main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA My Halloween was better than I thought it would be.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TieDyeWookie, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Here's the story of my Halloween. My downstairs neighbor is WBOY anchor Christine D'Antonio. You may have seen her on the news. Anyway, I was headed out to the store Saturday night (I called off with a migraine that went away by 9.) to get some beer and celebrate in my own way. I've seen Christine around the building for the past 8 months or so and have become friendly with her. Well, on my way past her apartment the door was open and she came out when I went by and invited me to the Halloween party she was about to have. So I went to the store and came back and there were like 5 or 6 people there already. Keep in mind this was a WBOY party. All the reporters and achors and staff were invited.

Well this one guy caught my eye in an instant. He was dressed in the Ultra Deluxe Darth Vader costume that he disclosed to me he purchased for about $1200. Wow. And it was detailed. He even had a Master Replicas lightsaber.

I had no idea how many WBOY people were Star Wars fans. At one point I had 4 people in MY apartment just to take a look at my life-size Han Solo in Carbonite block. And they all marvelled at my collection.

Then we all went to PJ Kelly's at about midnight. It was a good time. And because of it, I had to call off work again on Sunday.

But it was real fun hanging out with all the WBOY staff. A couple of people I already knew, but partying with them all was a blast. They are all great people and funny as hell.

Well, that was my Halloween.

2. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    Quick update. It was J. Turchetta who dressed as Darth Vader. If you go to WBOY.com then click on the "staff bios" link you can look these people up.

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah, he is really cool. He talked to us alot at the EP. III premire. I should have gone to that party, but I never have any other year, so I figured this year wouldn't have been any different. IF I had gone then I could have finally met you! :) Glad you had an awsome time!

4. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    It was a last minute thing. If I didn't live wear I live I would not have been invited. But I'm glad I went the whole 10 feet from my door to Christine's. It was a great time.

Hopefully we can all set a good time to meet. That would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.