main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Historical Earth My Gung-Ho Samurai - A Feudal Japan Epic

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Farewell My Gung-Ho Samurai...

Aokigahara, 1635

Taro carried his sword in fingers that were not his. As the tale goes, he killed a God for the hand and that those who oppose it would fall victim in seconds. He never minded the tales and rumors. They, in the end, added to, what would be, his final legacy. He would be remembered as the greatest swordsmen to ever live. Mothers would tell tales to their children of how they had laid with him and men would tell their sons that they had seen Taro slay a hundred men.

He was a living legend who would be feared for a thousand years!

A blade slave to no shogun!

The Samurai of Darkness they called him because no enemy of his would see daylight ever again!

Yet, the Samurai of Darkness was nervous. The man across from him was...not a man...He was a monster. His hair was the color of the sun, his skin of snow, his eyes of the sky, and his blade of man's blood.

Taro felt as if the trees were watching his every movement, looking for a sign of weakness. Then, with the eyes of a frightened boy, he realized the trees weren't watching him, but the bodies that hung from all of them were.

"You have seen the skies." The Sunhead said, "The time is upon us for the next generation to be born. The next generation of your kind."

Taro cursed himself for looking down at the ground. "Yeah, it is. But I can make it, I can beat them...You did."

"I was different, and you're not. I slayed the Ocean, the Earth, the Cloud twins, the Sky, the Moon, and the Star of my generation and achieved the power that I now have. My generation was the second, the first was gone by the time we arrived, and I slayed my brothers and sisters, not because I wanted to, but because I could."

"I can to-"

"No, you cannot." Sunhead said in a low roar that made Taro visibly shake. Tears began to fall from Taro's eyes and he shook. Death was upon him. "It is too late. The time draws too near and you lack the power to kill the rest of them. Some of your generation took a different path. They did not seek power, recognition, and riches as you did. They lived normal lives and will die when the next generation is born. It is over Taro Kegasu, the Moon."

Taro shook his head. "No, it's not!!" He drew his blade and then he died.

-------------
    Tea House, 1635

Kumiko sipped her tea and laughed with her friends. They sat outside her Uncle's tea house and Naoki was performing a difficult headstand after eating 50 dumplings. The result was a laugh at the expense of Naoki's uneasy stomach.

One of her friends said, "Hey, look at the moon."

Kumiko looked at the moon as it turned red. The color of man's blood. It was then that she excused herself to go into a small, isolated room of the tea house and sob. Taro, the moon, her lover, had been killed. She would cry and grieve for several hours and the next day she would set off.

-------------
    Village, 1655

Ryuunosuke looked at the stars. The thing about being the moon, his mother had told him, was that he would never be able to see it...uh, himself. His father had also been the moon, but someone had killed him twenty years ago. His mother was dead now and he had a destiny and a legacy to meet. He would kill the man who killed his father and reclaim his father's legacy, making his own in the process.

However, he would first have to find his brothers and sisters, the new generation, before Sunhead found him.

Welcome all to [b]My Gung-Ho Samurai - A Feudal Japan Epic[/b]. This is a game about a generation of mystic samurai and a mysterious swordsmen known only as "Sunhead" who seemingly controls the destiny of each generation. It is a game of adventure and life. Also, it is a free-roam game where you go where you want, I just assist you in your travels and try to create a story with you, the players.

------------
    [u][b]Character Sheet[/b][/u]

Name:
    Appearance:
    Equipment&Weapons:
    Bio:

-------------
    [u][b]Rules[/b][/u]

-Keep OOCs to minimum
    -PM Character Sheets
    -No G

2. Space_Chicken

Space_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Are we to play the characters that are listed before (the cloud twins, the sky etc)? If you can clarify I will submit a character sheet but I don't want to work on one to discover I did it wrong. But either way, expect a CS from me, this looks interesting and I'm well up for getting back into RPing.

3. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    My apologies: Yes, you are to choose from one of the affinities mentioned above.

-Ocean
    -Earth
    -Clouds
    -Sky
    -Sun
    -Star

-B-

4. Space_Chicken

Jul 30, 2005
    GM approved.

Name: Takeo Arai
    Appearance: Long sleek black hair that seems to move as is underwater. He has a slim athletic body, his hands and feet are also slightly webbed.
    Equipment&Weapons: Weapons and equipment slow him down, he wears some loose shorts with a rope belt takes nothing with him. His own body is a weapon.
    Bio: Takeo was raised on a small island. His father was the Ocean before him and was killed while he was still in the womb. Takeo had always had an affinity with water, he was the best swimmer of all the children in his village and could swin to a group of fish without them dispersing. While his mother refused to tell him about who he and who his father was he always knew, some part of him always felt that he was above his peers, these feelings gave him great confidence but also great arrogance.

5. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    Approved by the Bluest Beast in all of the JCF

Name: Earnon Ua Neill
    Appearance: Earnon is a good example of an Irishman, stout tall strong and ruggedly handsome. The problem is that he is not in Ireland but Japan, making him even more noticeable.

Earnon stands a shade over 6 feet tall and weighs in just over 14 stone (200lbs). Stocky of stature, he is well muscled and in exceptional shape befitting a near lifelong fighter and warrior. However he does carry several scars on his body and aches in his joints, remnants and reminders of battles fought and lost in the past.

His well defined facial features are often expressive, not the least of which are his blue-green eyes, which can go from a hard stare to a soft gaze and back within nanoseconds. Continuing in his fierce adherence to anything that defines him as Irish, he keeps his dark brown/red hair trimmed to a shorter length and wears predominately western clothing, a rarity in these parts.

While he is perfectly mobile and actually quite agile despite his size, he walks with a limp and uses what looks like a cane for support...

