everywhere and am never alone. Remember this." Yosuke began speaking to the man behind him. "Place the other in the hotel and we'll say he started the fire. Hasagara will escape, but leave the body as a reminder of what he has started here." The man indicated Shadow.

"We're taking her back to the castle."

Tag: Radiance

9. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

Kenchi?s blade was knocked away and the gauntlet came down with enough force to shatter his bone if he didn?t do anything about it.

Hasagara collapsed his knee so that the shock didn?t have full impact. It most definitely hurt, and would leave a rather large welt, but it wasn?t permanent. As he went to his knees, Kenchi drew one of his knives with his free hand in a fluid motion and jabbed it straight up into the mans neck.

Hatachi, being already wounded, was able to fend off his attacker but that was about it. His attacks would never be strong enough to kill the man. Now that Kenchi had his balance back, he stabbed his Ninjato down into the flaming bed roll and tossed it at the back of the Ninja attacking Hatachi. Hatachi took advantage of the distraction to impale the man.

Kenchi made sure no one was getting up again before he looked over to where Shadow and Blade were supposed to intercept the enemy commander.

He saw nothing but a collapsed hole in the roof where it looked like a trap had been laid. There was no sign of his subordinates. Hatachi hurried over and helped Kenchi to his feet. The fire was causing the structure to weaken. They didn?t have much time.

?My Lord! We have to leave!?

Kenchi threw a rope down from the balcony and made Hatachi go first.

?Lord Hasagara! Hurry!?

Kenchi looked back at the burning building behind him, then leapt up onto the railing and executed a perfect corkscrew flip down to the ground, landing without a sound. Proving to himself that a little thump to his leg wasn?t going to slow him down from what he had to do next.

Hatachi gathered the packs that Kenchi had hidden before hand, and met up with his Master a short distance from the Hotel. People were already scrambling with buckets of water to put the fire out. Kenchi took his pack and strapped on a belt with several pouches on it.

Hatachi was standing furthest away from the burning building, Kenchi was close to it with his back against it?s outline.

When he looked up, Hatachi nearly took a step back. Kenchi Hasagara?s eyes looked as though he were a demon. Narrow and severe against the ninja mask that covered his features. With the fire behind him, it looked like Kenchi Hasagara had clawed his way out of the depths of Hell itself. When his voice came, it was much different than Hatachi had ever heard before. It was deep, and bitter, grizzled even. Not it?s normal light, airy and charismatic tone.

?Get your arm tended to, help put the fire out, and remove anything that would implicate us for the blaze. Then return home.?

Hatachi stared at him as he began to walk away.

?Lord Kenchi, where are you going?!?

He didn?t see Kenchi?s eyes as he spoke.

??.going to get my subordinate back?.?

Kenchi Hasagara, the inherent leader of the Hasagara Ninja clan, was younger than most in his position. But he was three times as fast, and equally as deadly?

And now?

Kenchi was angry.

Tag blu

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

Kenji watches as the strange man and the dragon felt his and his dragons rage. The winds howled in fury as it tore at the both of them, and the other dragon dissapeared, leaving the man to fall to the ground.
    His body impacted the ground without hesitation, a crater forming that held his battered and broken body.

The stranger looked up at Kenji and smirked. "Eh...I guess you win. Today." Dark energy began bubbling up from under him, quickly consuming his body. It swelled around his neck, his arrogant face the last to disappear. His body was gone, but his voice still lingered.

"Yes, but just for today. We will finish this next time, on my turf."

His turf? What, or perhaps where could that be? But he would get no response, the man was gone.

Then, everything was gone.

-----

Amaya felt her brother's body become instantly soaking wet and she felt him take a deep breath as he awoke. He was heavy. Heavier than a man of Kenji's size should be.

"Brother!" She sat up, holding him, when the door opened and the man Amaya had met, the older Cloud of Spirits, hobbled into the room.

"Lay him down, his body will need to rest." Amaya nodded, as she moved to lay her brother down across the bed. He helped lay Kenji on his back and opened his shirt. "Watch closely, Amaya." He showed her his wrinkled palms before pressing them together and rubbing them slowly.

Amaya's eyes widened as a golden light, reminiscent of the light that Amaya's arrow had taken in her battle with the Shadow creature, resonated from his hands and low hum accompanied it. Her gaze was now intense as she watched the man place his hands on Kenji's chest, Amaya could sense, no, she could feel the energy entering her brother's body. He stopped sweating and his breathing returned to normal, his skin even grew healthier.

She looked up at the old man, and smiled. The Cloud of Spirits smiled, but he seemed tired and older.

"I will teach you how to do this, for your brother will need you in the future, as you will need him. There is a man out there, known as Sunhead, who is hunting you and others like you. He..." He stopped, looking at Amaya and her brother.

Why had he stopped? Amaya came to a standing position. Was the man alright? Was there danger? Why was this .. this Sunhead trying to kill her. Wait..he said and OTHERS like her? Had the woman/fish mentioned others? She looked over at him.

He waved a soft hand. "We can discuss this in the morning. The night has been hard on you." She nodded as she watched him leave the room, eliminating all but one candle as he exited. Amaya looked out after the older Cloud spirit.

"Thank you.." she said softly. She then returned to her brother, resting her head on his chest for a moment, listening to his breathing. Yes, he seemed much better now. She checked his chest, and saw that the earlier wound was now gone. She looked at her hands. She would be able to do this too?

