Beyond My Immortal (OnePostSongfic-Tahiri/Anakin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pixy_girl53, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi. I haven't been here for a while and I hope people aren't shunning me. I just wanted to mention that this is after the Yuzzhan Vong war, though I'm sure you could probably gather that from reading it. I don't generally write songfics, but I was struck with inspiration and it resulted in this. Hope you enjoy.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm so tired of being here
    Suppressed by all my childish fears
    And if you have to leave
    I wish that you would just leave
    'Cause your presence still lingers here
    And it won't leave me alone

Tahiri sat in her room in silence. She was attempting to meditate, but her efforts were failing miserably. This had been a common occurance during the past few months. Something was always disturbing her thoughts, causing her to lose consintration.

The twenty-one year old woman had endured much in her short life, and had always managed to come out on top, barely. Tahiri had learned to control her emotions and supress unpleasant memories in the past six years. It was necessary for survival. Now though, those strict gaurds were less imortant, in this supposed time of peace.

Tahiri was never at peace. Not anymore.

Now that the war was over, she had time to grieve, even if she didn't mean to. The losses that she had experienced in her life were painful, to say the least. She had been doing her best to keep her emotions in check, when in reality it was them that were closing in on her.

She stood up and stretched, looking out her window at the construction occuring around her. She shook her head and turned away, not wanting another reminder of war.

But then, how could she deny war? War had become her life. War was part of her. Fighting for freedom. Friends. Loved ones. To conquer. She even faught for the stupid people who believed that she was the enemy. All the while not even noticing the thirst for battle burning itself into her veins.

She smiled bitterly and traced her fingers over the three protruding scars that still graced her forhead.

The smirk fell from her lips, and her face formed into a numb glare. Today was the anniversary of a day that she pleaded with herself to forget. But she didn't. How could she?

Tahiri layed herself down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling, replaying the memories over and over.

It had been his idea. He had cordinated the entire mission. There were unquestionable risks, but it would be a strong tactical manouver too perfect to pass up. Everyone knew what they had to do, and so it was done.

She wasn't there when it happened, and she still prayed that she could have been. But she knew when it happened. She felt the extreme pain followed by the dull ache that wouldn't go away, and even today hadn't left her. He was just gone. Gone, just like that.

How could it be so simple?

She loved him then, she loved him now. That was why she couldn't forget. He still have a firm grip on her heart, even after being gone for so long. And for that she hated him as well.

These wounds won't seem to heal
    This pain is just to real
    There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    I held your hand through all of these years
    But you still have
    All of me

You used to captivate me
    By your resonating life
    Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
    Your face it haunts
    My once pleasant dreams
    Your voice it chased away
    All the sanity in me

He had been perfect and it had always amazed her and drove her crazy all at once. She was the screw-up with a school-girl crush, and he was the young hero with power and wisdom beyond his years. And yet he picked her, and even when she had tried to stop herself from loving him, she never could.

As strange as she thought it was, he never understood the power he had over her. For so long they had simply been best friends, and the thought of anything but that relationship never crossed their minds. But after a long absense from one another, the rea
  2. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very good. You did a brilliant job conveying Tahiri's feelings. The song you chose fit perefectly, and it is an awesome soeng.

J_J
  3. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you Jedi_Johnson. It was angsty and it was a songfic, something I don't commonly write, but I'm very glad you enjoyed it. I just re-read it and found all my spelling mistakes, which are somewhat embarressing, but oh well. I wrote it fast so my fingers tripped on the keyboard. Gotta go.
  4. Rogue_Even Jedi Knight

star 1
    :( :( Awwww!! First, I have to say, I am a HUGE Evanescence fan, and My Immortal is a beautiful song, and fits Tahiri wonderfully.

And as for your fic...wow. I lurved it. Great work!!! :D Keep it up!
  5. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanx Rogue_Even. I am a huge Evanescence fan as well. I listen to that song over and over again all the time, and finally after about the tenth time that day, I decided to write this. I'm happy that you like it.
  6. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, I just came across this fic. Awesome job! The torment, the angst, it was great! You wrote Tahiri beautifully. :)
  7. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you so much. I'm flattered by your praise.
  8. Ra_Skywalker420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ::trips on thread:: owww---ooo! nice! i loved it! very angsty, BUT GOOD!! tehe!
  9. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I know, annoyingly angsty to me, actually. But hey, what's a teenager without angst right? Thanx a bunch.
  10. jade_stone Force Ghost

star 1
    You definately picked a good song for that story, I have the cd and that's my favorite track on it. Good job!
  11. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks jade_stone. I'm so glad that people have enjoyed this. I form attachments to characters too easily, then my favorites always die. It happened in SW, Scream, countless others. This is my way of expressing denial. I STILL BELIEVE HE COULD COME BACK!!!!! Okay, maybe not, but I'm in denial. Right, kay, gotta go. Thanks again, all who read my story, you're great :D
  12. Jedi_jainafel Jedi Master

star 4
    *Tears up*

Very, very wll done Tahiri one-timer.Made me tear up in all the right places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nina
  13. Qwi_Xux Force Ghost

star 4
    Oops! When I wrote my songfic My Immortal, I didn't realize you had already done one! I'm sorry about that. [face_blush] Looking at the date on yours, I realized it was two days before my son Anakin was born, which is probably why I didn't see it. I was incredibly busy for quite a while.

Anyway, this was beautifully written. Poor Tahiri comes down on herself so hard. She feels like nothing without Anakin. It was heartbreaking. :( Her thoughts and reminders of Anakin, even after so many years, were so strong, as if not much time had passed at all.

I don't know that Tahiri will ever get over Anakin's death. :(
  14. mookalukafisto Jedi Knight

star 1
    awesome story! i love the whole evanescence thing too. you worked it in really good! the song really fits in with it. good job
  15. the_jedi_princess Jedi Master

star 4
    Hee hee. Two A/T Songfic Viggies from the Evanescence album, plus a couple of K/J... Soon the who CD will be represented. :D
  16. pixy_girl53 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Qwi_Xux, I don't mind at all that you wrote a story based with My Immortal. I was grateful for your story. It was so real, dispite the fictional charactors. I'm glad you enjoyed mine as well, and congrats on the baby. They're so much fun, work yes, but you forget that when they fall asleep in your arms at the end of the day and all you do is stare at them, thinking how incredibly lucky you are. I'm not even a mother, just an aunt, and I feel that way. I can't imagine what life was like before Darby.

Thanks to you guys who read it too. I'm super happy you enjoyed it :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.