main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My HDV Setup

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by StevenBills, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
  2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Did you get a grant from Sony or something?

The only HD-related things there are the camera and aspects of Vegas, both of which I'd approve. Color-correcting in Vegas is so freakin' easy, provided you know what you're looking for and what to do with it. Also, I only recently discovered the HDR-HC1 and HC3, but I'm probably going to go with the HC1 due to the external mic jack I hear is lacking on the other model.

EDIT: There's some pretty poor reviews on that mic, too. A couple of good ones.. but when I saw the price I imagine I'd be hesitant to go for that one.

3. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    See, I have Premeire Pro available for free use both at my school (film production indy study!) and at the studio. I also have loads of lighting, sound, and tripod equipment, all available at the studio for free, so I am looking for a camera, no real need for anything else. Leaning towards the Sony A1U right now.

4. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Well, I already had Vegas, so I upgraded and then bought Sony stuff. Yeah, Vegas is pretty freakin' sweet.

I was going to get the A1U, but then I found this, and I couldn't resist. This is the camera that I will be filming the war movie with.

SB

5. Petyamester

Petyamester Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2005
    I can't wait...
    Don't forget to post stills!!!

6. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Oh don't worry...:D

7. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Care to explain why you so fell in love with this one? Just out of curiosity.

8. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    Well it's probably one the best, really small, hdv cams out there. Plus it's at a good price.

9. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Well, after the A1 purchase fell through (My parents didn't want me spending that kind of money, among other things), I was going to purchase the HDR-HC1. I had the money in-hand, and then I found out that it was a discontinued model, and that in case of something not working properly, there wasn't a wide range of parts available. Anyways, disappointed, I went back to research, and found that the HC1 had a bigger, although more consumer oriented brother, the HC3. I did some research about it, found some accessories so that it performed up to my expectations, and the rest is history.

SB

10. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Ah.

My parents don't seem to care if I waste money, as long as it's my money :D

11. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Yeah, well, I have other things coming up that they, and I, want to spend it on.

SB

12. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    My parents don't care what I do with my money....I just make them pay for it![face_mischief] Well actually I got my HDR-FX1 as a very early christmas gift.

13. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Lucky you, even luckier when you factor in the company you bought it from...[face_whistling]

14. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I'd go all ballistic about getting that for a christmas present, but hey, this very computer was a birthday present, so i guess everyone has a turn.

The only reason I'm not upgrading from the A1U to a Z1U or something higher isn't really about money, it's about time. I don't care about spending the extra money, but taking the time to earn that much more would hinder the project, so I'm just doing the A1U. Plus the A1U seems a little easier as a personal camcorder, small, not very good at rousing attention, all that I will need when I take it...wherever I am going...to school next fall.

15. jra111

jra111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
  16. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    I'm at school right now, but you can try to google it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.