main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx My latest Breakthrough......... NOW WITH SITE UPDATES!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I made a website without pre made scripting, although, it's in HTML, because that's the only code I know, but still, it's dynamic enough to have a calendar. ;)

You can visit my site here.

So, tell me what you think! It's still one page, but the non-linked table entries will tell you that I'll be busy. ;) :D

Also, it has a link to my forums, and that'd be useful, maybe.

2. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Aaahhh Kev.. finally stepping out from some of the "Website-in-a-can" freebies you can download... good for you! Stick with the HTML, and learn to do it yourself...it'll put hair on your chest. :p If you come to Master's party on Friday, we can geek-talk a bit about this stuff if you want. Good luck, and may the HTML be with you. :p

3. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Dude, he's at an age where ANYTHING will put hair on his chest! ;) Seriously, though, good effort, Kev.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, thank you for the support, I put a DHTML Menu, replacing the Table Menu, so Check it out!

5. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    I can't seem to get to the site. Sorry, Kev.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, it seems to be working for me. I don't know what's wrong. It could be a firewall at your work, which disallows you from personal sites, but I highly doubt it.

7. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Hrm -

I can't get there either - and there are no blocks on my connect from home...

choad's LAN = correctly configured firewall

Seems that the link produces a response of "http:///" - so it may be an issue with your coding?

Just trying to help...

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, then, press backspace on the third "/"!

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i can see it fine... ?[face_plain]

of course, i'm going to have to bludgeon kev repeatedly about the head and shoulders due to the pop-up ads... [face_laugh]

10. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    No, you don't understand...

all it produced was "http:///" - nothing after that...

Kev, I understand that you are interested in showing us what you can do - however, you need to understand, I do tech support for a living... I've been playing with computers since 1979 - (yes, it does make me feel old) - Most of the people in the group are techies/geeks as well... for the most part, we know what we are doing...

Haven't you seen our nerd and geek scores?

Chill buddy... just relax a little bit.

I finally decided to do it the hard way and copy the value for the link into a browser, and then the calendar came up... None of the links work however, and those also feed the "http:///" code to the browser...

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    refresh it. The Star Wars link doesn't work, due to my laziness of not making a page for it. Call me stupid, but, it DOES work for me. The only links that work are "GFAP", "TJR", and "About Me". I'm yet to make a Star Wars page, but the Star Wars on the Menu will have SUBCATEGORIES. But, maybe you can blame it on me, since I'm a newbie with Javascript, and that's what the menu bar is.

12. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Dunno what the problem is, Choad. His site works just fine for me.

13. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Its a far cry better than what I can do with raw HTML. My site was, I'm not embarrased to admit, done completely in Frontpage, extra graphics supplied by photoshop. Does that make me a less worthy geek? I guess I worry more about the content then what it looks like.

14. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    It >could< have been an issue with DNS/Web cache through my provider... stranger things have happened... welcome to the www - world wide WHAT?!?!?!

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
  16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.