Equipment&Weapons:
    Equipment-
    Travel Satchel for nessecary gear (money, hygene equipment, telescope, maps etc.
    Waterskin
    Bedroll bound by ropes and with shoulder loop (does double duty of hiding swords)
    Leather cord around neck with familial pendant (shillelagh with snake circled around handle) and clatter ring looped over it

Weapons-
    1x Nodachi (broken off to a point about 3/4 away from the handle, tang wrapped in orange cord)
    1x Wakizashi (tang wrapped in blue cord)
    1x Scottish-Made flintlock pistol (kept tucked in one of his boots)
    1x Shillelagh (Black throne made, oblong jade clubhead, used as faux walking stick

Bio: Born into conflict upon conflict, Earnon Ua Neill is the last in the line of heirs to a martial arts legacy, having been born into a family that practiced and taught the traditional Irish stickfighting martial art of Bata. As the middle child of a family of 3 brothers and 2 sisters, he had a happy and boisterous life, albeit one that was marked by the comings of war rather frequently. The period was historically marked by the wars in the three kingdoms of England Ireland and Scotland, and England frequently invaded and oppressed the Irish peoples, only to be met with fierce resistance.

Earnon grew and learned, becoming a master of Bata in his own right along with horsemanship and the acedemic studies befitting his middle class family, as well as growing strong in both body spirit and heart. All of this would come to serve him well in when the Cromwellian Invasion began. Quickly taking up arms he fought alongside his fellow Irishmen and endeavored to make the Cromwellian stay in Ireland very unwelcome and hostile. It was said that the land itself did strange things when Earnon was around, things like seemingly helping him hide and move with silence when sneaking towards enemy, or possibly the hills themselves following him when he charged into battle

During the conflict partisans raided and burned his families house and lands, and killed his entire family including wife, son, parents, and any siblings and their children that weren't in hiding or dead from execution or battle. A lesser man would have broken under the emotional and psychological trauma, but Earnon made a special compartment in his soul for the pain, and let it fuel his vengeful rage in battle, blackening his heart and focusing his already savage attacks into more brutal blows unleashed onto the English.

Though he fought on valiantly, Earnon eventually was captured and imprisoned in a British Stockade. Sentenced to death before a trial of one, he had consigned himself to making one last stand in the stockade when fellow guerrilla fighters attacked the jail, freeing those inside.
    However, rather than fight he was packed away into a ship and sent across many countries, ordered to leave Ireland and find a faraway land, to survive and await a sig

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Good, good. Thanks everyone who sent, and are sending, characters for this Epic.

Ocean, Earth, Sun, Moon, and at least 1 cloud twin have been taken and that's actually pretty good. This game demands dedication and creativity, and I promise to invest time into this game. It is also a player's choice game, where you tell what you want, I give it to you with some imaginative liberty taken.

-B-

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet

Name: Matsudaira Haruki

Appearance: Haruki is a great representation for an Edo period samurai. He is athletic, built for speed, strength, and skill. His appearance inspires confidence in the daimyo he protects and fear into the bandits and would-be lawbreakers who would attack. Even at 25 he has a youthful handsomeness that hasn't been lost on the ladies of Edo.

Haruki is 5'10" with a weight of 173 lbs. His body, while muscular, is designed for speed and power in his actions, instead of for overall strength. Thus his entire body is toned evenly, giving him a strong yet dexterous appearance. Having been in several skirmishes, his body has a few scars. However, these marks are rare considering that so few bandits and mercenaries can match his skill.

He has a auburn colored eyes and jet black hair that he keeps cut short. He wears red to symbolize his affinity to the sun. His armor is red, his pants, are white with strips of red on them to symbolize the rays of the sun. His belt has the symbol of the sun on it, as do the hilts of all his weapons. He wears no helmet, choosing instead to wear a red bandanna.

Equipment&Weapons: He carries the necessary equipment needed for travel such as a satchel, bedroll, and other amenities. He usually has his equipment placed upon his horse, Kagutsuchi, who is black with the same color armor that Haruki uses.

Weapons - He wields two jumonji-yari whose poles are colored red. He also has one kodachi and one katana that he wields for times when the two pole-arms aren't suitable.

Bio: Born in 1630, or the 31st year of the Tokugawa Bakufu. His homeland was the Mikawa Province, but at age 5 Tokugawa Iemitsu formalized the sankin kotai and his family was one of the first that made the trip to Edo for the mandatory stay. He did not mind this, as at age five and living a life of a warrior in training, he was always looking for the next experience and challenge. Edo proved to be a challenge, as even a family related to the shogunate was watched closely. However, he did have some of the better tutors and trainers. One of his trainers even fought during the Shimabara Rebellion. It was during his youth in Edo that he gained an interest in the ukiyo-e subculture that was beginning to grow out of the 1620's in Edo. He was particularly interested in the art, considering his dexterous fighting style lent him skills that could be used for painting. When he was 16, he began painting while not protecting his daimyo or training.

It was during a tour to Edo with his daimyo that his group was attacked by a mysterious man who claimed that Haruki was the new "Sun". Haruki at first did not know what the man meant, and spent his time in Edo during that year looking into old texts for any clues. Upon discovering some startling information about the danger present to these warriors, he informed his daimyo that if he truly was the new Sun, he would need to leave his services immediately. Understanding of the dangers present in Haruki's situation, and grateful for all the years of perfect service, his daimyo granted him leave and gifted him enough money to settle himself in whichever city he saw fit.

Haruki thought hard on where his new life as a Ronin would take him, and he chose to settle far from his relatives. He chose to settle as a mercenary in Nagasaki. Here he knew he would be located at the only site of foreign interference, Dejima. Gaining an interest in knowing what the foreigners were talking about, he studied and learned Dutch.

As fighting died down, he realized in 1850 that he'd need some skills outside of being a warrior and painter in order to continue making a living. Utilizing the skills from his childhood, he began to practice calligraphy. As the interest in samurai as nobles grew, he became a popular figure in Nagasaki, attracting women of all professions as well as customers for his artwork and services.

