main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends My Jedi, My Brother, Myself.... AUTHOR NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~cries out in agony~

How COULD you???

~screams~

You killed our Obi!

~growls lowly~

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG! :mad:

~runs to her Master~

Master! :_| She killed Obi!

~cries as she is no londer able to speak~

:_| :_| :_|

2. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Ah! No! Gonna cry now!
    Love this story. Love Qui's nickname "Qui-Pain Jinn" I love the Healer records and it's great to see Han'yaie using it on him!

3. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    evil... spawn... of satan.... for making us think he was dead, then alive, then dead again! Make up your mind already! LOL

4. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    No! She killed him! It can't be! No! Nooooooooooooooooo!

*cries, pounding floor*

You killed Obi-Wan!

How could you?

I ha....Strongly dislike you!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok, think about this rationally...

1) The healers made a mistake

2) They didn't, but they're able to save him

3) Everyone thinks he's dead, like in Fire and Ice, but he's not....and wakes up at or before his funeral...

He cannot be dead!

-A very mournful, teary Padawan Jodie-Wan

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooo. You can't kill Obi-Wan!

For some reason reading the other reviews reminded me of monty python :p

"I'm not dead!"

"Yes he is he'll be stone dead in a moment..."

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :eek: ....[face_worried] .... :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

7. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow! 12 replies! I think I got just about all of you to threaten me on that one, lol.

Gaelia- Cool! I've done the impossible! ;)

Joinme- heehee, when I got the idea to do that, I giggled for nearly an hour. lol

Bastet- ::performs CPR:: Come back! You have to keep reading!

Angrywarrior- Told you it was a tissue fest!

Ani- Welcome! And thank you very much! I enjoy leaving my readers breathless. [face_batting]

snowbee-wan- Just the reaction I was hoping for. :D

Star_Drifter- ::ducks, covers head and runs:: TOld you that you'd want to hit me with your picket sign!

Seven- ::hands box of tissues::

Jennifer_Lyn- Layren came up with Qui-Pain Jinn and Han'yaie's healer records. She even has a fic of Qui-Gon's records! It is really funny! Check with her to find it on the boards.

Gaelia- back again? lol

Darksaber- Ah, a loyal Fire and Icer! Wonderful! Oh, and we decided to scrap that epilouge. It just wasn't working right.

Layren- "Bring out your dead!"
    "But I'm not dead yet!"
    "Shut up!" lol

LilQui-Gon- ::comforts:: See? A new chap...go read.

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Twelve

I won't allow it.

He didn't grant himself the time or room to explore the thought further than those four words as he sprinted outside.

I won't allow it.

He spied an idle landspeeder to his right and turned toward it. Where the owner was, he neither knew nor cared. Jumping inside, he quickly adjusted the seat and took off at a breakneck speed.

I won't allow it.

Then another thought crept upon him.

Not this close. I won't allow it.

Grim, jaw set in a thin line, Qui-Gon steered the landspeeder through the crowded streets. Nearly clipping several other speeders and airbikes, he dared not slow his speed. He felt a chrono inside of him in place of his heart, ticking away precious seconds, seconds that screamed of a fading presence in the Force.

Not this close. I won't allow it.

Flipping the landspeeder around like a madman, Qui-Gon jerked the vehicle to a stop in front of the medical facility's critical care doors. He wasted no time vaulting out of the seat and racing into the facility, all the while clutching the precious hydrospray of cure.

"Master Jinn!" Doctor Ba'nai gasped as he galloped into view. "What??"

But he was already past her and dashing into Obi-Wan and Qualy's room, rushing to his padawan's side, knowing that time was so very close if he were to succeed at this crazy idea of his, not wanting anyone to stop him from using the only cure that was available on a "dead" Jedi.

For he knew, through their bond, that Obi-Wan had not fully left him yet. Not yet. And if he could inject the cure, maybe, just maybe, he could gather his padawan back to him so that he would not have a broken heart. It was worth a try. It was worth his title of Jedi Master. It was worth everything to him, just on the slimmest chance that Obi-Wan would return to him.

Obi-Wan had to return to him!

Not this close. I won't allow it, Qui-Gon thought as he pressed the hydrospray against Obi-Wan's cooling neck and injected its vital contents into the young man's bloodstream. Come back to me, Padawan. I won't allow you to die this way. You're not supposed to die this way.

"Master Jinn, what is the meaning of this?" Doctor Ba'nai demanded hotly as she followed him into the medical room. Qualy lifted his head from his own bed to watch in amazement as the Jedi and doctor squared off at the foot of the other boy's bed.

Qui-Gon gestured to Obi-Wan. "I just gave him the cure?"

"You wasted a cure on a boy that has already died? How could you be so selfish? There is another boy in this room, Master Jedi, and he will die without that which you just wasted on your apprentice. I'm sorry that Obi-Wan died, but you really should have used the cure on someone who would benefit from it!" The doctor practically yelled at him, losing all pretense of controlling her temper. "He is dead. No heartbeat, no breathing?can you not see that with your own eyes?"

