main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends My Jedi, My Brother, Myself.... AUTHOR NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yay! A cure, a cure! <prays that it'll turn out right> how I loved Han'yaie's masterful comment to the padawan. :D He's the greatest. Can't bear to see Obi suffer - oh, poor Qui-Gon. :_|

Moremoremore....<draws her light-sabre> and you won't go sithly on my padawan, will you? You will stay in the light and post very very soon...<waves hand>

:D

Great job!

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwww yay they found a cure! Yay for the padawan and for Han'yaie! =D=

A most excellent post m'dear ;)

3. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow!
    *sits fidgeting awaiting the next chapter, alternating between biting nails and crossing fingers*

4. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    "Now we finally see what three desperate Jedi can do to work a miracle with the Force?and a little science."

Yayness!

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ouch, poor Obi-Wan. I hope that cure they have works!!
    Great update, more soon!

6. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Joinme- and you explained that salty smell! oh my!

Yay! You caught it! You're such a good reader! ::tossles hair::

snowbee-wan- We'll soon see...

Princess_Arulmozhi- ::points to Layren:: Thank the creator...I merely breathe into him every once and a while. :}

Layren- ::bows:: Thank you, Master.

Jennifer_Lyn- Oh please don't bite your nails at least. lol

Darksaber- heehee Your ethusiasm is catching.

Bastet- I will do more soon. Either tonight (dodging storms) or tomorrow.

7. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Noooooo!!!!!!! MY OBI-WAN!! I WILL SAVE YOU!!! *runs off with the antidote to his room*

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Anya felt her inexperience as she inquired, "What? What is the Trandorian plague? It was cured, right, Master?"

Han'yaie briefly closed his eyes and shook his head once. "A cure was found only after all the settlers who had contacted it died, and so the cure was never tested. My master named the plague after a deadly world on the fringes of the Outer Rim because of that very fact. We never discovered if the 'cure' we developed would actually work."

"So Obi-Wan is going to die? And the children of this world? There's nothing that can be done?" she asked, stunned by horror.

[face_worried] Oh, oh! Obi-Wan's "time is near", and the only 'cure' is one that hasn't been tested? :eek:

And, poor Qui-Gon! [:D]

[face_idea] *grabs picket sign* Save our Obi! Save our Obi! Save our Obi! Save our Obi!

PLEASE! [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    JediGaelia- ::is amused:: Interesting that you can save Obi with an antidote that hasn't even been invented yet. You must be able to travel in the future... lol

Star_Drifter- Haven't seen you in a while, though I've been keeping you busy through PMs, lol. As Mr. Arnold would say in Jurassic Park, "Hold on to your butts."

Okay, I finally got the weather to cooperate with me so I could finish the next chapter and get it to ya'll. Here ya go!

10. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Ten

"Why should we help them?" Level Seven Scientist Lutat demanded hotly, his small eyes narrowed to the point of almost nonexistence. "You know what this plague was originally designed for: our planet, our younglings!"

Han'yaie was very glad Qui-Gon was not present in the facility to hear this. Every Jedi had their temptations that would lead them to the dark side of the Force, and the Healer suspected that Qui-Gon's lay with threats to his padawan that were layered in arrogance and pride.

Master Yoda, however, was the very picture of calm. "Not the Jedi way that is. When suffering there is, help others we must. Blame we place not. Time for that there is not."

Lutat was not convinced. "I have already told Councilwoman Gunarie of this outrage! She wishes us on the first transport back to Jyniaire?"

"Would you honestly allow the children of Yanark to die because of one person's stupidity?" Anya broke in hotly, not able to contain herself. Obi-Wan's face flashed before her eyes, pale and covered with fluid-filled blisters. "Or a Jedi padawan?"

"Padawan! Enough!" Han'yaie barked quickly, though his tone was not as harsh as it could have been. She was merely voicing what he himself felt. "The point is," he said to the scientists sternly, "that it no longer matters to whom this plague was aimed to infect. The fact remains that the plague is ravishing the children of this planet, and the reality that a human child contacted it also means that there is risk of galaxy-wide contamination. If we don't stop it here and now, it will find its way to your planet?you might even be carriers now, for all we know?and then to others. The future of all worlds will be endangered if you do not help find a cure."

Silence reigned in the facility. The Jedi were quiet, allowing the scientists to absorb the Master Healer's critical words.

Finally, Level Seven Scientist Horashu unbent his long arms and laid a thin-fingered hand on Han'yaie's shoulder. "We will do what we are able," he assured them in his soft-spoken manner. "I have already broken down the cure for the original virus. Fascinating."

Han'yaie was impressed and allowed the elder scientist to lead him to his workstation. "Have you simulated working formulas yet?"