At age 25 he is living happily in Nagasaki, his services as a mercenary allowi

8. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Hello all. Notice: All the spots, except Sky, have been filled! Now, this is a bit unorthodox, but I think appropriate. I would like all the players to send me a PM indicating when would be a good day for the game to start for you. If today is a good day, then let me know. Also, with this PM, I would like you to select a number between 1 and 10. That is all.

The game will start during the weekend by default, but I still would like to know what days are good for the group.

-B-

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Approved!

Name: Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Appearance: [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/yojimbo1227423164.jpg] He stands about 1.67 m tall, and his yukata is light blue in color, with a white obi.
    Equipment & Weapons: Tatsuya wields his unique variation on the daisho, having opted to replace his katana with the much longer nodachi. His sword hilts and scabbards are a rather nondescript black.
    Bio: From birth, Tatsuya (His real last name is known to few, and he's certainly not telling anyone), was trained to serve his daimyo with absolute loyalty and unending service. As such he trained rigorously from a young age in Iaido, the art of quickly drawing and striking with the blade, for which his short size and light build had given him a surprising aptitude. This was compounded by his preference for the nodachi, the oversized blade typically used for attacking calvary. Curiously, he managed to apply the normal principles of Iaido to the nodachi, developing a unique combat style that made his already admirable speed seem positively supernatural, since he could draw his nodachi faster than most could even draw a wakizashi. He soon became famous in the daimyo's army as "God Speed Tatsuya," a nickname he still employs from time to time.

Of course, despite his abilities in combat, not even Tatsuya could stave off age and his daimyo's rather infamous lust for gambling. And so, at the age of 35 "old" Tatsuya found himself a ronin, unemployed and without a home or family to return to. He took to the road, and began to follow the rivers wherever they went (It is from this that he takes his pseudonym Kawazoe), taking odd-jobs here and there from whoever pays him the most. He wanders still.

10. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Let's see if I can get this right:

Arai Takeo - Ocean(Space_Chicken)
    Earnon Ua Neill - Earth(Rally_Fan_84)
    Matsudaira Haruki - Sun(BartSimpson-SithLord)
    Kawazoe Tatsuya - Sky(darthramza)
    Turanosuke Kikuchiyo - Star(Penguinator-176)

Okay, Space_Chicken and darthramza wish to begin today. So they will.

---------------
    Episode I: The Barrage
    ----------------------
    Aokigahara, 1655

The man known as Sunhead looked at the two men before him. Men was used to describe the way they looked, because they looked like men, but Sunhead knew that they were evil, dark beings. In the time when Sunhead was born, there roamed large creatures who were as tall as the clouds and harnessed lightning. The walked on all fours and when they roared, thunderstorms would rage for miles around. They were worshiped by Dark Warriors. Sunhead started a war with the beasts and killed most of them, but the beasts bestowed upon their loyal servants their own power.

What stood before him were two descendants of the Dark Warriors. They were known as Kurai Samurai and they were mercenaries.

"I want you to kill a boy on a small island and a man in Nagasaki."

They asked for their targets' names.

Sunhead gave them the names.

The Kurai Samurai turned, got on their horses, and rode away.

-------------

Market, Small Island

The market was in a glorious celebration. Men were drinking and women giggled as they watched men fight and hand wrestle. The people on Arai Takeo's island did not need a reason to celebrate, so they made up reasons. Today's festival was for the birthday of a local shopowner's daughter. She was beautiful and older men would try to talk to her, then her father would wack them with sticks and they would laugh and wander off, only to return, drunker, and try it again, each time getting angrier when the broom came.

Takeo was sitting outside his mother's dumpling shop, making sure that guys stayed away from her. A man came up to him. But when Takeo turned to look at the Kurai Samurai, he would wander how he could ever mistake this monstrosity as a man. He was dressed in traditional Samurai garb, only it was black. Not fully black. It looked dirty, like it was covered in soot.

The eyes behind the samurai mask glowed a deep ocean blue and the Kurai Samurai drew dual katanas.

A low growl. "Are you Arai Takeo?"

He did not wait for an answer, he only stabbed a blade out aimed for Takeo's chest.

Tag: Space_Chicken

---------------
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

Kawazoe Tatsuya was hired to guard the Magistrate's daughter. The Magistrate was a nice man, kind, and merciful. Which is why it was so puzzling that his daughter was so commanding and dominating. She threw things and flirted with ugly men and said words that Tatsuya was pretty sure a woman should not be saying.

However, this did not distract him from the strange, soot covered young man who walked into the Tea shop. He looked like a boy, but he also looked like a monster. A hungry, deadly monster who had drawn a katana from, seemingly, the air and was now walking towards the magistrate's daughter's table, but he wasn't looking at her. He was looking at Tatsuya.

"Eh!?" Yumiko shouted from behind Tatsuya. "What does this #@&*^^% want? I know I'm a pretty lady, but you're disgustingly below my standards. You're covered in dirt, you freak!" She began to laugh loudly before standing up and putting her finger in the Kurai Samurai's face. "You know who I am!?"

Tatsuya could see that this was not going to start or end well.

Tag: Ramza

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

Tatsuya had to admit this was quite the nice tea shop. The magistrate's daughter could be as rude as she damn well pleased while he had this excellent cup of green tea in hand. So he was a bit agitated that this katana wielding... thing had decided to make such an obvious threat towards him. But Tatsuya remained unimpressed, and simply drank from his tea cup as the magistrate's daughter began her decidedly un-ladylike display.

"Eh!?" Yumiko shouted from behind Tatsuya. "What does this #@&*^^% want? I know I'm a pretty lady, but you're disgustingly below my standards. You're covered in dirt, you freak!" She began to laugh loudly before standing up and putting her finger in the Kurai Samurai's face. "You know who I am!?"