She sat, next to Kenji. "Sleep well brother. I shall guard you this night." she told him gently. She then looked at her hands. She remembered the feeling she felt when the man had generated the energy. She slowly pressed her hands together, and then began to rub them slowly together, trying to duplicate the light she had seen him generate.

She heard Kenji call her name softly in his sleep, and she reached over and kissed his forehead, while she continued to see if she could generate the light on her won.

Sleep would not be hers this night. Within so few hours, she had learned much. The she and her brother had some sort of power, and that someone else either wanted it... or wanted them dead because of it. And after seeing the older Cloud spirit work his magic, it was apparent that the realm of dreams was not the only place her powers worked. There would be much to learn, and very little time to learn it.

Amaya continued to practice.

----
    Kenji awoke, to find Amaya huddled close to him. She saw his eyes flutter. "Go back t

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

THUNK!

THUNK!

"Eh...?"

THUNK!

"Now, who could be making such a racket this early in the morning...?" Tatsuya wondered aloud, sitting upright on his futon. He scratched his beard in THUNK! contemplation before the solution dawned upon him. He laughed slightly at the THUNK! thought of it.

Sure enough, the mysterious THUNK!s had been the protect of Haku's over enthusiasm to commence with his training. "Well, it is nicely cut firewood," Tatsuya offered in conciliation after Ren had given the younger samurai a thorough retaliatory beating. Tatsuya had followed with an explanation on the principles of the Iaido school. Strength was not the focus, rather, it was speed and accuracy, skills which stationary logs could not teach. Trust your blade to make the cut for you, as you trust yourself to aim true.

This impromptu lecture had been delivered en route to a river, whereupon they saw a curious sight. One man was attacking another who was apparently still asleep. To the casual eye. Haku inquired as to whether or not they should intervene. Ren simply stood triumphantly. Why, Tatsuya wondered, were the cute ones always the ones up to something?

"Your eyes deceive you, Haku-san, that man is not as defenseless as he might seem. And don't call me sama." He scratched slightly at his beard. "Not to mention the maneuvering is all wrong. This is no murder. Pay close attention, you may learn something."

TAG: Blu, Bassil

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

As the morning sun's first rays of life giving light hit Haruki's body, he began to grow energized. Energy seemed to flow into him like it had never done so before. Even before the light and heat gradually told his physical receptors that morning had arrived, his body was more alive than it had ever been. Not even opening his eyes, Haruki absorbed the feeling as he began to stir. He felt as if he could conquer the world, it was the same kind of feeling he'd experienced as a child, when his growing body had forced him to have more energy than he knew what to do with. It was exhilarating and made him feel immortal. His hand moved towards his jumonji-yari, by his side, as he gradually opened his eyes. Even if he didn't have complete focus, it never hurt to be prepared. Noting no sense of danger, he turned his head. Ryuunosuke was bathing. While the nudity didn't bother Haruki, feudal life was filled with communal baths and hot springs after all, the openness and seeming disregard for safety annoyed him. What if they were attacked at this moment?

At the sight of Haruki waking, he screamed and waved. "Oy, Haruki! Hai, hai, bout time you woke up! We got some training to do before Ren gets here!"

Pulling his pants on and grabbing his katana, Ryuunosuke charged at Haruki and did not show any signs of slowing down.

So he wanted to spar, eh? Haruki could use the morning excercise. Still on his back, Haruki grabbed his pole arms as he watched Ryuunosuke charging at him. This would be simple to evade, and truly was just an opening shot. With a quick kick, Haruki flipped backwards onto his feet. Pulling up one jumonji-yari to catch the Ryuunosuke's blade, he began thrusting with the other to counter attack.

TAG: Blu, Ramza

13. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

Kenchi had finally reached the castle. He had had to go slowly to make sure no one followed him. Hatachi of all people.

It was in the waning hours of the morning when he had gotten there. The sun would not rise for a couple of hours yet. He had time to work without being harassed.

Kenchi had scaled a tall building in order to see over the wall surrounding the castle itself. There were many guards at the entrances, but they weren?t what concerned Kenchi. They weren?t an issue at all. It was the rival Ninja clan that defended the place that he had to look out for. They had gotten the drop on Ranmaru and Taka. Kenchi had been foolish to send them after the leader without him being there.

But what was done was done, Kenchi wasn?t one to dwell on mistakes.

The castle itself was better described as a fortress. Parts of it anyway. The Castle portion was in the center of a large square of military barracks and buildings surrounding the castle on all sides. Every entrance was guarded by no less than two men. The conventional entrances anyway. Kenchi looked menacingly at the Castle itself. If he had more men? or if he got lucky? he would be able to end the entire feud tonight. But he was here to kill a certain someone. And that certain someone was not the head of the family that was no doubt sleeping soundly in his soft bed at this point.

Kenchi scouted the buildings quickly. His plan was difficult because it would take some time. But he could do it if he stayed cautious. He slid down from the roof and began preparing his gear. When he was finally ready, Kenchi slipped on some kind of flexible ring that fit snugly around his thumb and index finger. He hoped he didn?t have to use it.. but he wasn?t taking any chances tonight. He had to kill a well protected military advisor, and rescue someone who would most likely be injured or already dead.

