main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Last Breath [Anakin/Tahiri Songfic]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Trickster-, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Title My Last Breath
    Song See Above
    Artist Evanescence
    Player of Words -Trickster-
    Disclaimer All references to characters, books, etc., made in this Songfic are copyright their respective creators and should be made note of as such. Idea copyright me.
    A/N The first time I heard this song and actually listened to the words, I had to stop reading TUF because I was so stricken with how these words just fit with the situation. I realize that the words of the happenings are not quite like what happened in Star By Star, since I don't have the book with me right now.
    Oh, and if you read this, please tell me what you think.

The stillness of the Mrkyr group was unnatural for those seconds, those merciless seconds. Behind them or in front of them, whichever the beholder called it, Anakin's lightsaber was moving in a blur as he blocked the blows of amphistaffs directed at him, the blows meant to end what was already ending: his life.

Tahiri watched on with tear-watered eyes, refusing to look away, yet at the same time dreading the moment that would be his last. Yet there was nothing she could do, nothing to be tried. As a tear traced it's way down her cheek, what remained of Anakin fell the the ground, his lightsaber's blade extinguishing as his hand hit the ground.

[b]Hold on to me love
    You know I can't stay long
    All I wanted to say was I love you and I'm not afraid
    Can you hear me?
    Can you feel me in your arms?[/b]

The strange vessel burst through space, at last making the jump to hyperspace. Nom Anor's coralskipper, to be precise. Yet that fact meant nothing to Tahiri as she sat in one of the private compartments on board the living vessel. Her dirt-streaked face mingled with the salty tracks of fresh tears, shed over her vigil of watching over Anakin's body.

That was all the was left of him to her, after all, the only thing she had to hold onto besides the memories. And memories would become stained with age, like tissue paper with waterstain. She reached out one hand slowly, as if to touch him cheek, yet stopped her fingers before she could feel his skin. She didn't want to touch his pale cheek, didn't want to feel it cold to her. Tahiri just wanted to remember him as the living being she'd held tight to a few weeks before, to remember his hand warm in hers.

[b]Holding my last breath
    Safe inside myself
    Are all my thoughts of you
    Sweet raptured light it ends here tonight[/b]

If he could've, he would've reached out and wiped the tears he saw streaking down her face. He would've taken her in his arms and dried her tears and just held her until he was sure she was fine. He would've refused to leave her side ever.

But he couldn't.

All he could do was feel his heart's ache as he watched Tahiri put her face in her hands. At this point, Anakin would've done anything to blot the tears and heal the wound, but he couldn't. Never again could he make the journey between the living and those who had become one with the Force. If he could've, he would've found a way to do it. But there was no way for him to reach out and touch her, make everything alright if he could. No, never again.

[b]I'll miss the winter
    A world of fragile things
    Look for me in the white forest
    Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
    I know you hear me
    I can taste it in your tears[/b]

Already sitting on her knees, Tahiri's eyes blurred over as she watched Anakin's motionless face. It looked to be carved from wood, so still it was. But that was to be expected, of course. With a cry that she muffled in biting the muscle of her palm, Tahiri silently wished the Force would put an end to what she'd found out to be a nightmare called her life.

But as most wishes of that kind go ungranted and unfullfilled, the blonde-haired Jedi merely cried herself dry, unable to so much as glance at the body across the small room. What had she done to deserve this? This war and the Yuuzhan Vong had already taken so much from her life, starting with

2. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Great job! (as usual)

3. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *sniffs* Very good Trickster! I ish liking.

Hmm, that's freaky.... but I already told you why it's freaky.... *shakes head to clear the thoughts*

Anyways, nice lil songifc!

:Targeter:

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was awesome! :D Terribly sad, but awesome! :) *is smiling though teary eyes*

5. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome!! Sounds sorta like my A/T fanfic!

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    that was beautiful, Trickster :) nicely done, I really liked Tahiri's thoughts while she was cradeling Anakin :_| BTW, she wasn't there to see him die, but I think you know that. Great work! :D

7. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh so sad :( bu then most A/T fics are...beautifully done though. good job :)

EJ

8. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Whoa. ANOTHER Evanescence songfic. This is, like, the happiest day of my life. I love Evanesence, and their popularity makes me smile.

That being said, whoa, again. This story, though it kinda goes agains SbS, was fantastic, and I personally think Tahiri SHOULD have been with Anakin when he died. Great job, I think my eyes were watering.

9. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    It wasn't horrible! It was beautiful.

That was all the was left of him to her, after all, the only thing she had to hold onto besides the memories. And memories would become stained with age, like tissue paper with waterstain.

I loved this line. It's true but depressingly so. :(

I loved this Song Fic. It fit perfectly. :_|

10. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose *blushes* My thanks!

Targeter Hehehe.. Yes, I do know why. ^_^ Thanks for reading!

J&J Glad to know I'm not the only one who cried. *grins slightly* I got halfway through writing it and I had tears streaming down my face.

Tenelfan The one using My Immortal? Yeah, I just saw that, actually...*blushes* I'm sorry for using the idea...

YodaKenobi Thank you so much! Yeah, I knew she wasn't there when he died...but...well, considering the bond they obviously had you'd assume she could see something like through his eyes... *shrugs* But thanks again!

EJ *gasps and splutters* I got you to read my thread?!! *calms down...or tries to* Thanks so much!

Boba_Fett YAY! Another Evanescence Lover!! I used Taking Me Over as my last songfic in my Songfic Collection. ^_^

That being said, whoa, again. This story, though it kinda goes agains SbS, was fantastic, and I personally think Tahiri SHOULD have been with Anakin when he died. Great job, I think my eyes were watering.
    *grins wickedly* I'm glad you liked it!! Don't worry, I was crying, as I mentioned above.

JoD *blushes more* Not horrible...pft. Whatever. But thanks!

That was all the was left of him to her, after all, the only thing she had to hold onto besides the memories. And memories would become stained with age, like tissue paper with waterstain.
    You found my favorite line. I loved that part...it just sounded so right to me.

I loved this Song Fic. It fit perfectly.
    *offers you a tissue while basking in praise*

Thanks again to everyone who commented!

11. Hispanic-girl88

Hispanic-girl88 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2004
    As a HUGE Anakin and Tahiri fan, who has been severly ticked off at NJO ever since the DAMNATION book SBS. And a HUGE fan of Evanescence. I REALLY liked this. It was so sad, I had tears in my eyes. Great job!

12. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    *gasps and splutters* I got you to read my thread?!! *calms down...or tries to* Thanks so much!

lol 8-} I usually am the one saying that, but believe me, the honor's all mine :D

Ej

13. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Hispanic-girl88 As a HUGE Anakin and Tahiri fan, who has been severly ticked off at NJO ever since the DAMNATION book SBS.
    I cried in that book, actually...

And a HUGE fan of Evanescence.
    YAY! Another Evanescence Cadet!!

I REALLY liked this. It was so sad, I had tears in my eyes. Great job!
    *offers you tissues* Glad you liked it though! And thanks!

EJ *sniggers* Well, it's an honor to have you on the thread. ^_^

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Up!

:Targeter:

15. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Thank you Targeter. *ups herself quite shamelessly, considering she thinks this is her best-ever songfic*

16. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
  17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I just found this,

and it's so sad!!!!! :_|

*mutters* Stupid Del Rey.

18. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey, thanks! Glad you liked it, even if it was sad. :D

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was SAD!! But really, really good!

NYC

20. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Thank you much, NYC!

21. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Upping thing, cuz I wanna.

22. Anahiri

Anahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2004
    good thing you uped it! Because I absolutely LOVED this! Poor Tahiri and Anakin! :( I put off reading SbS till january... I couldn't bring myself to admit Anakin died.... i still can't! :) This is a well written song fic... it'd be interesting if you continued it... perhaps gave Ani someway to see Tahiri again? ;) I always hope for sequals. This is awesome by its self, though, and well written!

Anahiri

23. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Hehe, I've already got myself a complete Jag/Jaina/Kyp Songfic thread, maybe I'll come up with some Anakin/Tahiri stuff. *nods* It'll be good. Then I can perhaps use your idea. :D

24. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    oh... ;_;

"As a HUGE Anakin and Tahiri fan, who has been severly ticked off at NJO ever since the DAMNATION book SBS.
    I cried in that book, actually..."

Oh, so did I... Read that scene, that last bit, at something like 1am cause I'd stayed up reading it.. ;_;

I like this. Even if I don't like Evanescence, I like this.. Oh, it's the Anakin fan in me (that is, MY ENTIRE SOUL), it gets sucked in so easy.

25. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Ooooh, hey again djcati! Glad you liked this one. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.