"Such behavior," Tatsuya began, lowering his tea cup, "Is unbecoming of a woman such as yourself." His voice was as calm as ever, but his hands subtly shifted to a position to draw. "And you," he continued, "What business do you have with my client? Sit down, have some tea."

The thing may have thought this foolish, but "God-speed" Tatsuya was a master of Iaido. He didn't need to stand... in order to strike.

TAG: Blu

OOC: The following traits apply to Tetsuya:

-Fancy Feet(You are very quick in combat and are not easily knocked down)
    -Brickbroken!(Strong opponents are your worse nightmare)
    -Samurai M.D(You heal quickly)
    -Sheep(You blend in and are easily forgotten about. Others of the Generation will not be able to find you easily.)
    -The Numbers Game(Multiple enemies are no problem for you)
    -70 Ryo

12. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

The Kurai Samurai turned to the older man.

"Are you Kawazoe Tatsuya?" And then he grabbed the young lady by the throat and began to squeeze with bone crushing force. The other guards hired by the Magistrate jumped into action. There were six of them and then there were two of them, blood sprayed over the walls and all over Yumiko, but not a drop on Tatsuya.

Such accuracy...required a response.

Haku, the other bodyguard, screamed, "Argh!! Tatsuya, what...is that!?"

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

Before Tatsuya had a chance to reply to the strange monster's question, it sprung into action of its own accord, and within moments four of the six other guards had been killed. Tatsuya was impressed: this thing could actually prove to be a challenge.

"Argh!! Tatsuya, what... is that!?"

"Can't say that I know," the ronin replied, getting to his feet, cracking his neck to the side as he did so. "But if it wants to live it will let go of my client immediately. Of course..."

In a blur, Tatsuya drew his wakizashi, using the force of the unsheathing motion to propel the blade towards the arm that held Yumiko. If he was successful, his blade would be cleaned and re-sheathed before the thing had even registered the blow.

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Ramza, read my post again. You're not covered in blood. Which is...actually a good thing.:p

--------------
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

The Kurai Samurai's hand fell to the floor, as did the rest of his forearm. Haku cut the rest of the arm off. The soot-covered boy backed away, not in pain, but in cold, calculated steps, keeping his eyes on both of his opponents. Blue-black blood dripped from the wound, but he straightened back up and prepared to attack again.

Haku gasped, terrified of the young man's recovery, but he jumped forward and caught Yumiko's body. The girl was still alive. "Uh...uh, I'll take her outside. You can deal with this, right?" Without waiting for an answer he picked up Yumiko and ran out the back door, through the kitchen.

The Kurai raised his blade toward Tatsuya. "You will need more power than that if you wish to kill me."

With one foot, he kicked a chair towards Tatsuya and surged forward with a slash towards the old man's neck.

--------------
    Trail to Nagasaki

The thing about Nobles was that they never had time for their kids. Now hiring a giant white man to transport your children to Nagasaki might not be the best option, but it was an option. Especially when one's reputation proceeded them as Earnon Ua Neill's did. It was a simple task because the 4 teens that were with him were all boys and amazingly well behaved. Some would say that Earnon was even smiling as the boys talked to him.

It was indeed a simple task, before it got complicated. Before a Kurai Samurai appeared on the horizon, on horseback, riding full speed at them. In the distance, one with keen ears could hear the Kurai asking a question.

"Are you Earnon Ua Neill?"

Tag: Rally(Remember to send me your number)

15. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    OOC: Just for the record since Earnon is Irish and has lived in Japan fore more than a few years, he is now bilingual. This means when he switches back to his native tongue it will be presented in green italicized font, like this. Since Irish Gaelic isn't exactly a common language, I better not see recognition of words in that font from any Japanese characters lol.

[b]IC:[/b] Earnon Ua Neill
    [b]Location:[/b] Accosted on the road to Nagasaki
    [hr]
    [i]*Earnon had actually been enjoying the trip he was undertaking. The boys that were placed in his care were well behaved and respectful but very verbose. Perhaps it was the sight of the hulking man who was sent to accompany them and perhaps keep them out of trouble, but they provided better travel companions then other people he had been hired to protect. They were young but their noble upbringing had included horsemanship, and it was evident in the way they rode the steeds which had been provided to all of them.

The journey also reminded him of the ones that he had been a part of as a child and young man before war had descended on his family. Those were good times, full of song and mirth and a love of life that would make even the most insane of beserkers slow down and change their ways. Perhaps that feeling could be shared by all someday.

The journey had been proceeding smoothly until the group had started down into a shallow culvert section of the path. On the crest they were riding for had appeared a rider. After studying them for a moment he had kicked his own horse into a gallop and had bellowed loudly enough that the entire countryside most likely had heard him.*[/i]

[hl=crimson]"Are you Earnon Ua Neill?"[/hl]

[i]*Before answering he looked at the children, motioning slightly with his hand as he spoke*[/i]

"Get off of the road boys, hitch the horses and get low. This one means to make an issue of something."

[i]*It was a good thing that the boys did obey him, because Earnon was wondering how his name had gotten around so quickly despite his attempts to blend into the background or at least minimize the presence he knew he would have as a gaijin in this land.

Still, now was not the time to ponder such things. The man was bearing down on him at a rather high velocity and did not look at all like he wanted a pleasant social conversation. He would of course fight, but not until he absolutely had to. Perhaps this stranger could be warded off by words alone*[/i]

"Perhaps I am, who are you and why are you looking for this [color=green][i]Earnon Ua Neill[/i][/color]? I am but a simple stranger in this land, exiled from my own home and working to stave off my hunger and stay out of the wind and rain."