Very calmly, almost too quietly to hear, Qui-Gon stated, "He is not fully dead. I can feel him through the Force, Doctor Ba'nai. If I did not gamble this, my last chance, then Obi-Wan truly would die. I cannot sit by and let him slip away from me if I think I can save him."

Furious beyond words now, Doctor Ba'nai gaped at him, then spun on her heel and strode from the room.

Qui-Gon returned his attention to his padawan. Just like in his vision, Obi-Wan was still, no movement of his chest, no fluttering of his long eyelashes, not even a twitch or jerk of pain. His face was pale and slightly sunken into his face, though Qui-Gon refused to believe that that was a condition of death.

Focusing into the Force, Qui-Gon quested for Obi-Wan, and again felt his padawan there, just barely, but there. Yet even as he stretched for his apprentice, he could feel Obi-Wan drifting away from him.

The cure had not worked.

I will not allow it. Not this close. I will not allow it. I will not? I will not?

Qui-G

9. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Beautiful. I found myself holding my breath in anticipation...and I don't normally react to stories like that. You do a wonderful job conveying emotion without going over the top.

10. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    :_| That was so beautiful!

<hugs her padawan> There, now. She brought him back. Even if she did go all sithly for a moment and almost kill him...grrr.[face_devil] :D

Yay! Obi's back! Now for some mush. Oooh, mush. [face_love]

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You brought him back? Oh well, you can't kill him off all the time. *sigh*;)

*once more ducks incase of rotten fruit*

Wonderful post! You certainly made sure that it was a close call. :D :D :D

Incredible job! [:D]

And thank you so much for the PM. :)

Ani-maniac

12. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

*great sigh of relief*

He's ALIVE!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

This was a wonderful update, it had me on the edge of my seat, holding my breath...

I'm so glad Qui-Gon didn't give up! [face_dancing] [face_love]

I also loved how all the other Jedi joined in, that was so sweet...:_|

and the excruciating wait for Obi-Wan to breathe again.. [face_worried]

I can't wait until you update again! Please let it be soon... [face_praying]

13. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Should I, or shouldn't I?

Okay. [:D] Thank you for saving Obi-Wan. [:D]

But you're lucky that you were too fast for me to catch with that sign! ;)

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay!!! They all saved him! Obi-Wan's alive!!

15. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~clings to her Master in astonishment~

Yay! She brought him back!

I'm okay now!

But I tell you, Don't you ever do that again! :mad: Never never never!

But as long as you make it up to me with some nice mush... I guess I can forgive you. Specailly since we have Obi back.

Seven

16. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh, wow! I held my breath for that entire post.

With a great gasp that sounded more like a cry, Obi-Wan opened his mouth and finally breathed.

Yay! He's alive! Oh, yayness! Joy to the universe, Obi-Wan is alive!!!!

*skips merrily around*

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Whew, that was a close one! Good thing you saved me, thanks. ;)

Hallelujah, you saved Obi-Wan!!! :D [face_love] =D= I was on the edge of my seat there for this whole post, gah! I loved how Qui-Gon stole a landspeeder to race back to the hospital. And the way all the Jedi pulled together to bring Obi back, very very nice. [face_love]
    No heart attacks this time, but please post more soon! [face_praying] I need mush now...

18. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    wonderful post!!!!
    =D= Loved it!

I too am looking forward to some mush!! :)

19. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    *Dries tears* He's alive!!! [face_dancing]

20. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *Reads Seven's post at the top*
    What??? No!!! :_|

*Reads the fic*
    Oh, ok. So he's not dead- phew.
    *Heart resumes normal pulse speed*

But now...he just has to get better.
    *Crosses fingers*

21. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Dragonlady- ::bows head:: Thank you! I try not to overdo it and most of the time wonder if I've succeeded. And welcome!

Princess- lol Yes mush-but explanations first...

Ani- You are most welcome! Of course it had to be a close call! lol This is Star Wars, is it not? :}

Joinme- I was on the edge of my seat writing it! I didn't realize untiil I re-read it how tense it ended up, but I was very pleased with it.

Star_Drifter- heehee I'm a fast runner when I'm being chased.

"Why don't you try out for the team? You're a fast runner."
    "I don't think anyone should have to run unless they are being chased."
    "'Being chased'? Hm, I like that..." -The Faculty

Layren- :} Thought you'd enjoy Han'yaie's last threat there at the end of the chapter, heehee.

Seven- Of course he's back! I only went all evil in the alternate ending of Adrift. And like I told the Princess, mush is after explanations.

Darksaber- Yep, he's alive! And I hope you read fast, if you held your breath as you read!

