main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Historical Earth My Gung-Ho Samurai - A Feudal Japan Epic

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kenji and Amara Kumo
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

As Amaya sipped her tea, the Old Cloud looked down for a second, then back up at Amaya and smiled. "Nothing to be sorry for. My brother was a good man, once upon a time. He just...wanted so much for us. He felt that we were above others because of our power. He felt that the World was ours. That we could take whatever we liked. I disagreed, so he left me and went into the darkness that promised him so much, but gave him nothing, only corrupted him."

Amaya watched him, as she sipped her tea. So, there were some dangers of owning such powers. She guessed it depended on the person. Hearing what had become of the other brother mad her shake her head slowly. No! That would NOT be them. Kenji was silent. He looked over at Amaya and sighed softly. He hoped that he would never cause such pain to his sister. The look on the old man's face spoke volumes.

As the day grew on, Old Cloud's wife sent Kenji on many errands. He had to get flowers, fish, and water. Kenji didnt mind, as so far the old couple had been very nice and helpful to him and his sister. So he moved to get the items she requested. It would not take him long.

Amaya stayed with Old Cloud and he quickly began teaching her of her powers. He hobbled his way around a small garden, while she sat on a mat in front of him. "The healing technique you saw me use earlier, was not just me. I had to summon spirits to aide me." OOohh! No wonder she could not get it to work eariler. She eagerly watched as his hands began to glow again in front of her. "I will show you what I mean." Show her? How was he going to do that? ...

He reached a wrinkled hand toward her and tapped her on the forehead and suddenly his hands were not just glowing, but were riddled with serpents. Serpents that had not been there before. Her eyes went wide, as she leaned back from the serpents, giving a small gasp. She listened to the old man, fascinated now. "I have awoken your Spirit Sight. This will allow you to see the Spirits that walk between our worlds and will allow you to see the spirits of people around you. These snakes are my spiritual aides. I chose them a long time ago and they have never abandoned me. Now, I want you to search this spirit world for your own aide. Something that calls out to your spirit and that your own spirit responds. Something that you will be able to harmonize and bond with. Go, find it, but you will have to convince it that you are worthy."

'Convince it that she is worthy?' Amaya got up, and looked around the garden. Amaya's new Spirit Sight saw around the garden the spirits of flowers, birds, fish, and many others. Spider hung from his web, his skin blacker than night, but his smile white and perfect. Fish rubbed his round belly as he sat in his small pool of water. He showed Amaya little attention and even seemed to not like her. Many spirits were around the garden, but which would Amaya respond to? She walked out to the center of the garden, and then knelt down. She then wondered then, what was Chiyo then? Another spirit guide? So as she looked around, she asked the old man, who the woman/fish named Chiyo was from the night before.

She wiggled her toes. So many creatures and spirits. She felt as if she would never be alone, ever again. She smiled. The spider seemed friendly enough. But then she thought of the battle she had the night before. Eagle, bird, and the spirit of the trees and plants had come to her aid then... There was so much spirit life around her, it was difficult to pick one. She looked up, and saw Bird. She walked over slowly towards the small spirit. Birds and Butterflies were her favorite...but how would they feel about her? Amaya walked over to it, and gave it a respectful bow of her head. "Greetings wise Bird. Would you be willing to join with me, to help those in need?" she asked gently, hoping the Bird was a friendly spirit.

---

Meanwhile, Kenji had been sent out to get a basket of flowers, 10 fish for dinner, and a barrel of water from the lake. Th

2. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi Guys. Sorry for the silence for this while, but things have gotten hectic with school and wrestling. However, the game will continue and I will be getting an update in within the next 3 days.[face_peace]

-B-

3. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi people! An announcement form your long gone, yet returned GM. :p I have been wanting to bring the game back for awhile now and I think the time has come, now that things in my life have settled down a bit. So, I needed to gauge interest on the return, so please, give me a PM if you are still interested in continuing the game, or wanting to join! Laterz, guys.:D

-b

4. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Updation Complete, peoples. Radiance, take the three days to plan out the defense and your own personal plans, the battle will be glourious!:D Any questions, please shoot me a PM. Glad we can restart this game and glad you are sticking with me in writing this story.[:D]

Episode ii: A Plea for Help

Takamori Castle, Outside Edo

Lady Takamori was quiet. A silence filled the air, but it was far from a peaceful silence. Kenchi?s shame filled one half and the other half was filled with Lady Takamori?s stern, furious silence. She turned to look at Kenchi from her place in the corner of the room, where she had been looking outside at the already preparing defenses of Takamori Castle.