[i]*As he spoke, his hand drifted down to the shaft of his "cane". Since both of his blades were in the bedroll and the pistol was not handy, it would be up to the simplest of all weapons to defend the children and himself if things progressed in an unfortunate direction*[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] Kurai Samurai (GM)

[u][i]OOG:[/i][/u] These traits apply to Earnon
    -Brickbreaker(You are top notch in physical strength and power)
    -Big Men(You can carry more weight)
    -Nightcrawler(You are better suited for combat at night)
    -The Sluggy(You are slow. Faster opponents are your worst nightmare.)
    -Mr.Stone(It takes more to kill you)
    -53 Ryo

16. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Trail to Nagasaki

The Kurai's horse slowed to a stopped several meters away from Earnon and the Kurai drew back his large yumi and fired four arrows in Earnon's direction. Earnon may have thought the arrows were meant for him, but upon arrival, all of them hit his horse which bucked Earnon off and onto the ground. The horse began to run, but only made it to the side of the road before collapsing.

Earnon's clients would not be safe just in the grass. The accuracy of the Kurai was ferocious and he would kill them in a matter of seconds if Earnon did not act swiftly. The Kurai's horse began to pick up speed again, charging for the downed Earnon.

Tag: Rally

Since the combat in this game is fast-paced, I have to handle it slightly differently. When you post your attacks, you may post more than one. For example, instead of just slashing once, you may slash multiple times and I will respond as to which got through and which were blocked. This applies to everyone. Any questions? Pm me.[face_peace]

17. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Earnan Ua Neill

[i]*Given that he had been hired to protect the youngsters Earnon had expected and anticipated some trouble. However, the kind he expected was of the sort that bandits or ruffians provided, not a virtuoso bowman that made the welsh that the Crown had fielded look like armatures by comparison. A flurry of bolts had hit not Earnan or his charges, but his horse, who promptly threw Earnon. He had just enough time to shout...*[/i]

"[color=green][i]Mac dar ag...![/i][/color]"

[i]*Before hitting the ground hard. The horse meanwhile had chosen to go to the edge of the trail and die there, convienently close to tantalize but out of reach to move. With his charges clearly not safe from the onslaught, he decided to take a different approach. From what he could tell his assailant was charging head on at him, and on the ground he presented a small target. Coupled with the horses' head in the way, even the best of bowman couldn't hit him.

Either by instinct or by divine machination he had mantained his grip on his jade-headed shillelagh. The club LOOKED like a walking stick but in reality it was a simple and effective fighting stick, and the oblong jade head that was lashed to the thick end made it a hybrid between stick and axe. Cumbersome to others, Earnon had learned to wield it with frightening precision as well as lethal speed.

Shouting at the kids to get further away and hide, he feigned like he was injured form the fall as the horseman charged on his steed. This would be a game of inches and seconds, one where the horseman had all the advantages but wasn't assured a victory. He meant to trample Earnon, and perhaps that could be used to his advantage.

The horse drew rapidly close, frighteningly close, and a trampling seemed assured when suddenly the "injured" man rolled out of the horses path and sprang to his feet alongside of the horseman. With a one-handed grip he rotated and swung the shillelagh in a wide but controlled arc, aiming for the lower back of the horseman rather than the horse itself.

He could have sworn he hit the man, but he couldn't check, for another weapon was needed in case the yumi wasn't the only thing he was packing. Sprinting over to the dead animal with surprising speed and no lameness, he untied his bedroll and unfurled it, revealing two swords hidden in the material. Grabbing the longer blade he unsheathed it unceremoniously, revealing a broken blade that perhaps had once been a proud Nodachi. The broken-off swords' jagged broken point caught light at odd angles and gave odd reflections, seemingly a tool for madmen and Oni' rather than a protector of sorts.

Tucking the shillelagh into a specially made loop on his pants, he turned with the sword gripped in both of his hands in a back position, ready to confront the attacker in case he either had missed or survived the crushing blow followed by a fast and long fall.*[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] Kurai samurai (GM)

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kawazoe Tatsuya
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

This thing was a lot tougher than Tatsuya had originally given it credit for. Not that it mattered, it was far too cocky for it's own good.

"You will need more power than that if you wish to kill me."

"Your overconfidence shall be your..." Tatsuya began, but he found himself being interrupted by the chair and sword that were both hurtling towards him. Acting instinctively, he leapt out of the way, escaping the chair just in the nick of time. Coincidentally, he found his neck had been nicked by the blade, and a thin trickle of blood escaped from the cut. That would've been a killing blow... the old ronin thought to himself, moving his hands to his nodachi.

The magistrate's daughter had already been escorted outside to safety, and the room was empty. There was no longer a reason to hold back any longer. His grip tightened around the handle. The nodachi was quite a bit longer than the standard katana, and as a result it was thought it was incompatible with Iaido techniques... and that's exactly the sort of erroneous thinking Tatsuya relied on.

He could end this all now. But even though he was a ronin and answered now to no man save himself, he still had a few standards of honor that he lived by.

"You wish to kill me?" he said, shifting to his ready position, "You seem pretty fast. How about re-sheathing that blade and we settle this in a test of speed, like a proper duel. Of course... I'm wielding this clumsy old nodachi, and you've got a katana. Shouldn't be much of a problem for you..."

19. Space_Chicken

Jul 30, 2005
    -Mr.Stone(It takes more to kill you)
    -Slice'n'Dice(Your sword does more damage)
    -Small Men(You can slip into small places)
    -Skill Master(You deal out more critical hits)
    -5 Ryo
    -Lady Luck!(You get lucky often)

ic: Arai Takeo

Takeo's eyes grew wide as a blade shot towards his heart. He instinctively dropped backwards, falling from the boulder he was sitting on. Scrambling to get back on his feet he jumped back a pace and clumsily prepared to fight. He was trained in a few styles of fighting by the village master at his mothers request but he never felt quite at home on dry land leading to his somewhat ungraceful movement out of the water.

