main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive My Last Huzzah: A Purely Ceremonial Post

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yun-Yuuzhan, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Most users, if they so reach the goal(s), will mark their 5,000th, 10,000th, and so on posts with ceremonious events akin to that which shall follow. I however, in view of my slow posting rate, the unlikelihood of me reaching 5,000, and my impatience, have decided to instead mark my 4,000th post with a similiar event. Much thanks to NP for allowing this any existence on the grounds of its unorthodoxy.

In keeping with tradition as I have seen it, I will proceed to list, alphabetically for those with dull minds, those fellow members who have most shaped my life on the JC and made the greatest impression.

As for words concerning myself, I have none that would be of interest, and none that would change any prior-held opinions of my nature and character.

AdmiralZaarin: You're a rather odd sort of kindred spirit. Aside from the obivous similarity we share, and that all users here share, of indulging too greatly in Star Wars, you too hold a pronounced fondness for the realm of esoteric film. Few others have ever utterly confounded me with mention or reference to a film. For that alone, you earn a place in this list. Aside from that, you're a wonderfully whacky fellow that rarely provides dull conversation, and always makes for interesting RPing.

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: I can hardly recall the first time I encountered you, Mitth. Undoubtedly it was prior to the EU Civil War, but I never took note of your existence then. Yet, from the moment I joined the YVMF, you were our great enemy and the most loathsome of the infidels. Were it not for our fixation with the necessity of your death, my RPing would probably have had greater breadth, and greater quality. Still, I forgive this whole-heartedly, as my reputation was never much, and shall never be much. More importantly, it was you and Nithrak that inspired my composition of my WotG adaptation. That work has since become a something far-removed from its source, but its roots are what drives it. Though I've not made the progress I would like and have not shared the progress I have made, I am consumed by the tome. For this I thank you.

DarthAttorney: DA, I have little reason to put you here as we never really communicated terribly often. Yet you were our first Mod, and that is more than enough for me, and the entirity of the RPF, to offer you my gratitude and respect.

DarthSeti5:I knew you well before I knew anyone else on this list in more than passing. We were both members of the LightSiders, the original Boy Scouts of the Jedi Council. I never fit there, as you are all quite well aware, and thankfully, you eventually trailed me to the whacky world of the RPF. You joined WotG like so many others, but unlike most you quickly rose to prominence and prosperity. You made me welcome on these boards, and you've provided entertainment ever since.

Jace_Halycron: A fellow in spirit, no doubt. You were a YVMF brother, an RPer superior to me in rank and quality. Your posts were always just above mine, and you had a sense of fairplay and self-sacrifice for the RP that I could never emulate. Outside of the JC our talks were never often or lenghty, but they were memorable, and there are few others who at least seem to think so similarly to me.

nithrak_tewl: Wherefore and where art thou? You were the beacon of hope and the harbinger of heaven for the YV of WotG. You were undoubtedly our greatest Warmaster, and my succession was no justice to you. For that I offer my apology. For your contributions to WotG, the RPF, and most importantly my unfinished masterwork, I thank you. May you return some day to read this, if only after RPing a bit.

Protege-of-Thrawn: My idealogical enemy. Though we are really quite similar, the crucial points that divide us are what makes you so intriguing. We've argued over global politics to no agreement. Exchanged insults over trivial matters such as the applicability of pacifism. And through it all we never really managed to transplant that to our fictit

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks for all the kind words, Yun! :p

3. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Ah, yes, I thought I might have forgotten someone.

GrandAdmiralJello: I've not met anyone so jiggly or set on the unending pursuit of perfection as you. You're a wealth of knowledge and an intriguing conversationalist. I never actually competed directly with you in WotG, but that's just as well. I imagine such an endeavor would have only left me annoyed and thoroughly peeved no matter the results. You're the only one who has actually met me, which is how things will undoubtedly remain. Despite your insistence on adding as much physical realism to WotG as you could get away with, and therefore making things rough for the rest of us, you were a welcome member, and a vital one without question. Just be happy only Yommie was perpetually intent on your demise.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ah yes... the days before the EUC Civil War... Defacing the bust of Yun Yuuzhan, throwing pies in nithrak's face, taunting the YVMF. Ah those were the fun days. You'll be missed Yun and have a great life.

defaces the bust of Yun Yuuzhan again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.