He snuck along the wall of the outer perimeter. The wall was simply to high to scale on foot and he didn?t know if there were guards on the other side so he didn?t chance using his grappling hook. As he looked to his right, he noticed that the main wall joined with the outer wall of the larger city, creating a joint cross section. Kenchi sprinted silently to it, then gave a short hop right at the last moment. He kicked off of the wall and spun around quickly to grab onto the lip of the wall and slipped up quietly. The Ninja?s eyes flicked around quickly, making sure that there were no one to see him. He dropped down noiselessly, holding a single hand on his sheathed sword for both the reasons of making sure it didn?t clatter, and for balance.

So he had breached the perimeter. The easy part was over.

He had to find his operative first. He had to assume that it was Taka, due to the positioning of the hole in the roof and the instructions he had left his ninja. She had to be in a well guarded area, due to her skills. And they probably wouldn?t be normal soldiers.

Kenchi moved quietly around the walls, watching for roaming guards and remembering the position of possible hide points if he needed to get to them. He had to breach the military ward itself. All of the buildings were interconnected. He would find both of his targets in them somewhere.

Hasagara saw a guard coming by him, the man looked tired and at ease. That would be his last mistake.

Kenchi came up behind him and bent one arm behind him as he covered the mans mouth with his other. He dragged the guard back into the shadows and behind a thick bunching of bushes. Kenchi brought him to the ground and put his weight on the mans back as he reached for his nearly invisible tension cord. He quickly wrapped it around the mans neck and pulled it tight, shutting up the mans muffled cries of outrage and replacing them with whimpers. Kenchi leaned down to the mans ear and whispered to him.

?You are going to tell me? very quietly?. Where they are keeping the person they brought in about twenty minutes ago. If you try to call for help, I will kill you? if you try to double cross me?

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    UPDATION!! Okay, Ktala, once you make your decision, it is up to you what happens after that. If Kenchi decides to leave, feel free to detail his journey, preparations to leave, etc. This is your adventure.;) And Radiance, Yosuke is not a killable character, so unleash fury accordingly.:p

Shimabara, Nagasaki

The night had been hard. The morning, ironically, would only bring healing to the twins. As the Old Cloud made his way to their room, he discovered that they were both asleep, which he had expected. He remembered when he and his twin had had their first dreams, only they had never been attacked in their dreams. It took alot of energy out of the twins then it did any other of the Generation because the Cloud Twins' powers were, mainly, mental powers. Control had to be trained, or one could kill themselves in their sleep.

Softly, he whispered to them, only in a language that the Clouds knew. They would have thought it was their own secret language, but, in truth, every Cloud Twin spoke a language that only, and only, the Clouds spoke and understood. They awoke, but not startled, but peaceful and rested. He smiled at them a kind old man smile. "I have food." He laid it in front of them and watched them eat, telling them the truth of everything he knew.

"You are apart of a select few of your Generation that possess powers of the Gods. There are 8 of your kind. The Sun, Moon, Earth, Sky, Star, Ocean, and then the Cloud Twins, which are you. I am from an older generation, but even I am not as old as Sunhead. The Sunhead is the Sun of the second Generation, the First Generation were the most powerful and ruled over all the lands. The Second Generation were seen as the beginning of a passing of the torch, down from one generation to the next. Sunhead was jealous, though. He did not seek to rule with his brothers and sisters and instead wanted the world for himself. He murdered all of them, gaining immense power in the process. Power...so great, that he tried to Challenge the First Generation. An epic and terrifying battle ensued, but the Sunhead was defeated, though at the cost of the First Generation's lives."

"He has returned now, but his power is waning and he is sick. But still strong enough to destroy your Generation given the chance. Which is why I want you to stay here long enough for me to teach Amaya how to control her powers, because you will need them in the days to come. Kenji, I cannot teach you, you are not the same as me. Your powers lie in dreams where Amaya's and mine lie in the Spirits. My brother, the Cloud of Dreams...is the man that tried to kill you last night. He has become corrupted by the dark beasts that the Kurai Samurai worship. However, there is someone else who can help you. A monk, a shaolin, that lives in a village by the ocean. Only, I do not want to separate you because, as you have come to realize, you are stronger when you are together and weaker when you are apart. I would watch over your sister, but you would alone.?

The Old Cloud sipped at his hot tea, awaiting their decision. Dark days were coming and the Twins would have to be ready. But were they willing to separate themselves to save a Generation of people they did not even know?

-----
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

Haruki's yari was coming fast. Ryuunosuke grew wide-eyed before kicking the pole of the weapon away from him and retreating. "Haruki, you almost got me. How d-" But he stopped as he saw Ren coming out of the Forest with two men and with all his heart, Ryuunosuke knew that one of them was the Sky. Tatsuya would feel two presences with a sense that he did not know that he had. Ryuunosuke was a large shining beacon in the night, but Haruki was the entire Sun, an all powerful instance of detection. Something that could not be ignored even if Tatsuya had tried.

The Sun, Moon, and Sky held a special connection and immediately they could fe

15. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

The one problem with making your own weapons, was that sometimes they didn?t work completely as you had designed them for. Kenchi had only field tested his mines once and they had worked at the time. But when they exploded this time, the needles failed to release.

Kenchi knew that Yosuke would have guards. But he didn?t expect that many. His underestimation was continuing to cost him. This was obviously apparent when Kenchi received a ninja boot to the chest that sent him across the room. Before even he could react, he received a slash across his left arm from a Shuriken.

?Hasagara Kenchi, I am never alone??

Kenchi watched as Taka was carried out, along with the screaming Shino out of the room.

