Before My Jedi, My Brother, Myself.... AUTHOR NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Awwww hehehe poor Obi-Wan is all restless and wanting to get up out of bed :D I certainly can sympathize :p

Loved how Obi-Wan said Han'yaie's nickname was getting repititious *snicker*

Nice thing to wake up to! Glad I woke up a little early so I could post ;)
  2. Star_Drifter Jedi Knight

star 3
    There are things I need to say?"

Obi-Wan met his gaze calmly, suddenly seeming older than his seventeen years. "I know, Master. I need to speak with you as well..."

[face_love] I can't wait to find out what they say to each other! [:D]

Thank you for not killing Obi-Wan! @};- @};- @};-
  3. -Darksaber- Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Rest well, my Jedi,"

Aww! I'm so glad Obi-Wan is bugging the healers. He must be feeling better...
  4. Jennifer_Lyn Force Ghost

star 4
    Whew! Caught up on the last two chapters!
    The cure worked, hurray!
    Wonderful work and really inventive plot!
    An epilogue, there is?
  5. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, such a great post! [face_love] Loved that Obi saved all the Yanarkan children, and of course that they saved him too! Glad to see that he's back to his old self again, bugging healers, hee hee. I too can't wait to hear what he and Qui are going to say to each other. :D
    Can't wait for more! [face_batting]
  6. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    What a great post. So sweet, yet so interesting too with the explanation for the cure!
    Wonderful as always!
  7. corellian-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Wonderful! [face_love]

I loved Obi-Wan's restlessness. (Although if I were the healer, I'd love to stab him with a sleep-inducing needle. [face_devil])
  8. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Joinme- Glad you liked the beginning of the chap! Thought that after the tension-filled chap before it some light banter was needed so none of my readers ended up with a heart attack, lol!

Ani- Oooh, I'm telling my dark Lord husband on you!!!

Seven- More is forthcoming, though not tonight I'm afraid. I planned on my parents coming over this weekend, and found out tonight that not only are they coming, but another family of four is coming as well. Nice warning, huh? I've been frantically cleaning all night, and it's no small task: I have to clear the spare bedroom of still-packed boxes to have enough floor room for four--the room is half buried, so you get a good idea of all I have to do. Not only that, I have to do what I originally planned and clean the boxes out of the living room as well for my parents to sleep! All this on top of an eight-hour practicum/job and classwork. No rest for the weary, I suppose...

Layren- Wow! Thank you for the compliment, Master! :} And I knew you'd like that remark, heehee.

Star_Drifter- Yeah, me either, lol! I haven't had a chance to write the next chapter yet (see reply to Seven for reason).

Darksaber- That he is!

Jennifer_Lyn- Probably not, but it's not over yet...

Bastet- Yin and yang. :}

snowbee-wan- Aww! ::blushes:: Thank you! I'm glad the explanation made since to all of ya'll. I was hoping it made since to more than just me, lol.

corellian-jedi- Welcome! I don't recall seeing you before, though you may have posted somewhere and I can't remember, lol. It happens. And I like your idea... I might use it in another fic, haha!

Wow, with all this expectation for the fluff and conversation between Obi and Qui, I hope that I don't disappoint!!
  9. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chapter Fourteen

The young man in the medical bed looked so peaceful and alive that Qui-Gon did not have the heart to wake him at the end of the appointed two hours. Instead, he studied every movement his padawan made as he breathed, again caught by the realization at how close he had come to losing Obi-Wan.

Ever since Tahl's death, he had wanted to shut out the galaxy. He had wandered around in a haze that was neither quite alive nor quite dead. To him, nothing was as vibrant without Tahl's loving presence to support him, or without hearing her throaty voice as she bickered with him to force him to come to a conclusion he should have arrived at long before. He had felt less than whole.

Then Obi-Wan's patience with him in his grief, his solid support through his worst days, came crashing in on him on their mission to Vorzyd 4. He had finally seen that he had never been alone through those dark days: Obi-Wan was always there to steady him when he would have fallen, to watch over him when he did not care to do so himself, to be a brother to him as he should have been to his apprentice. In the short week before their mission to Yanark, he had talked more with Obi-Wan about his loss, finding the young man a patient listener and calming presence to be around.

When had Obi-Wan become so wise, so?grown-up? When had his padawan become more of a Jedi, more like a son, and lessened the distance that Qui-Gon had tried so very hard to put between them? How did Obi-Wan become the echo of his thoughts, the precursor to his movements?

