main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Light {Pre-Jedi Academy Trilogy Kyp fic}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rogue_Even, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    This fic is GREAT!!!!!!!!!
    I read it from the link in your bio (I like any and all Kyp fics :) ) and wanted to respond, but the topic was locked...
    enough of my rambling...
    MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...please?

2. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You're going to make me beg aren't you?

Well begging I am, please post!

3. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Here you go, Elfsheen! I'm sorry I made you wait...but I'm very glad you like it. :D And thanks SO much to everyone else who replied...I didn't expect such a response. :D :D I [face_love] you all. :)

And this is a short post, I know, but I'll prolly put up another tonight. That is, if you want. ;)

~*:*~

The next morning when the sleep-generating field switched off, the first thing Kyp was aware of was a warmth and gentle pressure at his side. He looked down and found Sirree curled up against him, her aqua eyes blinking up at him sleepily.

"Stang," Kyp whispered, realizing what this must look like to the other miners. Sirree had eventually cried herself to sleep in his arms the night before, and he?d fallen asleep with her. But he had a sneaking suspicion that no one else would believe that story.

"Morning, Kyp," Sirree murmured, trying not to draw even more attention to themselves. She slid as quietly as possible out of the bunk.

"Morning," he whispered back, glancing around at the other prisoners as if daring them to comment.

And of course, they did.

"Looks like Durron got lucky," a middle-aged miner chuckled. "Pretty little thing too. I wonder how he did it?"

"I didn?t do anything," Kyp shot back. "We didn?t do anything."

The ones who had been staring at the two of them apparently believed this, noting the fact that they were still clothed and had simply been lying on top of the sheet. Sirree?s still-tearstained face helped as well.

"Man, Kyp, I think you?ve lost it," Kev, a young miner in his early twenties, chuckled. "Look at her. She?s hot."

"Well, I?m not going to argue with that," Kyp said with a grin, earning himself a playful whack from Sirree for teasing her.

"Shut up," the guard growled in annoyance, waving his blaster at them all. "Get to the mess, or I?ll send you down to the mines without morning meal. And stop all this ?getting laid? nonsense, or I?ll shoot you myself."

The prisoners obediently shuffled into a line, following the guard quietly to the mess hall, but Kev leaned forward and whispered to Kyp and Sirree. "He?s only cranky cuz he hasn?t had any, er, ?fun? in years. I?d watch out for him, Sirree - that is your name, right?" He chuckled. "Yeah, I?d watch out for that one."

Sirree groaned softly, and Kyp reached out and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Don?t worry about it," he murmured. "Once you?ve been here awhile, they?ll probably start ignoring you and if you?re lucky, forget you even exist."

"Will you?" Sirree asked in a faint voice with raised eyebrows.

"Never," Kyp whispered, smiling down at her. "That?s a promise."

4. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehehehe, very nice work, Rogue! :)

I like the interaction between Kyp and Sirree, and how they get routinely picked on, hehe. ;)

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post. More yes?

~~Jilly

6. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Well Kyp got lucky in a way. Just not the way they were aiming at 8-}

You finally posted. I'm so happy now ;)

7. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Aww, so sweet! [face_love]

I love young Kyp, and his interaction with Sirree only makes him more appealing. I can't wait for what happens next!

8. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    Here's the next little bit. :)

*my one hundredth post on the boards, btw* :D

Days passed, slowly and tediously, as they always did in the mines. Sirree never strayed far from Kyp?s side, and refused to go near most of the other miners if she could at all help it.

Kyp had been wrong. They didn?t forget about her. If anything, their advances only increased, no doubt fueled by Sirree's apparent closeness to Kyp. She was tormented constantly, but the worst incident occurred one day in the muster room after their mining shift had just ended.

Kyp had been getting out of his thermal suit when he heard a loud, startled yelp coming from Sirree, followed by what sounded like a struggle and finally an indignant scream: "Get OFF!"

The lights flicked on to reveal what Kyp had feared. Aman had the much smaller Sirree in his arms and was trying to carry her off to the bunk rooms. Sirree, however, was putting up quite a fight, kicking, hitting, squirming and screaming. But she couldn?t get away from the older man, who towered above her and was obviously far stronger.

The guards did nothing, not particularly caring one way or the other what happened. Aman was one of the most seasoned miners, and they didn?t care what he did as long as he didn?t cause trouble.

The guards somehow didn?t see this as causing trouble.

Hot, black rage boiled in Kyp, and before he was even consciously aware of what he was doing, he had reached Aman and Sirree in three long strides. His foot lashed out, catching Aman squarely on the back of the knee, hard. The man stumbled and loosened his grip on Sirree, who was finally able to get free and scramble back over to the other miners.

Aman growled low in his throat and lunged at Kyp, who dodged. Kyp was younger and faster, but Aman was considerably larger and thoroughly enraged. Sirree watched in horror as he finally managed to catch hold of Kyp and throw him viciously up against the wall.

Kyp?s only response to the pain was eloquently spoken by his right fist, which slammed directly into Aman?s face.

At this point, the guards finally elected to become involved. Their simultaneous bellow - "CEASE FIGHTING!" - was heard throughout the muster room, and two were instantly at the scene of the fight. One grabbed Aman and cracked him across the shoulder once with the barrel of their blaster to force him into submission. The other guard grabbed Kyp by the collar and shoved him up against the wall once more.

Kyp gritted his teeth in pain, but didn?t cry out, not even when he was flung to the floor and kicked hard in the ribs.

The guard looked down at him with disgust. "Get to the bunk rooms, and don?t come back out." Such punishments were common for miners - being made to miss meals.