Only he and Yosuke remained. Even with his hurt leg and slashed arm. Kenchi was somehow able to pull himself together to meet Yosuke head on. They both crossed the distance between each other at high speed. A feral growl escaping the young Ninja Masters lips.

?YosssuuKEEEEEE!!!!?

Kenchi met speed with speed, slashing with his Ninjato and meeting nothing but Yosuke?s kunai each time. After he received his first two slashes directly on his cheek and forehead, Kenchi realized that his Ninjato just wasn?t going to cut it this time. He did a back hand spring to get away just long enough to sheath his short sword and rip his own kunai straight down from under his gauntlets, then re-engaged Yosuke once more.

They were on better footing now as both combatants were trading blows left and right, the clang of steel against steel ringing even over the fire around them. Kenchi was hurting though. His leg was screaming at him with every movement he made. But the pain only drove him further. He knew that the longer he drew out this battle, the further Taka would get away from him. He couldn?t let that happen. But Kenchi was no fool. He knew that in his current condition, going toe to toe with Yosuke was going to get him killed.

Kenchi finally broke Yosuke?s defense and parried both knives wide. He knew he couldn?t kick the man or he would end up on the ground himself writhing in pain, but his other leg was still fine. Kenchi made a short hop and thrust his weight backwards, dragging his good foot straight up into Yosuke?s chin. Kenchi landed and darted for the door. They were close and he was counting on Yosuke to follow him after being struck.

Kenchi flung his right arm behind him and let go of his kunai, letting it soar at Yosuke. With the same hand, he pulled out a couple of smoke pellets and threw them straight at the ground. The smoke exploded immediately and plunged them both into haze. Kenchi was leaping at the door, grabbing the side of it and propelling himself away from the makibishi spikes he had laid out. He landed just outside of the field he put down. Again, his right hand reached to his side into the pouch that he had kept the spikes in. His index and thumb moved around, letting the powder coat his fingers.

Hasagara waited for exactly 1.5 seconds before flinging his hand out in front of him, when it had reached the apex of the arc, Kenchi snapped his thumb and index finger together. The powder was actually gunpowder, in small quantities it would burn. In large quantities.. it would explode. The rings Kenchi wore on his fingers had tiny bits of flint on them, rubbing them together would create sparks.

As he snapped his fingers, the sparks flew, coupled with the powder on his fingers. The sparks ignited and became fire, that fire soared out in front of him as he took a mighty breath and blew a stream of flame towards the field of gunpowder covered makibishi spikes.

The resulting explosion rocked the ground and tore a bigger hole through the front of the building. The guards standing there had already been dead from suffocation entire minutes before, they lucked out in all honesty.

Kenchi didn?t stay to see of Yosuke was in the fire or not. He took off at a fast hobble to the nearest stable. There happened to be one horse saddled up and ready to go. Kenchi swu

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

Amaya woke up to someone whispering to her. But she understood the words. It was in the language that she and Kenji spoke.

'Kenji!'

She opened her eyes, and saw that he was laying next to her, his own eyes opening. The old man from last night, the older Clound was there. They felt much better than they had eariler. Amaya smiled, thought she was curious. How did the old man know their language? Kenji's looked over at his sister, with a hint of a smile.

The older cloud smiled at them, a kind old man smile. "I have food." He laid it in front of them and watched them eat, telling them the truth of everything he knew. She helped Kenji to sit up, and they began to eat, as they listened to the old man, trying to piece together the truth.

"You are apart of a select few of your Generation that possess powers of the Gods. There are 8 of your kind. The Sun, Moon, Earth, Sky, Star, Ocean, and then the Cloud Twins, which are you. I am from an older generation, but even I am not as old as Sunhead. The Sunhead is the Sun of the second Generation, the First Generation were the most powerful and ruled over all the lands. The Second Generation were seen as the beginning of a passing of the torch, down from one generation to the next. Sunhead was jealous, though. He did not seek to rule with his brothers and sisters and instead wanted the world for himself. He murdered all of them, gaining immense power in the process. Power...so great, that he tried to Challenge the First Generation. An epic and terrifying battle ensued, but the Sunhead was defeated, though at the cost of the First Generation's lives."

Amaya looked over at Kenji, dismayed. She wondered what generation THEY were. So this sunhead person is sick and now after them. All this death... for power. Not like they asked for it. She turned to listen to the old man. She wondered how he managed to stay alive. Kenji nodded slowly. This was what he had been told in his dream. The twins listened.

"He has returned now, but his power is waning and he is sick. But still strong enough to destroy your Generation given the chance. Which is why I want you to stay here long enough for me to teach Amaya how to control her powers, because you will need them in the days to come. Kenji, I cannot teach you, you are not the same as me. Your powers lie in dreams where Amaya's and mine lie in the Spirits." The old man paused.

"My brother, the Cloud of Dreams...is the man that tried to kill you last night. He has become corrupted by the dark beasts that the Kurai Samurai worship. However, there is someone else who can help you. A monk, a shaolin, that lives in a village by the ocean. Only, I do not want to separate you because, as you have come to realize, you are stronger when you are together and weaker when you are apart. I would watch over your sister, but you would be alone.? The Old Cloud grew silent as he sipped at his hot tea.