When did Obi-Wan become more like Qui-Gon himself? Smart-mouthed, quick-witted, quirky and dependable?with his own flaws, but no less of a person for admitting them?

How could Qui-Gon not have seen the change of his padawan from boy to man?

"How long have you been here?" a tenor voice groggily broke into Qui-Gon's thoughts.

Qui-Gon smiled down at his padawan, who was blinking the sleep from his eyes and readjusting himself in the bed so that he was sitting up instead of lying down. "A little while."

"You didn't wake me," Obi-Wan accused, narrowing his eyes.

"You needed the rest," Qui-Gon mildly pointed out.

His padawan sighed. "So how goes the war? Did you succeed in getting Yanark and Jyniaire to reach an agreement to end it?"

Qui-Gon nodded. "Though Master Yoda took over most of the negotiations so I could watch over you as you recovered. It seems that Councilwoman Gunarie is prepared to overlook Councilman Lensap's original intentions for the plague if he agrees to certain conditions of repair. He hasn't put up much of a fight now that the children are being cured."

Obi-Wan bent his arm too far in one direction in an effort to gesture for his next comment and ended up groaning softly instead. He tried to hide a brief grimace of pain, but Qui-Gon was not easily fooled.

"You're still having pain when moving." It was a statement, not a question and not inviting a half-truth of any sort.

His padawan sighed. "Not as much as before. It lessens the more I rest."

Qui-Gon's eyes sparkled. "Don't worry, I won't tell Han'yaie."