Bastet- Mush later, explanations now. Glad I had you on the edge of your seat! An author loves to know if an intention is met when they write, and for that chapter I wanted it to be suspenseful and tense. Glad to see it worked. :}

snowbee-wan- ::points to replies to Princess, Seven and Bastet:: First come explanations...aren't ya'll curious as to why Obi-Wan's blood held the cure? lol And no, I don't believe in being an author who simply ignores the answer to the cure, whatever it may be. I like to make sure I do the "real" author thing and explain why.

LilQui-Gon- Oh ye of little faith! lol

PadawanEstel- Yeah, smooth sailing for him now, though this next chapter picks up a week later, as you'll see.

22. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Thirteen

"Can I get up now?"

"No."

"But I feel much stronger now?"

"No."

"See, I can lift my arms and legs without shouting?"

"No."

"And my skin doesn't shift under my skeleton anymore?"

"No."

"I promise I won't overdo it."

Han'yaie glanced over at Obi-Wan, his look stating plainly that he sincerely doubted his last statement. "And who is your master?"

Blue eyes blinked in confusion. "Qui-Gon Jinn."

"Exactly. You will stay precisely where you are, in that bed, until you are cleared by myself or Doctor Ba'nai, do you understand, Padawan Obi-Pain Kenobi?"

Obi-Wan did not seem the least intimidated and actually chuckled. "You need to find better nicknames for your patients, Master Han'yaie. You're starting to get repetitious."

Han'yaie stared at him a moment with an open mouth, then blinked and closed it. He left the room, muttering something about "like Master, like Padawan", and nearly ran headlong into Qui-Gon. Seeing who it was in front of him, he stopped, poked a finger into the tall Jedi's chest, and commanded, "He is not to leave that room or that bed!" Then he rounded the corner and was out of sight.

Qui-Gon watched him go with a smirk on his face and then turned to his grinning padawan. Lifting a brown eyebrow as he sank into a self-conforming chair, he remarked, "Moved on to torturing Han'yaie already, are you? You must be feeling better."

"That's what I tried to tell him, but he refuses to let me out of this bed," Obi-Wan confided. "Master, I feel restless. I've been stuck in here for nearly a week now. Surely I've progressed enough that I can at least stand up!"

The elder Jedi sobered, a cloud seeming to form over his eyes. "Obi-Wan," he began gently, "you nearly died. The plague almost won. If Han'yaie hadn't found the cure and I hadn't broken all conventional rules to give it to you, I would be preparing you for your funeral rites at the Temple right now."

Obi-Wan sighed and settled to a more comfortable position on the bed. "Can you explain to me, finally, what exactly happened with that cure? Han'yaie won't tell me more than 'ask later' and Master Yoda is so busy helping the Yanarkans administer the cure to the children that I haven't had a chance to ask him."

"That I can do," his master promised him and promptly rearranged himself on the chair to sit in it backwards so he could lean his long arms on the chair's back. "I had a vision of your death?" He explained about the vision and how he had used it to figure out that he needed to seek the answer for the plague's cure in Obi-Wan's blood.

As Qui-Gon expected, Obi-Wan was confused. "In my blood? What was so special about my blood that would hold the cure for a plague I had never seen before?"

Qui-Gon smiled at him. "That's the thing, isn't it? You had never been exposed to this plague before?or, more correctly, this strand. When you entered the Temple as an initiate, you were given several weeks of immunization shots. One of those was something Master Han'yaie's own Jedi Master had put together?"

"Let me guess," Obi-Wan broke in dryly. "It was the vaccination for the original plague strand."

Pride flowed into Obi-Wan through their bond. "Correct. Even though Han'yaie's Master never knew if his cure worked or not, to try to prevent the plague from ever wiping out all the Jedi children if it arrived on Coruscant, he included that untried vaccination in the immunization regimen. That, and the Force, helped you resist the plague in its first stage. As you grew older, your body adapted the cure in its own way to make it stronger and more viable. When Han'yaie and the scientists broke down your blood, they discovered a variant that was weak, but was the original plague cure, simply modified. From what little I understand, they drew out the variant, made it much stronger, and then injected it into a sample of Qualy's blood. Within twenty standard minutes the plague was destroyed. We had the cure."

Obi-Wan wa

23. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    I get really excited when I see updates for this great fic. :D

This was a wonderful post! Less tension... *sigh of relief*

Ha ha Han'yaie, I love him. :D

The beginning bit was so funny!

I also liked the explanation of the cure, fantastic stuff...

Can't wait for the next chapter! [face_dancing]

24. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    *looks around warily to assure that no one can see her un-Sith like reaction* ;)

That was wonderful. I loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. It was so sweet! [face_love]

And.. *looks around again* I guess I am glad that Obi-Wan made it. ;)

Wonderful post, I can't wait for the next one. [:D]

And thank you so much for the PM. :)

Ani-maniac

25. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Aw! That was nice.

And I am very glad that Obi-Wan is bugging the healers. It is a wonderfully sure sign that he's on his way up and out. And your explainations where wonderful, and the little whisps of fluff are showing. But I want more.

More please?

Seven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.