Oh, how awful! To lose a twin is one thing.. but to have him twisted and turned against you. That must truly be a most horrible thing. And he risked himself to help them.
    Amaya turned at looked at her brother. His eyes had grown dark, as he ate slowly. Her own eyes echoed a dark grey color to them, as she waited for him to comment. He then turned to Amaya.

"What did you see, Amaya?"

So Amaya told him of the man who tried to attack her, and the being Chiyo, that came to her aid, and told her what she was capable of doing. Kenji slowly mulled that over, and then he told Amaya his dream. Of the Dragon Ryujin, and the man he was fighting. And he told him of the message.. that he needed to be ready when the time came to face him. Go to Kyoto. No matter what gets in your way, go to Kyoto and find this person. Both Amaya and Kenji looked to each other for a moment, before Amaya spoke up once more. "Ryujin didnt say go immediately. Perhaps there is time for me to get a little training before we go. For I think I already know your answer to the other...."

Kenji sm

17. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet

Name: Daisuke Fudo
    Appearance: [image=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/ryukotsu-sholeh/Rp%20Characters/Anime_Warrior_by_chaotixwolf.jpg]
    Equipment:
    - Traveling kit (with all things necessary without it being too much)
    - Some rope (strapped to his waist for quick use)
    - Water skin
    - A Wolf?s Fang he carries on a golden necklace (its around his neck, but hidden under his scarf)
    Weapons:
    - Sakabato (Reversed-blade sword) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Taezh4ULlfw/SQ6nyHF8fjI/AAAAAAAAAYk/i7H0rDn-vbU/s400/Rurouni+Kenshin+Reverse+Blade+Sword+Replica+(Sakabato)+SwordDemon1.jpg
    - Tanto (a knife strapped to a pouch on his right thigh) http://mel.icious.net/i/tanto.jpg
    - Twin swords (dual swords push together to form an innocent looking stick, with each serving as the scabbard for the other; it?s on the back of his belt) http://www.kopes.com/swords/unusual/twin-swords.htm
    Bio: Daisuke?s life was not a happy one. His parents were both killed when their small village was set on fire by some rogues. They had killed all the men and kept the women and children as slaves to be sold. One night while the bandits went to terrorize the next village, Daisuke tried to escape along with the other children. However they were quickly hunted down and those who were found were killed for trying to escape. Daisuke watched, while he was hiding, as they killed kids who were older and younger than him without mercy, that memory would forever be scarred in his mind. He was found and while he begged them not to kill him, they started beating him up until he was a bloody mess. Just when they were about to kill him, he was saved by a man with a sword who instantly made quick work of the bandits rescuing him. Daisuke was 10 years old.

The man took him in standing as a father figure for Daisuke. He was a carpenter, and honest man who valued life trying to pass down his good teachings to him so Daisuke would become a better person. He was actually a successor to an ancient sword art known as Hiten Mitsurugi-ryu, he started to teach Daisuke the sword art in hopes that he would use it as a way to protect people. After 8 years, Daisuke decided to leave in hopes of finding his own path seeing as the life of a simple carpenter wasn?t enough for him. The man who took him in was disappointed, but he let him go telling him that maybe it would be good for him to see the world. Eventually Daisuke became an assassin for hired going around killing people as a way to earn money and respect. After 4 years of being an assassin he was given a task that would earn him more money than he ever had before, but at a price higher than he ever realized. He was told to attack a village full of bandits with the help of a small army. Daisuke suddenly remembered how his village was attacked by bandits and was inspired to do whatever it took so that no one else would go through what he went through. He entered the village along with his small army and started killing everyone in sight both men and women including the children so there would be no chance that they could grow up to be bandits. Once he was done he burned the village as a final act of his revenge on the bandits from his past. However he later found out that there were no bandits, it was all a trick to frame him. Soon there was a bounty on his head for the mass killing of a whole innocent village. Daisuke was devastated, he had become what he hated, he became a monster. He was hunted down by various assassins, but none could kill him and he always ended up killing in order to survive, too much of a coward to accept death. Now he has spend the last 3 years as a wandering samurai carrying his sakabato no longer an assassin, but still haunted by the memories of the people he had killed and each night is a constant reminder that he?s a monster.

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the extreme delay...

Kikuchiyo
    Edo

As he wiped down his blade and slipped it back in the recovered sheath, Kikuchiyo listened inattentively to the old man. When he was done, he nodded, "Yeah, yeah, whatever Methuselah. C'mon kid. I'm getting paid double for this..."

But even as he walked away, the swordsman thought.

Where you come from...

That was a tempting little tidbit of information, to be sure. Maybe misinformation, or even disinformation, but that didn't change the temptation.

So as he walked off, he resolved to make a stop that night.

Just to be sure the old man wasn't full of it.

Not that he was curious or anything. Really.

He just had nothing else to do.

Tag: Blu

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

Haruki pushed forward, trusting Ryuunosuke to get out of his attack somehow and his new friend did not disappoint as he kicked the yari out of the way and moved back. "Haruki, you almost got me. How d-" But he stopped. Haruki followed Ryuunosuke's eyes, seeing two men and a woman stepping into the area. Haruki couldn't explain it, but something about one of them seemed familiar, sort of like the feeling he had when he'd first met Ryuunosuke.

Haruki could see the joy on his new friend's face as the three newcomers made their way closer. Haruki wondered if this feeling meant they had met another of their kind. Suddenly, Ryuunosuke grabbed his stomach as some feeling overwhelmed him. The closer the three came, the more Haruki felt a strange sensation himself. It was nowhere near as pronounced as what Ryuunosuke was feeling, however. Ryuunosuke asked. "Did...Haruki, did you feel that? Sky, what about you?" Ren and Haku did not understand and they probably never would.