?Your failure enrages me, Kenchi. But?I am not mad at you, only at the fact that Shino Kato is not dead. But he soon will be. He will not go into hiding. You burned down his tower and for that, he will want personal revenge. He will be here for the battle, Kenchi, he can be killed then.? She paused. She was very sharp, but very personal and emotional; her revenge on the Kato family would be calculated and cold.

Folding her arms, a decisive look settled on her face. ?There is no punishment for your failure. Just prepare your men for battle. I sent a messenger to Lord Takimoto, War General of the Takamori clan, he will oversee the battle. Now leave me.?

Tag: Radiance

--------------
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

Bird peered at Amaya through his glasses. He smiled a welcoming smile to the girl. ?Quite the proposition, young Cloud, but a one to think about no less. I am Bird and I have helped only one Cloud before?He was a kind spirit, as you are as well. I let him down?? The spirit seemed saddened, but continued. ?I think I will join you, young Cloud. Maybe this old bird can find some redemption in the new Generation.?

What happened next would undoubtedly change Amaya, physically and spiritually. Bird touched Amaya?s skin and then, suddenly, he was beautifully painted on her skin. The imprint of bird was motionless, but the tattoo radiated with life and power.

Old cloud grinned and nodded. Pulling up his sleeve, he showed multiple animals painted on his body. Tiger, shark, snake, and some that Amaya would not even recognize covered the man?s wrinkled body. Oddly, for his age, he was incredibly fit and in good shape, looking as if he could, physically, take on even Kenji.

?The next step is painful, Amaya, and harder and will take time to master. It took me 50 years.? He chuckled at that and motioned for her to follow him back in the house. ?Acquiring a spirit to aide you is the first step to being able to use his powers. Bird has multiple talents, but the first that we want to activate is his sight. Using his power, your eyes will be able to see through the eye of any bird. I fear that Sunhead may have mastered this ability, which is why he may be able to locate you at any time he wishes. Activating your power will drain him of that ability and weaken him. I hope now you see the importance of you staying here. This small step alone could give your Generation a better chance.?

?Unlike your spirit sight, I will not be able to just awaken this power. You must concentrate and awaken it yourself. I want you to pick an easy target. Think of your brother. There are plenty of birds around this village and your brother is undoubtedly near one of them. I want you to concentrate on finding him and tell me what he is doing, what he is wearing, and what is happening around him.?

He poured her a cup of tea and kneeled down, closing his eyes. Instantly, she would realize he was meditating and funneling his energy into her.
    -----

As Kenji neared the group of boys, he noticed that they too were a dream. Even the man was a dream. But why had all the other dreams gone away, yet this one remained. However, it turned out that the man was not a dream, for he was covered in soot now and turning towards Kenji. He was a kurai samurai

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Amaya and Kenji Kumo - Shimabara, Nagasaki
    Shimabara, Nagasaki

Amaya watched as Bird peered at Amaya through his glasses. He smiled a welcoming smile to the girl. ?Quite the proposition, young Cloud, but a one to think about no less. I am Bird and I have helped only one Cloud before?He was a kind spirit, as you are as well. I let him down?? The spirit seemed saddened, but continued. ?I think I will join you, young Cloud. Maybe this old bird can find some redemption in the new Generation.?

She was not sure what he ment by letting down another cloud..but she was happy that he was willing to help her. What happened next was simply amazing! Bird touched Amaya?s skin and then, suddenly, he was beautifully painted on her skin. The imprint of bird was motionless, but the tattoo radiated with life and power. Her finger traced the tattoo, looking at it in wonder.

Then, the Old cloud grinned and nodded. Pulling up his sleeve, he showed multiple animals painted on his body. Tiger, shark, snake, and some that Amaya would not even recognize covered the man?s wrinkled body. WOW. She had no words, for the wonder she felt now. It was the voice of the older Cloud that brought her mind back to the present.

?The next step is painful, Amaya, and harder and will take time to master. It took me 50 years.? She looked over suprised, as he chuckled. 50 years!!! And whay was it painful?!?

He motioned for her to follow him back in the house.