He had no weapons to hand, not that they would do him much good, he much prefered fighting with his hands. However with nothing between him and that sharp blade he was beginning to think strategy. There was a small spring a few yards from where they were, if he could get a bit closer he could use that to his advantage. Until then he still had to deal with the colossal man that was about to turn his bare skin into confetti.

Using his unhampered dexterity he ducked and weaved his way slowly toward the spring. Just as he got closer to the spring he heard the noise he was dreading.

"Takeo! What is this noise..." His mother stood in the doorway of he shop, with a large kitchen knife in hand.

With a swift sidestep and a bit of luck Takeo was back inbetween the deadly stranger and his mother. He grabbed and knife from her and pushed back.

"Mother, run to the village and alert the guards!" He screamed, not once taking his eyes of the titan. He would not allow this beast to harm his mother.

tag: blu

20. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Trail to Nagasaki

The blow from Earnon's shillelagh not only connected, but sent the Kurai flying from horse, making him hit the ground hard, so hard that Earnon could hear the crack. The hit would have broken the spine of any other samurai, but the Kurai indeed, slowly, stood to his feet. Not only was he standing, but he was preparing to attack.

The kurai had drawn his yumi again and arrows were already flying towards the slow Earnon, who had ran to his horse to get a more appropriate weapon to combat this opponent. Arrows hit the ground around his feet, while one hit him in the back and in the shoulder. The thing about an opponent who could strike from a distance was that you needed speed to get to them before they could hurt you. Speed that Earnon alone did not possess.

"You are strong, but slow, Earth Samurai. This is now over. Admit defeat and prepare for death."

The kurai samurai then began to bleed from his mouth, a flowing river of blue and black. Despite him not showing it, the hit to the back had severely wounded him. However, he was still more than a mere threat, as he sent more arrows flying towards the Irishman.

---------------
    Tea Shop, Nagasaki

"Do not try to fool me, Sky Samurai." Said the young Kurai in a voice of a boy being underestimated. He walked into the aisle and crouched into the same position in front of Tatsuya. There was a pause, as there always is before a duel and as there always is before a death.

The young Kurai grinned and dark magic encircled him, something Tatsuya would have never seen before. Even still, the duel started and ended. The Kurai still grinned, then he frowned, and then he died, his blue-black blood staining the wooden ceiling of the tea shop.

Surprisingly, Tatsuya would discover that he was bleeding from a deep wound under his bicep. Before he would have time to inspect it though, he would hear a loud scream from behind the shop. Yumiko was in trouble and Haku was outmatched as he stood in front of three more Kurai Samurai, his lone katana shaking in fear.

-----------------
    Small Island

The man that towered before Arai Takeo's eyes grinned as he looked at the small knife that the young man sought to defend his mother with. He would not kill this boy like this. He had honor.

"I will not harm your mother, but I will not fight you while you are only equipped with that knife, Ocean Samurai."

His mother had tears run down her eyes as she bit her lip. She ran to the back of the kitchen and opened a basket and produced Takeo's father's wakizashi. She switched it with the knife he held and whispered in his ear. "Don't you fight, you run." She then grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him into the back alley, then, to bide her son time, screamed and stabbed the blade into the Kurai's stomach.

The Kurai roared and knocked her to the ground, but did not further harm her. Instead, he turned his sights Takeo and then charged towards the back alley.

Tag: Space_Chicken

--------------
    Market, Nagasaki

The market was a buzz of activity today. It seemed that Matsudaira Haruki was not the only one selling his artwork. Many artists were posted outside the many stores and people were stopping to eat and gamble. It was the Nagasaki life, apparantly. Also obvious, was the fact that many people, women specifically, were taking an interest in Haruki's artwork, or so they said.

They giggled and laughed at the things he said, despite it not being particularly funny, but they glowed and just loved his art. This is not to say that his artwork was not good because it had attracted the attention of a Noble's son, young Yama Akio, who, with his large bodyguards, walked up to Haruki's display. Today was a good day because Akio had alot of money and Haruki could easily spot that.

All would seem

21. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Earnon Ua Neill

[i]*As he had retrieved his blade, Earnon had registered an impact and stinging sensation in his back and shoulder, along with a premature boast from the talented opponent he was facing. However at this point it was only slightly more than a pittance, and with a quick motion he let go of the sword with one hand, reached back, and grasped pulled the arrow out of his back then deftly snapped it with one hand, all while on the run sideways to avoid the arrows.

With a sudden shift in movement he suddenly went from defensive victim to aggressor, charging at the assailant like a runaway avalanche with a renewed two-handed grip, a battle cry escaping bellowing from his lips and reverberating around the landscape*[/i]

"[i][color=green]Faugh a ballaugh![/color][/i]"
    [i]
    *It was the same cry that had caused the disciplined ranks to break when the Irish were charging time and again, and when it was completed he had closed the distance enough to make his move.
    A quick spin generated fearsome momentum for an upwards stroke, the broken blade lashing out with murderous speed. The intent was a fast upstroke and an equally fast downstroke, but not to kill. This attack was designed to disarm the Kunai, literally. He had attacked without provocation or cause, and Earnon intended to get answers from him before he was dispatched.*[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] Kunai (GM)

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Matsudaira Haruki
    Market, Nagasaki

Haruki loved the days he was able to place a stall in the marketplace of Nagasaki. Sure, there were other artists and other services on sale outside the shops, but he was one of only two or three who had caught onto the popularity of the ukiyo-e coming out of Edo. This, along with his natural charisma, allowed for his artwork to usually sell quite well. Yes, he truly enjoyed days like this, especially when his main clientele consisted of the many lovely women in the city.