Haruki nodded, it hadn't been nearly as strong an effect on him than it had on Ryuunosuke. What intrigued him more was that this new feeling was coming from the Sky. So, which one of these three would be the Sky?

Ren attempted to and nodded. "This old man here is Tatsuya and the idiot over there is Haku."

Nodding, Haruki introduced himself, bowing he said, "I go by Matsudaira Haruki, nice to meet you." Inwardly, Haruki decided that the Sky must be this Tatsuya. He doubted that Ryuunosuke would allow for the Sky to be called stupid.

Ryuunosuke had other plans, and was too happy for formalities. A big grin stretched across the young man's face.

"Hai! I found you!" He then proceeded to laugh triumphantly.

Haruki couldn't contain himself, and he soon began to laugh along with Ryuunosuke. Sure, they had time to be happy. Strength in numbers, after all. Strength in numbers. However, they would need to move on quickly. They had to leave Nagasaki completely behind.

20. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Updation, peoples! Okay, wanted to point out that I might not be at my best right now. Had to struggle through some writer's block to get this baby out. I expect the best from you guys, so I know I should give it to you right back.:cool:

Outside Lord Shino's Castle, Edo

The kick knocked Yosuke's mask off, but did nothing to actually damage the man. He, however, let Kenchi believe that he had hit him and he stumbled backwards while Kenchi darted for the doorway. Kenchi flung a kunai behind him, which he would not see Yosuke knock it away, but the young ninja fell backwards to the ground to avoid the smoke bombs. He landed on all fours and scurried outside onto the balcony and climbed up on the roof.

On the roof of the castle, a ninja was already waiting for him, with a yumi and a quiver of arrows. In the distance, he could see the young Kenchi Hasagara riding after his companion. The castle was on fire, so Yosuke quickly grabbed the yumi and drew back an arrow. The fire that Kenchi had started now betrayed him, as the light lit up the surrounding area, indicating Yosuke's target clearly. He aimed and let the arrow fly. It would hit it's target in the back and Kenchi would fall to the ground in pain, his last sight being Taka carried away into the distance.

What he would not see is his ever loyal servant, Hatachi, also aim an arrow at Taka's carrier, sending the man and the girl reeling off the horse. He rode his horse over to Kenchi and lifted his master off the ground, then ride and lift Taka, while Yosuke sent ninja after them. The young Ninja lord roared in the background on top of the burning castle, his hair raised and smoke rising in his background. "You have started a war. Go back to your clan and tell them to prepare. Tell them to prepare for battle! We will strike in three days time!"

----

Early the next morning, Kenchi would awake on a bed of hay in the middle of the woods. Hatachi had stayed by his and Taka's side all through the night, guarding them from any enemies that might have came, at the same time tending to their wounds. Even though he had not slept, his eyes stared fiercely at the forest around them, only taking small notice of the fact that his master was now awakening. Taka was also awake, she was on guard as well, but she moved towards Kenchi, placing a hand on his head.

"Master Kenchi, how are you doing?"

Tag: Radiance(Take control as usual;) )

-------
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

The Old Cloud looked down for a second, then back up at Amaya and smiled. "Nothing to be sorry for. My brother was a good man, once upon a time. He just...wanted so much for us. He felt that we were above others because of our power. He felt that the World was ours. That we could take whatever we liked. I disagreed, so he left me and went into the darkness that promised him so much, but gave him nothing, only corrupted him."

Old Cloud looked very sad, even though he smiled.

As the day grew on, Old Cloud's wife sent Kenji on many errands. He had to get flowers, fish, and water. Amaya stayed with Old Cloud and he quickly began teaching her of her powers. He hobbled his way around a small garden, while she sat on a mat in front of him. "The healing technique you saw me use earlier, was not just me. I had to summon spirits to aide me." His hands began to glow again in front of her. "I will show you what I mean."

He reached a wrinkled hand toward her and tapped her on the forehead and suddenly his hands were not just glowing, but were riddled with serpents. Serpents that had not been there before. "I have awoken your Spirit Sight. This will allow you to see the Spirits that walk between our worlds and will allow you to see the spirits of people around you. These snakes are my spiritual aides. I chose them a long time ago and they have never abandoned me. Now, I want you to search this spirit world for your own aide. Something that calls out to your spirit

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

There was something... odd about these two fighters, Tatsuya suddenly realized. It wasn't as if it were strange in a bad way, but it was nonetheless odd. It was a curious sensation Tetsuya had never felt before. The one was like a light piercing the darkness, the other like... well, like light itself.

"Did...Haruki, did you feel that? Sky, what about you?"

Sky? Was that... come to think of it, Ren had call him that earlier. Was he somehow this "Sky"?

"Haku is my pupil, Ren-dono," he gently reminded the woman, but it was only half a reaction. His attention was drawn fully on these two, Haruki, the one that was light itself, and the other that was light in the darkness. The Sun, the Moon, and the Sky. He wasn't sure why he thought of that, but he did.

"Hai! I found you!" the... Moon proclaimed, and he began to laugh triumphantly. Tatsuya found that he couldn't help but join in as well.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," Tatsuya replied with a brief bow, "But I do not believe I caught your names."