"I have a sample that should be ready in another few minutes," Horashu confirmed. He gestured to a long tube that glowed faintly. As the group watched, a small light changed from red to green and a faint hiss issued from the lid. "That should be the original cure now."

For the next several hours, the Jedi and scientists worked in tandem in order to clarify that the original cure was, in fact, what Han'yaie's master had intended it to be. A newly sick Yanarkan youth was brought in and, with the tearful consent of his family, injected with the original vaccination.

"It won't cure him," Han'yaie gently explained to them, "but it may slow down the effects of the plague before it goes too far through its stages. The next several hours of checking his blood and comparing it to others at his stage will show how we are succeeding. What is his name?"

"Qualy," the boy's mother provided. "Can we stay with him?"

Yoda hobbled up to them. "Move him we should to the medical facility. In Obi-Wan's room he must go."

Han'yaie sensed confusion from his padawan and answered her question before it was asked. "Most of the blood work is kept at the hospital anyway. They have the same facilities there for comparison as we do here, and Qualy will be more comfortable there. Also, there are doctors trained to treat him there, and not here. Once he is settled in Obi-Wan's room, if we can get the plague to hesitate in Qualy, then we can start to deviate the cure's code and inject both Qualy and Obi-Wan with our new cures. We should see a quicker change in Qualy than Obi-Wan since Obi-Wan is farther along."

The parents, satisfied, turned away to alert the medical doctors of their son's impending arrival. Anya waited until they wer

11. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

:_| :_|

Ok, I think *sniff* I can comment now.

:_| :_|

Maybe..not.

This was a great update, really good!

But so sad.. [face_worried]

On the other hand however, I am glad everyone is working together for the cure. Although this plague has been really horrible, at least it is making the two planets come together..

I hope Qualy's trial will prove successful!

I can't wait to find out...

I hope you will update soon!

[face_praying]

12. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    SNIFF SNIFF

Please post more soon, your breaking my heart.

SNIFF SNIFF

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Wonderful post...but oh so sad!!
    Cannot wait for more!

14. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Qui-Gon buried his face in Obi-Wan's chest and wept.

Noooo!

*Gets similar picket sign*

*stands next to Star_Drifter*

Save him! He can't die!

15. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    NOOOOOO!!! Not another cliff-hanger! :_| :_| :_|

16. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Qui-Gon held Obi-Wan's hand to his chest and poured strength to Obi-Wan from his own reserves, not caring at how depleted he would feel later. "Fight for me, Obi-Wan; fight. Promise me you will fight!"

Obi-Wan sighed in a tired way but he struggled to smile at Qui-Gon. "I?promise?to fight, Master. Hurry?"

Then he sank into a coma, where not even Qui-Gon could reach him.

Qui-Gon buried his face in Obi-Wan's chest and wept.

Noooooooo! He can't die! :_| :_| :_|

It's all my fault for missing a post! :(

Come on, Darksaber, "Save our Obi! Save our Obi! Save our Obi!"

17. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    OOps, forgot to put that the new chap was up on the title link. Oh well, at least some of you found it. There are going to be some surprised readers when they see this next chapter and go "That's not where I was..."

Although, I think ya'll are going to hurt me for this next chapter anyway. haha I'm dabbling on the dark side and it's fun.

Joinme- Yep, it's making them work together, though I can't blame Lutat for not wanting to help them after he discovered what the plague was originally intended for, or should I say 'whom'.

AngryWarrior- Welcome to my little tissue fest! heehee

Snowbee-wan- Glad you're liking it! Hang in there with me...

Darksaber- Never been picketed before... lol

LilQuiGon- But I'm good at those! lmbo And I'm near the end. I typically like to do those a lot at the end, haha!

Star_Drifter- At least you didn't miss the chapter, lol. Ya'll must have me on Topic Notification...either that or you cruise on here more than I do, heehee.

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eleven

Qui-Gon allowed tears to fall down his cheeks as he prepared his padawan's body for the Jedi funeral rites. Lovingly, he wrapped Obi-Wan in the young Jedi's brown robe and arranged his blister-scarred hands on his waist. The Council had granted him the right to cut Obi-Wan's padawan braid from his head since Obi-Wan had conducted himself like a Knight on their last several missions. Without it, Obi-Wan looked older and more mature.

He was so still.

Obi-Wan's face was porcelain, marred only by the few red circles of blisters that had lingered on his face after his coma. Finally, after a long five days of pain-filled existence, his Jedi son was now at peace in the Force. Never again would those blue eyes sparkle at him as Obi-Wan smirked a reply to his master; never again would Qui-Gon hear that controlled voice ask him a question about the inner workings of the Force. The arms would never handle a lightsaber, the legs propel the youth into the air to avoid danger, the body relax on his sleepcouch after a long day of sparring.