?Acquiring a spirit to aide you is the first step to being able to use his powers. Bird has multiple talents, but the first that we want to activate is his sight. Using his power, your eyes will be able to see through the eye of any bird. I fear that Sunhead may have mastered this ability, which is why he may be able to locate you at any time he wishes. Activating your power will drain him of that ability and weaken him. I hope now you see the importance of you staying here. This small step alone could give your Generation a better chance.?

Amaya nodded. That made sense to her.

"Unlike your spirit sight, I will not be able to just awaken this power. You must concentrate and awaken it yourself. I want you to pick an easy target. Think of your brother. There are plenty of birds around this village and your brother is undoubtedly near one of them. I want you to concentrate on finding him and tell me what he is doing, what he is wearing, and what is happening around him."

He poured her a cup of tea and kneeled down, closing his eyes. Instantly, she would realize he was meditating and funneling his energy into her.

Amaya took the cup of hot tea, and gently blew across it. She gave a soft sigh, and took a long sip of the tea, before placing it down next to her. Settling down, she relaxed, and concentrated on her brother. She could ALWAYS find Kenji! As she relaxed, she thought of where he had to go. He had mentioned the lake before he left. There should be plenty of birds there!

"Where are you, my Kenji..?" she murmured softly to herself, as she concentrated on seeing her brother. She spoke in their special language, even as she placed a hand on top of the tattoo, as she searched within...

-----

Meanwhile, Kenji neared the group of boys he had seen earlier. But then he noticed that they too were a dream. Even the man was a dream. But why had all the other dreams gone away, yet this one remained. If they were a dream, it would mean that the dreamer was someplace close, wouldnt it?

Wait. The man before him was definitely NOT a dream, for he was covered in soot now and turning towards Kenji. No, this was a nightmare. Another one of those foul warriors like the one Amaya and he had run into before. Covered in soot.

As Kenji noticed it, another samurai stepped out of the forest, but neither of them drew as much attention as a young, red haired woman who rose out of the ground before him.

?Kenji, Cloud of Dreams. Your power radiates from you. My people, the Kurai Samurai, can feel it. But I have to put an end to you now, my apologies.?

6. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Kenchi Hasagara
    Takamori Castle

?There is no punishment for your failure. Just prepare your men for battle. I sent a messenger to Lord Takimoto, War General of the Takamori clan, he will oversee the battle. Now leave me.?

Kenchi bowed even lower to the floor, resting his forehead against the mat.

?As My Lady commands??

Kenchi stood quickly and removed himself from the room. Taka stood as soon as the door slid close again. Both of them walked in silence towards
    Kenchi?s quarters in the estate.

?Taka, assemble the clan. Everyone needs to be told about Ranmaru and understand what we face.?

His companion nodded quietly and by the next corner of the walkway, she was gone. He continued walking on trying to avoid showing a limp. The bruising on his leg would be gone in time for the battle? he hoped.

As things went, Kenchi was actually doing very well. He had a chance to redeem himself. His failure could be turned into a success. But he also knew that his more dangerous enemy was going to be at the battle as well. It would make things difficult with Yosuke there. Though far from impossible. And even if the odds were against them, Kenchi was a Master at making the
    impossible, possible.

He found Hatachi looking out of a window by his room. The Samurai seemed sullen to say the least. After all he had only recently found out that his best and only friend had been deceiving him from the start, and was only now realizing how inadequate he was next to someone who didn?t need protection in the least. He had bled for Kenchi Hasagara, but now he realized his efforts were unnecessary. Hatachi looked up as Kenchi approached, but did not stand at attention, or even bow. He just stared at the man with eyes that were in a storm of confusion.

Kenchi leaned against the railing next to him, staring out at the stars.
    ?It was a necessary deception Hatachi. If common folk knew what my father and I truly represented, then the Takamori family would have been under constant threat.?

Hatachi shook his head. ?I understand that, it?s just a bit difficult to comprehend. You are supposed to be weak, I am supposed to protect you. But? you are Shinobi, the thought of me protecting you is laughable.?
    Kenchi smiled ruefully as he looked at the stars.

?My friend, it would take a lifetime to explain to you exactly what I am, or what Taka is. To keep it simple, I?ll describe what I am to you, as being an entirely different set of stars than the ones you see now. I look the same as them, I act the same as them, but when you get close enough, you realize that they are different in every sense of the word. You have seen me your entire life Hatachi. You know who I am, but there is also a world that lies underneath that you had yet to even scratch the surface of. That doesn?t mean you are unobservant, it just means that I am good at hiding.?