TAG: Bassil, Blu

22. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

Ryuunosuke continued laughing, only stopping once Ren gave him a look. Apparantly, Sky had said something. Ren raised an eyebrow, then shoved Ryuunosuke in the shoulder. "Your names..."

His eyes grew wide and then he grinned. "Oh! My name is Kegasu Ryuunosuke, the Moon, and this is Matsudaira Haruki, the Sun. I'm so glad we found you, now we can get out of here." He gathered what materials they had lieing around and then the group set off, through the Checkpoint, and down a path that paralleled the river. Ryuunosuke told Tatsuya the same story he had told Haruki about the Generation and the powers that they possessed. Additionally, he added on his motivation and their destination, which was a village they could see in the distance.

"Sunhead killed my father, only months before I was born. So I will kill him, no matter what. Some say vengeance is not the way, but Sunhead has murdered people, destroyed families, and started entire wars. There is no other way, but vengeance." Ren had held her head down while Ryuunosuke had said this. Inside, she wished she could live with him in peace, but she knew there would be no peace with Ryuunosuke until he had accomplished his goal.

He continued, not noticing Ren's sudden sadness. "In the village we're heading to now, there lives a guy who can help you, Sky, awaken more of your powers. Trust me, we're going to need them."

Haku had held his silence through most of this, but he couldn't take it anymore. "Tatsuya-sama! How can you let this crazy man talk like this? How can you help him? He's speaking of things that don't make any sense. About powers and wars and all kinds of nonsense. Do you really believe him?"

Ren held back her anger at Haku calling Ryuunosuke a crazy man, but Ryuunosuke just looked earnestly at Haku. He could understand why the man would be upset, but Sky believed him...right? As they entered the village, it radiated a place of peace and happiness. People were smiling and singing. There were two statues in the center of the village of two men. Ryuunosuke recognized them as an older generation of the Cloud Twins and, strangely, Haruki would as well. He would not know why he recognized them, only that he did.

Tag: BSSL, Ramza

------
    Aokigahara

Sunhead trudged back into the forest, dragging the body of a young boy. The boy was the Ocean and he was barely alive. He was crying and choking on his own blood. Sunhead let him go and boy's head fell to the forest floor. Ko came from behind a tree and smiled. "Poor boy. He defeated the Kurai, but you finished him anyway." Sunhead sat down in front of the Ocean's body. The boy's eyes slid to him and he tried to plead. Nothing came out, but blood. Ko began preparing a rope, huming a tune.

Placing his hands together, Sunhead closed his eyes and began to glow. Eight bright yellow arms protruded from his spine and placed their hands on the Ocean. The boy then died as Sunhead finished absorbing his life out of him, taking with it his memories, his power, his...everything. The eight arms receded back into Sunhead's spine and he stood. He was larger than before, looked younger, and he smiled. "The first of many, Ko."

Ko wrapped the rope around the Ocean's neck and hung him up around a tree. "Are you going to go after him now?"

Sunhead popped a rice ball into his mouth and chewed. "No, not yet."

------

23. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    IC: Fudo, Daisuke

The ship was being attacked by pirates. Daisuke had been enjoying his peaceful, or was supposed to be peaceful, boat ride quietly sipping some eat that they had offered him. No sooner did his lips touch the drink that it was harshly thrown from his hands soaking him with the warm liquid, he was glad he didn't add any sugar otherwise he would be all sticky.

Everyone around him was in full panic yelling they were being attacked by pirates. Daisuke's eyes widen as he watched some men, large in stature, indeed attacking the passengers of the ship killing them with a swing of their scimitars. He needed to help the passengers escape with the least of harm done, but it seemed futile with all the chaos going on around him.

Daisuke noticed one man, who was covered in soot, just standing there, not moving at all. He questioned if perhaps he was dead, but that proved otherwise when he swing his katana to kill the pirates that tried to harm him. Each time someone tried to attack he finished them off quickly, Daisuke narrowed his eyes, he hadn't seen strength like that since he was assassin.

The man was untouchable, unstoppable...and he was staring right at him.

Daisuke's eyes widen in surprised as the man drew his katana stepping forward to face him. He was not expecting this, but Daisuke managed to dodge his blade as the man swing his katana at him.

He slashed and slashed again, each time getting closer and closer to piercing the wanderer. Daisuke hadn't drawn his sakabato yet, he didn't want to fight, but he would have to soon otherwise this man would surely kill him. He was no ordinary assassin, he was much skilled than those he had met in the past. However in his current situation; being attacked by pirates then attacked by a complete stranger, this whole situation wasn't ordinary at all.

Daisuke finally drew his sword blocking at attack that would have surely killed him. He stepped back knowing that a fight was inevitable, this man was serious. Daisuke's eyes narrowed turning sharp and deadly as he raised his blade. In his current stance he looked like the deadly killer he had once been a long time ago.

Hitokiri Battosai, the man slayer.

TAG: BLUE

24. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

Kenchi awoke the following morning, he was rather groggy and his head was spinning. He felt the effects of herbal drugs in his system. He found it very hard to focus. He wished however, that he had stayed that way. Because the next moment was spent in agony.

His back burned badly, and his leg throbbed something terrible. His whole body was aching from the day before. Pushing himself had taken it?s toll.

Kenchi felt a soft hand on his forehead and he turned slowly to hear Taka?s voice at his ear.

?Master Kenchi, how are you doing??