Obi-Wan grinned.

~~~~

He had been startled to see his master staring thoughtfully at him when he woke. Now he could tell, underneath the light banter, that Qui-Gon was thinking very seriously about something. His master, he knew, would get to the discussion in his own time and in his own way.

So he responded cheerfully enough, "You'd have to break four bones to keep him from noticing. Are you offering?"

The gray-green eyes were amused. "Not a chance. Not that I don't care for you, Obi-Wan?"

"?but you'd rather stay away from the Healer. I understand," Obi-Wan finished, hiding his startled notice of his master's sly way of telling him that he cared for him. He wanted to find a way to answer in kind, though if Han'yaie had told him his message?

His cheeks burned. "Master, about what I had Master Han'yaie tell you?" he began, but Qui-Gon held up a hand to silence him.

"Padaw
  10. JOINME Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan was sure he was dreaming. Or dead. Maybe he had died after all and this was the Force telling him his master's deepest thoughts. If that were so, he'd better tell Qui-Gon how he felt about him, as well. To obtain the proper balance in the Force, that was. Yes, that was the reason.

Aw, that was a lovely moment of mush. :) A great catharsis. *Relieved*

I loved their talk! I also loved Qui-Gon acknowledging how much Obi-Wan has changed and grown..

and the banter is cute as always. :)

I loved the ending, that was great.

So that was the conclusion? Wonderful! I hope to see more from you! You write JA so well. :)

This story has been a pleasure to read.
  11. JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that was such a powerful ending! It reminded me of a love between father and son, more than brothers... I really loved their talk, it just left me breathless. I hope your next story is as good as this one! I cant wait!
  12. Ani-maniac Force Ghost

star 4
    I am doing this far too much lately but... *cloaks self in the Force* ;)

That was amazing! It is so wonderful that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon finally accept that they are like father and son. That was beautiful! [:D]

And now.. *waves hand* You will remember my compliments, but not the fact that I enjoyed the very touching Jedi moment. You can go about your business, move along. :cool:

Ani-maniac
  13. Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Knight

star 1
    [:D] Thank You.

that story...just rocked...just plain rocked. Angst, drama, and the warm affection we saw in 'The Threat Within' made more direct and full. Very nice, especially word usage and the imagery..like comparing the plague to a frog jumping frol lilypad to lilypad. Excellent.
  14. Layren Force Ghost

star 5

Grinning, he tossed his blanket at his master. As the tall Jedi deftly caught the fabric, Obi-Wan exclaimed, "I could outrun a speeder!"

Qui-Gon threw the blanket back, smacking Obi-Wan in the face. The Jedi's voice floated to his ears under the thick folds of the fabric.

"And you think that I don't face reality!"

By the time Obi-Wan had disentangled himself, his master was out of the door and safely out of the way of flying objects.

Awwwwwwwww *melts into a pile of gooey mush* Just what I needed to start off my day! Yesterday was hard -- today perhaps not so hard since I had something mushy to read when I got up ;)

Thanks!
  15. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Star_Drifter Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Obi-Wan smiled. He had come to Yanark as a pupil, died, and was reborn as a Jedi of equal standing in his master's eyes. He couldn't think of any better way to end a mission."

Or a story! =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful work! :D

But I have one complaint! You are corrupting my Ani-maniac! She was always a real sithly Sith, and you are making her nice, and more Jedi-like! I admit to having a soft heart when it comes to Obi and Qui, but now Ani, too? As her Darth Mom and Master, I must protest! ;)

Thank you for a great fic! [:D]
  17. -Darksaber- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Qui-Gon's eyes sparkled. "Don't worry, I won't tell Han'yaie."

Obi-Wan grinned.

Aww, so sweet, and brilliantly written.

Thankyou for this wonderful fic, Durhelediel.

Jodie-Wan
  18. Seven Jedi Knight

star 3
    ~flops~ Sooooooo Good. Pretty mush!

Seven
  19. LilQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mush is great people! Wonderful Fic Durhelediel. [:D] @};- [face_love] @};-
  20. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Joinme- Glad I didn't disappoint! I hope to write more JA but will admit that it is entirely up to my muse what is penned next...

Gaelia- Thank you my friend. I hope I get a good idea soon so as to not disappoint.

Ani- ::raises eyebrow:: Sith, don't you know that a Jedi Master is harder to fool than that? lol Nice try, though, and rest assured that your secret is safe with me for your moment of "weakness".

Lady_Snow- Wow, thank you so much for the compliments! And I love using Star Wars/Earth imagery, tying them together in the vast universe that we all play in.

Layren- I knew that you'd be able to pick out the one specific part I wrote for your Qui-mushiness, lol. I do hope that today went better for you though. Drop me a line or a PM and tell me what's going on.

jacen- Welcome! And thank you! [face_blush]

Star_Drifter- haha, why do you Sith always blame us Jedi for when you dip into your light? Though, I do enjoy trying to convert Sith...ask my husband. lol

Darksaber- It was my pleasure to write it and see your wonderful reactions. Didn't you know that half of what drives an author is audience reaction? :}

Seven- So glad you are not disappointed! I was worried about the ending after so many comments last time about the expected mush. lol

LilQui-Gon- Aww, thank you! I really enjoyed taking ya'll along with me on this journey. It was a pleasure!
  21. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Aawwww, that was such a great ending to such a great story! I love mush oh so very much, and this story had the perfect amount. [face_love] I especially loved Qui's thoughts about how much Obi has come to mean to him over the years, very nice. Thank you for sharing this with us, I look forward to more from you in the future! [:D]
  22. masterobiwankenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    wow that was a great story. thanks for telling me about it. throughout the whole thing i smiled, feared for obi, and was nearly in tears when i read qui's vision. (that was a very evil vision and even more evil ending of that post btw.) you must let me know if you write more fics like this, because with college i've mostly just been reading the stories that i started reading before classes began. [face_blush] keep up the great work.

Peggy 8-}
  23. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Great story!=D=
    I only caught it now, so I was not subject to all your evil cliffies!!

Excellent work, I really enjoyed it

Killing off Obi then redeeming yourself like that...wow
    Very sweet ending

I'll be watching for more like this...
  24. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    hey there!
    I was out of town and never got to read the last post- until now!
    Excellent story Durhelediel!!!

Such a poignant ending! Bravo!!
  25. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bastet- So glad you were not disappointed at the ending! Though the only thing I plan on writing in the near future is for the I Dare You challenge. And boy do I have a rough challenge!!

Peggy- :evil chuckle: Yes, I know that was an evil start and ending to that particular chapter, and I do admit I loved writing it. I chuckled the whole time I waited for the responses to come in. lol And I know how being busy is like: I've got practicum, class, therapy sessions, cooking, shopping, pain, and life to trudge through every week. I never knew being married was so much work! Yet I wouldn't trade it for the world! :}

Tradmic- Welcome to the end! heehee Very pleased you enjoyed yourself, though wouldn't it have been better had you endured the evil cliffies as well? [face_laugh]

snowbee-wan- Welcome back then! I myself was out of town for a week and just got back to see I had more replies. My mom lost her job and she lives at the property she was a manager of. The company she worked for told her she had ten days to move, so I went home to help them pack and get to a new place. I also had a doc appt to see about the next step in my medical condition so I hit two mynocks with one blaster bolt that way. Anyways, glad you made it back safely!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.