Taking a sip of tea after flirting his way to selling a particularly mediocre piece to a housewife, he glanced down to his jumonji-yari. Both sat next to him, a reminder of the dangers his life brought and that art wasn't the only thing he had for sell. Setting his tea down he leaned forward on his knees as another particularly attractive group of girls came forward and began to feign interest in his art in order to flirt with him. This song and dance was nothing new to him. If he wanted companionship he'd wait for someone at the end of the day, right now he'd flirt his way to a sell.

A little later in the day he noticed a new mark, a mark of the kind that could take his attention away from most of the women who were trying to get his attention. A noble had taken a liking to his artwork. Obviously the man had been to Edo, or had seen some ukiyo-e in the past, because he immediately gravitated toward's Haruki's stall. As the young man and his two bodyguards approached, Haruki grinned. Money, this many symbolized lots of money if he could only get him to buy just one piece of artwork.

Just as he was about to make a sale to the noble, he noticed a spectacularly beautiful woman with two soot covered men approaching his table. She was a stunner, perhaps the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, but her companions screamed 'poor'. This would not be the way to make money. Flirting, however, never hurt. Returning his attention to the noble, however, as money was the more pressing matter, he finished selling off a piece of artwork. The noble left just as the woman made it to the stall. As Haruki turned to her, he noticed that she never took her eyes off of him nor did she ever look at his artwork.

Something's strange with this woman... he thought to himself as she smiled pleasantly at him and asked, "Are you the famous Matsudaira Haruki?"

With a sly grin on his face, Haruki was able to say, "Well, that depends on how close you are to your two companio-" before he was suddenly interrupted by a man appearing directly behind him.

Still in shock, the man, wielding a sword, warned him "They are here to kill you, Sun!"

Great, the guy knows who I am. Haruki thought as he turned to notice that the woman and her companions were now wielding katanas. The woman having two. Maybe I should've accepted one of the previous offers, Haruki thought as he deftly grabbed his pole-arms and jumped back just barely missing one of the woman's blades as she slashed at his throat.

Sliding to a stop from his jump, he noticed that the man who had warned him of the attack was now fighting the two soot covered men. Taking a look at the woman, he gave a small smile before asking, "I don't suppose we could just call this a misunderstanding and get to know each other a little better? No? Didn't think so." Steeling his nerves he came in fast, using the tri-blade structure of each jumonji-yari to catch any slash she was planning to make with her swords. A jumonji-yari was one blade's worst nightmare, especially wielded with such skill as Haruki had. Two against two still put him at an advantage.

The relative speed of the weapon was also a strong point. A sword required slashing, blocking, and close range. The jumonj-yari, however, could fight at mid-to close range and provide quick piercing strikes. And this is exactly what Haruki took advantage of when he saw the opening. With quick strikes, fast enough to fool the naked eye, he provided a relentless barrage of piercing shots at the woman's body

23. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Ktala has turned in the twins and now all our players will be active!:D Like I said before, since this game is a fast-paced game, you may post more than one attack in your posts, and I will respond as to what hits, what misses, etc. Also, feel free to send me a PM and tell me what you like, dislike, or want to see more of in the game.[face_peace]

---------------
    Trail to Nagasaki

As Earnon sought to close in on the Kurai Samurai, the Kurai put a dozen or more arrows in him, yet the man would not go down. However, he did go down, but not before cutting off an arm and stumbling into the Kurai. Earnon would notice he had several arrows in him, because he was not fast, and also that he was now bleeding profusely as he lay beside the Kurai he had accidentally tackled to the ground.

They laid there for a moment, then the Kurai used his one good arm and pushed himself up, drawing a wakizashi from his back. Blue-black soaked the ground around him and he only got to his knees, but could not move any longer. He bowed his head.

"They said that the Earth Samurai was tough..." He spit blood to the ground. "I thought I could stand a chance, but no. It was an honor to fight you, Earnon Ua Neill." He brought his wakizashi out in front of him. "If you seek information, look for the moon."

Then he stabbed his wakizashi into his stomach, coughed, and slumped over to the ground. He would sleep, forever.

The children came out from the grass and looked at the Kurai Samurai, then at Earnon. One of the boys stepped forward.

"Are you okay Earnon?"

-------------
    Market, Nagasaki

The female Kurai dodged all of Haruki's strikes, except one, which nipped her hip. She kicked the weapon up and away from her to slice Haruki's forearm. It connected, but she quickly backflipped away from him, to evade a retaliating strike.

The market on the bridge had quickly cleared. The women no longer near Haruki, yet they watched from opposite sides of the bridge. The noble young man remained, however, and so did his bodyguards, who had drawn their swords. "Jin, Saji, there is no need. This woman and her companions are not interested in us. Let us watch." Jin and Saji relaxed, but their hands stayed on sheathed swords. This would prove to be very interesting indeed to keep the young Noble's attention.

Ryuunosuke was fairing well against his opponents. He moonstepped behind one Kurai, his blade shooting through him, then moondanced around the other, cutting and slashing until the Kurai fell to his knees, cradling his body. It was almost as if he was painting, how elegantly he disposed of them.

Then he watched Haruki and his opponent. "Yes! Two on one!" His smile quickly faded once he realized a crutial element. "Wait! She's not covered in soot! She's a takai kurai! Sun, we have to go now! She's-" There was a boom and then intense heat, which would not feel hot to Haruki, because he was the sun, but would feel hot to Ryuunosuke as he was blasted off the bridge and into the river below by a fireball.

Whether it registered on Haruki what had just happened or not, the woman did not wait as she shot a similar fireball at him and then went back on the offensive with her blades.

Tag: BSSL(Feel free to dodge the fireball, or no, either way it wont hurt you. And you can proceed with the blade fight[face_peace] )

--------------
    Mount Unzen

The view was breathtaking on top of Mount Unzen. The volcano was active and everyone knew it. Old people said that it would erupt any day. It was in the air, they said. Well, what was in the air, definitively was the amazement that they had climbed over one side of the mountain and were now going to descend to Shimabara Town, near the site of the Shimabara Rebellion.