Kenchi tried to sit up and immediately winced in pain as his back and leg protested greatly. Taka put a hand on his chest and gently pressed him back down.

?What?.. what happened? I remember chasing after you then getting hit in the back, everything was black after that?.?

Taka smiled gently and came to a kneeling position beside him, stroking his hair back before nodding at the silent Hatachi standing guard.

?Your loyal bodyguard betrayed your orders by saving us both it seems.?

Kenchi craned his neck to see Hatachi?s back to him.

?Hatachi?. I told you to return home??

The samurai didn?t turn at all.

?With all due respect Lord Kenchi? save it. We need you now more than ever. Last night I simply decided that I didn?t feel like becoming a ronin. I need a Master and you are it. So do what you need to do, but I stand by my decision.?

Kenchi smirked to himself and closed his eyes. He spun back to Taka, who still had a red mark on her cheek from being struck. But she looked no less beautiful for it. Kenchi looked into her eyes and saw something there that he had never seen from her before.

Caring.

?Lord Kenchi? why did you come back for me?? You put yourself at risk??

Kenchi?s expression softened considerably as he stared into the face of the woman he secretly loved.

?I?..?

He looked away and quickly deflected the question.

??what happened to Ranmaru??

Taka pulled a strand of her silky black hair away from her face.

?We were overconfident. We didn?t expect that Yosuke would have his guards with him at all times. We had laid out a trap for him but he expected it and laid one out for us too. Ranmaru died for our blunder..?

Hatachi lowered his head slightly.

?I have his body. They tried to implicate us responsible for the fire by placing him there, but I got him out in time before anyone noticed. We cremated him last night, and will return his ashes to his home.?

Kenchi closed his eyes for a moment, to remember his faithful subordinate.

??that is a massive blow to our strength?.tell me what happened last night in full detail.?

Hatachi began speaking, outlining all that had happened since Kenchi had left his company. In the meantime, Taka had lifted Kenchi to a sitting position and took off his upper robe to re-dress the bandage on his back. She was surprisingly delicate today. Kenchi had been wounded before but she had always acted like a field medic at the time. Dressing quickly and efficiently. Which of course meant that Kenchi was usually in more pain after the bandage than when he had received the wound. But not today. Something had changed in Taka last night, Kenchi could feel it. He only wished he could tell her how he felt. But that would be betraying his training and his position as her superior.

Hatachi told him of Yosuke?s warning of the impending battle in three days. Kenchi frowned at this.

?That seems rather odd. Why would he give us time to prepare?.? That just means more of his men would be killed. He is trying to taunt me. He wants me to give him my best so that he can prove once and for all that he is better than me?.?

Taka finished her work and slipped her hands around his waist from behind, resting her chin on his shoulder. This took Kenchi by surprise. She had never even dared to touch him outside of bandages, but now she was trying to physically comfort him. He was glad that Hatachi had his back turned because Kenchi?s face was blood red. But he was happy.

S

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

It wasn't long before the laughter died down and pleasantries continued to be exchanged. Haruki had already given his name, but was glad to bow again when Ryuunosuke introduced him again. It wasn't a surprise that he hadn't been heard, he had been formal while Ryuunosuke had chosen boisterous laughter instead.

Gathering their materials, and Kagutsuchi, the group made their way away from the small camp area and through a checkpoint. They were finally on the move and Haruki felt glad that they had more than doubled their group. Regardless of what kind of people had filled in the third through fifth slots of their party, it felt good to have the numbers. On their way, Ryuunosuke began to explain to Tatsuya the same things he had explained to Haruki.

"Sunhead killed my father, only months before I was born. So I will kill him, no matter what. Some say vengeance is not the way, but Sunhead has murdered people, destroyed families, and started entire wars. There is no other way, but vengeance." Ren had held her head down while Ryuunosuke had said this.

He continued, not noticing Ren's sudden sadness. "In the village we're heading to now, there lives a guy who can help you, Sky, awaken more of your powers. Trust me, we're going to need them."

Haruki turned his attention forward, noticing the small village ahead of them. It appeared familiar, but that was only to be expected, he was very knowledgeable in most of the area around Nagasaki.

Haku had held his silence through most of this, but he couldn't take it anymore. "Tatsuya-sama! How can you let this crazy man talk like this? How can you help him? He's speaking of things that don't make any sense. About powers and wars and all kinds of nonsense. Do you really believe him?"

Haruki looked at the faces of his new comrades, the woman was clearly holding back intense anger, and even Ryuunosuke's face had gained an intense look. He didn't know how Tatsuya would respond, but he felt the best thing to do would be to show the nonbeliever.

"Why don't you pay attention?" he suggested as he focused a small amount of energy into his left hand. The air around it began to ignite and form into plasma as his hand grew white hot. With a flick of his hand upward, an arc of superheated plasma and flame shot up into the air before pulling back in to Haruki's palm. A small demonstration of the solar flare. "Now, if you choose not to believe us, you shall be the fool."

It was not long after this that they entered the small village. The place felt peaceful, far more than any village he'd been to in quite some time. In the center of the village there was a strange statue that felt nostalgic to Haruki. He couldn't understand why, but they felt familiar to him. Very familiar. Not that he's seen the statue before, he was sure that he'd seen the statue. The familiarity was in the people. It was a sensation he could only understand as recent.

"Ryuunosuke, I feel as if I...knew the two represented in these statues. Do you also have this feeling?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.