How empty would his life now become after losing his last reason to care about others, or life? Since the journey back to the Temple to allow Obi-Wan a proper funeral, Qui-Gon already felt like he was merely a husk, a hollow shell, that had no purpose other than to say farewell to Obi-Wan, surrounded by Obi-Wan's friends.

His friends. How they had wept in the hanger when Qui-Gon had steered Obi-Wan's body out of the transport on a repulsorgurney! The Calamarian girl, Bant, had looked so mournful and pale that Qui-Gon had been concerned.

When he inquired to her health, she sniffed and choked out, "You just never believe that something will happen to you as a padawan. Obi-Wan would have wanted to die protecting someone, or fighting for justice as a Knight. Not like this?"

"He did die protecting someone, Bant," Qui-Gon had replied stiffly. "We were able to use his blood to find a cure for the children of Yanark. He saved the entire planet."

She nodded. "It's what he would have liked?"

Qui-Gon tenderly smoothed Obi-Wan's slightly spiky hair and tried not to think of how much he was going to miss his padawan?

~~~~

With a slight gasp, Qui-Gon sat bolt upright in his chair. Somehow, against his will, he had fallen asleep in the medical facility. Shaking off the disturbing dream, he visually checked on his apprentice to make certain that Obi-Wan was still breathing. Assured by the ragged rise and fall of Obi-Wan's chest, he stood and pressed the toggle to call on Doctor Ba'nai in the early morning hour.

Her voice came back alert and strong. "What can I do for you, Master Jedi?"

"Have you taken the latest blood sample of Qualy back to the scientific facility yet?" Qui-Gon asked her. As he spoke the word 'blood', something tried to tug at his memory, something he needed to remember, something important?

"Yes, about thirty standard minutes ago," Doctor Ba'nai interrupted his train of thought. "And, before you ask, the original cure has stalled the first stage of the plague, but beyond that does nothing to help Qualy."

Qui-Gon thought about that a moment. "That gives us something to work with, at least." What was he forgetting? "How is Obi-Wan?"

Ba'nai's answer was hesitant. "He's?at the final stage. I don't expect him to wake from his coma, which will be a blessing. My assistants have had to change his bandages three times in the last hour because of all the blood. If they need to be redressed, please inform us, Master Qui-Gon."

After telling her he would, Qui-Gon broke the contact and stared at Obi-Wan, again feeling that certainty that he was overlooking something as he watched his padawan's chest pause between breaths. His dream had been so vivid and real?was it a vision of the possible future? Qui-Gon did not have visions often, but when he did they usually came true.

Was Obi-Wan doomed to die?

Blood?the cure?

Suddenly, memory shifted and he heard himself telling Bant in the vision, "He

19. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    GASP!! OH NO!!! [face_worried] Pooor obi-wan!!

This... is... so... sad... wow... I am utterly speechless...

20. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

oh my god, you are so evil!!!

that first bit basically stopped my heart-

and then Im relieved its only a dream,

and then Im scared it could be a vision and now...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:_| :_| :_| :_|

no! I refuse to believe it! He can't be dead, not now that they've found the cure!

Yoda foresaw that he'd become a Jedi knight! so ha!

You cant kill him!

he is not dead. [face_not_talking]

its someone else... I know it....

but fantastic heart stopping chapter here Durhelediel! I only wish you could update soon.... [face_praying]

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!! :_| :_| First, you scare me half to death with that dream of Qui-Gon's, and then...then... Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!! :_| You killed Obi-Wan, didn't you?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :_|
    *has heart attack* :(

22. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Falls down in tears... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you killed Obi-Wan....bring him back to life, please for all of our sakes and Qui-Gon's.

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Star_Drifter suggested I read this, and I must say wow! =D= =D= =D= I really enjoyed all of it! You are wonderful with cliff hangers, and I really enjoyed it. :D :D :D

I loved where you left it off here. :D Must be the Sith in me, but I don't mind Obi death. [face_mischief] *ducks incase of rotten fruit being thrown*

Wonderful job! :)

I eagerly await the next part.

Could you please PM me when you update?

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-manaic

24. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    OMG! With that first line I was like Wait, the last post said he was in a coma...not DEAD!!

Then there's the wonderful relief that he's not dead.

Now there's this awful cliffie!!! It can't be true...can it?
    Can't wait for more!

25. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    I have a good memory for the fics I am following, especially those which are updated often.
    I still can't understand how I missed a post! [face_thinking]

"Master Jinn, I'm sorry?" The doctor paused, the sadness in her tone telling Qui-Gon her next words before she spoke them. "We lost him."

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

*grabs picket sign* :mad: Durhelediel, you'd better run!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.