Amaya and Kenji Kumo had travelled with the group because one of Kenji's past acquaintances had hinted him about a

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Approved!! At last! YIPPIE! :D

Cloud Twins
    Numbers:

Character Sheet

Name: Amaya Kumo
    Appearance: slender and delicate looking, but she is much stronger than she appears. about 5'5", she has long white hair, and a silver-ish sheen to her eyes, which seem to change.
    Equipment & Weapons: Daggers, hidden within a fan, and two within her leggings, Long bow and arrows, quiver, several robes, pants and tunic, makeup kit, flute, bed roll, small lantern, flint and steel, rations, water-skin.

-Brickbreaker(You are top notch in physical strength and power)
    -Nightcrawler(You are better suited for combat at night)
    -Fragile!(You are easily injured)
    -Small Men(You can slip into small places)
    -Skill Master(You deal out more critical hits)
    -20 Ryo

Name: Kenji Kumo
    Appearance: Tall and lanky looking, at 6'6", with dark shoulder length hair that always seems to be in motion, his dark eyes, and tanned skin are a stark contrast to his twin sister.
    Equipment&Weapons: Small dagger, Tri-sectional staff, , several pants and tunic, bed roll, small lantern, flint and steel, rations, water-skin. Small drum, spiked small on a drum.

-Focus!(You almost never miss when you attack)
    -Lady Luck!(You get lucky often)
    -Big Men(You can carry more weight)
    -The You Effect(Your charm is highly effective and people feel compelled to do as you say)
    -Target!(You present an easy target for your opponents. More likely to be hit)
    -34 Ryo

BIOS:

Amaya and her brother Kenji look nothing like twins at first, and look the difference of night and day. Amaya is fair skinned, with long white hair, and silver eyes. She tends to be a bit more giggly and bubbly in demenor around her friends, and loves to play her flute. Amaya loves her brother deeply, and she is fiercely loyal to him, and will defend him, against any who would try to hurt him. Her mood can shift from friendly to angry quickly when provoked.

Her brother Kenji, is more solemn, with shoulder length black hair, and deeply tanned skin. His dark eyes dart about, noticing everything around him, and especially whom he is deeply overprotective of. He cares for his sister, and sees it as his duty to protect her, since he is the 'oldest' by an entire 2 minutes. Their mother used to kid them, saying he was in such a hurry to arrive first, so that he could make sure the way was clear for his sister. Their parents travelled around quite a bit, and they can speak Japaneese, English, and a langauge from the land of their father, called Ebo. They like to speak that language when they dont want others to understand them...their own 'secret' language.

There strange appearance, and the fact that they were twins, was something that caused much talk within their tiny village. They were considered to be omens of good luck to some. Their parents simply wanted to raise their children to be happy. And they were. Amaya studied the flute, the ways of high society, and how to use a bow, and daggers, which she carries with her. She has learned to fletch her own arrows. Her brother preferred the way of the tri-staff, and a strange spiked ball and chain looking weapon, which he can whirl around with deadly accuracy. Their father didnt force him to follow the same trade as his, so Kenji is enjoys playing the Teinko drums, and is studying to building of large ships. Maybe someday, he and his sister will go someplace interesting...

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Amaya and Kenji Kumo - Mount Unzen

Amaya grinned, as she looked around, enjoying the view. It was just so.. so breathtaking on top of Mount Unzen. The volcano was active and everyone knew it. Old people said that it would erupt any day. The climb up had been hard work. Her brother and she were party of a group. They were all heading for Shimabara Town, on the other side. It had been sujusted that they cross the mountain, because one of Kenji's past acquaintances had hinted him about a ship building job that could possibly acquire them funds. Kenji's dream, Amaya called it, his wish for his own small ship. Amaya didnt mind, for she loved to travel. So they had joined an expedition to cross the mountain and now everyone was resting. And the air up here was so crisp and beautiful.

Kenji nodded his head, but he had to admit, it was quite breathtaking. He had kept a careful eye on his sister, making sure she didnt slip, but the leader of the group was good in leading them carefully. And Amaya was no snowflake. She could hold her own quite easily. His enjoyment of the surroundings was disturbed however, by the leader's voive, speaking to a new commer.

"Hello there." The leader of the group, Karo, said to a figure in the distance. The figure was coming from the other side of the mountain, away from Shimabara Town. Strange. What were the odds of running into someone else crossing the mountain. And alone? The only thing on the other side was the Twins' small village and a small port. And he was NOT from their village. The figure soon took shape and color, a dark, soot color. Alarms went off in Kenji's mind, and he quickly gestured to Amaya, who also took note of the stranger.

Karo spoke up. "Hello there. Are you lost traveller?" The man walked right past Karo and headed towards Kenji and Amaya. Amaya rose her fingers tightened the grip of her bow as Kenji stood up in front of her. The stranger had a unique weapon, a large kusarigama, which he now held in his large hands. He was a big man, matching Kenji's height, but easily double Kenji's weight. A walking mountain. A Samurai helmet hid his face. Kenji was about to speak, but the stranger beat him to it, his voice came through clear as the wind.

"Are you Amaya Kumo and Kenji Kumo?" he asked, and then his scythe was flying towards Kenji's heart. Amaya's eyes narrowed, as her bow snapped up quickly, an arrow notched, and ready to go as the stranger attacked her brother.

She held her shot, as her brother responded, by sending out his meteor hammer, whipping the heavy ball forward, to smash the kuma away from him, as he whipped the other end of the chain, to entangle the man's legs. Question of why this man was so interested in him and his sister would have to wait. If he was successful, he would end this 'discussion' with a hammer smash to the head. Amaya then let fly an arrow, and quickly notched the next one, while the stranger was apart from her brother.

Hopefully, they could stop this raging lunatic quickly, before anyone else might become injured.

TAG:blubeast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.