Hatachi mulled it over for a moment and then looked over to his Lord.

?Black Cherry Blossoms??

The comment brought a smirk to Kenchi?s lips. ?Yes Hatachi. Black Cherry Blossoms. Do you understand now??

?Yes, I think I do.?

?Good, then you know what is coming.?

?Yes. I do. And it is something I am better suited for, opposed to all of this sneaking around.?

?I will speak with you soon then. Rest for the time being, you are going to need all of the strength you can muster.?
    Hatachi nodded and walked off. Kenchi lingered for a moment and thanked the Gods that he had not lost one his most trusted friends and allies.
    Hasagara hurried to his room and slipped his bedroll aside, then pulled it back over as soon as he was through the hole and down the ladder. He walked with purpose down the stone hallway and into the main chamber of his training room. It was completely void of life. He looked around slightly and nodded, then shouted into the void.

?Clan Hasagara!?

Black shapes seemed to materialize from nowhere. They came from the ceiling, the walls, even the floor itself. They moved until there were 6 lines of 5 ninja standing in perfect line

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Outskirts, Nagasaki

Haruki was still staring at the oddly familiar visages with such intensity that he didn't really register Ryuunosuke's words. Of course they were the Cloud Twins, Haruki thought to himself. How could they be anything else? The thought had come quickly, and was partly based upon his new friend's words. The realization struck him quickly that he had thought about it as if it was nothing. It just seemed natural to know who these people were. Haruki finally turned to Ryuunosuke at the mention that this was a sanctuary their enemy could not reach. It meant they were safe here. They were fine. Even though Ryuunosuke's insistence on not remembering the whole story produced an uneasiness that nagged at the back of Haruki's mind.

While his friend attempted to remember the important detail he had forgot, Haruki took a glance around the village. A lot of the people here were very happy to see Ryuunosuke, but as his eyes met some the villagers, he was met with confusion and even anger. A deep sense of dread was beginning to form from deep within him. He'd never been to this small village before yet everyone seemed to know him on some level. And none of them liked what they knew. He watched in confusion as several villagers began to make their way towards him.

As a man approached Ryuunosuke, Haruki became even more worried, but calmed slightly when he noticed how happy this man was to see Ryuunosuke. It was good that someone might be a friend with all of this hostility. And Ryuunosuke seemed to think so as well, introducing both Haruki and Tatsuya to this Haiga. Ryuunosuke was about to bow in respect for this first meeting, when a fist quickly met him in his ribs. The blow sent him flying back, forcing him to lose his jumonji-yari. As he fell to the ground, he felt his arms and legs tied up behind himself as his weapons were carried away. Haruki glanced up towards the large Haiga as a boot met him in the face. The impact sent Haruki rolling across the ground.

This was personal now, this had been unprovoked and was not how you welcomed guests into your village. There was nothing stopping Haruki, now that he had distance, from burning through the rope using his solar flare technique. This Haiga would learn proper respect in meeting new people before this day was done, Haruki would see to that, as he began to focus himself on directing the energy of the sun through his body, beginning to feel the heat rise to the ropes on his hands and feat. The man was spouting something about honor while holding Ryuunosuke from checking on Haruki. Ren seemed panicked, trying to figure out what was happening in this situation as Haruki continued to glare and grow hotter and hotter.

That's when the man explained. Sunhead had killed the Cloud Twins in front of their own village. The two had given up their lives to make sure the man could never set foot in this place again. Their legacy, their deaths, were due to that monster Haruki, Ryuunosuke, and Tatsuya were trying to defeat. Haruki glared at Ryuunosuke as the other man absentmindedly admitted this was what he had forgotten.

"Don't you think this would be a little important, Ryuunosuke? Something you should have warned me about so that I hadn't entered the village in any threatening manner at all?" Haruki asked as he calmed himself down. The smoke from the ropes could be smelled by all in attendance now, but he had pulled back his technique. He was not going to attempt to escape only to make the situation worse. "I am not Sunhead, nor do I condone anything he has done. If honor dictates that I, one who wants nothing more than to serve you Sunheads' freshly slain body, should be put to death. Then I must accept this end to my story. I will not resist your judgment." As he said this, he glanced to Ryuunosuke and Tatsuya, a look that conveyed trust in his brethren to deal with this situation so that he may join them in the battles ahead.

TAG: Ramza, blu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.