Kyp got painfully to his feet and shot a concerned glance at Sirree, whose large aqua eyes were filled with tears. She nodded slightly to show she was all right, concern for him filling her face.

Kyp gave her a small, reassuring smile, then shot a venomous glare at Aman. You touch her again, you die. I don?t care what they do to me, but you will pay.

The guard gave him a harsh prod to the bunk rooms with the muzzle of his blaster. "Go, or I?ll shoot you where you stand," he warned.

Kyp glanced back at Sirree one more time, then walked out, not allowing them to see the anger and concern in his eyes.

9. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    oh boy. That didn't go all to well, but she's alright. Go Kyp, he did well

So did you. Good posty!

10. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Very cool post.

~~Jilly

11. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Awww...Go Kyp, beat the crap outta him for messing with your girl!

~*~The Queen~*~

12. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    Next posty...

Kyp sat, alone in the bunk room, groaning softly to himself as he touched the back of his head and felt blood. Quite a bit of blood.

Apparently, he?d been slammed against the wall pretty hard. Funny how he hadn?t felt it then - all he?d felt was concern and worry for Sirree. Now, he was just grateful she was safe, but he still worried something like this would happen again.

Before another thought would make its way through his pounding head, soft footsteps alerted him to the presence of another in the room.

He turned to find Sirree standing in the doorway, head cocked slightly to one side as she stared worriedly at him.

"Sirree," he said softly, "you should be eating. You need to keep up your strength. I?ll be okay." His eyes suddenly narrowed. "He didn?t try anything else, did he?"

She shook her head. "No. The guards are keeping a close watch on him - for now anyway. He left me alone."

Kyp smiled gently. "Then you should go back and eat. I?ve survived here for years; there?s no reason to be worried about me."

Sirree came forward and sat next to him on the bunk. "Yes, there is," she chided. "You?re bleeding."

Kyp shrugged. "It?s not bad. Look, I?m worried about you. You?ve got to keep your strength up."

Sirree rolled her eyes and slipped one hand into her pocket, pulling out two ration packets. She handed him one, laughing at his look of surprise. "I have my tricks too, you know," she teased. "And if you?re so worried about me, why won?t you let me worry about you? You?re hurt; let me see what I can do. This is my fault anyway, I want to help make up for getting you hurt."

Kyp reached out a bit hesitantly to trace the contours of her face with his fingers. "This isn?t your fault," he murmured. "You didn?t do anything. Don?t you dare go blaming yourself."

"I still feel bad. But I won?t blame myself if you let me do something about where they hurt you." She raised her eyebrows. "Deal?"

Kyp sighed. "You won?t stop worrying till you have, will you?"

Sirree chuckled lightly. "Nope. That?s just the way I am. Now turn around, will you?"

With a resigned sigh, Kyp turned his back to her and allowed her to fuss over his injuries.

"Oh, Kyp," Sirree breathed. "How can you say this isn?t bad?"

Kyp shrugged. "I?ve had worse."

He felt her slip off the bed. "I?ll be right back."

A few minutes later, she returned with a small container of water and some scraps of cloth. Kyp didn?t ask where she got them from, just patiently allowed her to clean the gash on the back of his head from where he had been slammed against the wall. She somehow managed to get almost all of the blood out of his hair without hurting him much. In the space of only a few minutes, she had the cut cleaned and bandaged.

Kyp chuckled in wonder. "You?re good at that. What were you, a field medic?"

Sirree shrugged one shoulder. "In a sense. It?s just something I picked up when my parents were flying all over the galaxy - they were merchants, you know. A Twi-lek on Coruscant taught me a lot about this kind of stuff."

"She taught you well," Kyp commentated, reaching back and squeezing her hand, sensing her sadness at the mention of her parents, which she was barely managing to push back.

"Stand up," Sirree said briskly. "I want to make sure you can walk; that they didn?t hurt you anywhere else."

Kyp laughed. "Sirree, I can walk. I?m okay."

"Kyp, humor me. Please."

Kyp decided it would be better if he just didn?t argue. He stood up and walked in front of the bed, raising an eyebrow at her. "I can walk. Feel better now?"

Sirree smiled. "Yes. You?ve passed inspection."

Kyp winked playfully at her. "Good to know, Medic."

Sirree laughed and stood up as well, coming over to wrap her arms around his waist. "Thank you, Kyp," she murmured into his shirt. "I don?t know what I would?ve done if you hadn?t rescued me."

"Raised all hell and caused Aman to think twice before ever doing anything of that sort again," Kyp said, hugging her back.

Sirree couldn

13. mOck_herOic

mOck_herOic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2003
    Awwww!!

i luff this fic, sis. keep it up! :[:D]:

14. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    *Keels over*

Have I told you that your grip of emotions is scary? :p

I'd re-read this a hundred times and never get tired of it! Awesome, awesome work! :D

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Awwwww, wonderful post.

~~Jilly

16. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Awww... wonderful mushy post!

~*~The Queen~*~

17. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww that we sweet, they kissed [face_love] I was wondering when they would reach that point with all the semi-mushy posts ;) Never mind me, rambling. Good post, well don! :)

18. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    Yet another posty. Enjoy. 8-}

When she pulled away, Kyp stared at her, openmouthed and dumbfounded. "What was that?" he managed through his intense shock.

Sirree laughed softly, eyes sparkling with mirth and something else he couldn?t quite define. "That was a kiss, Kyp. Haven?t you ever been kissed before?"

Kyp blushed. "Um, actually I haven?t. The mines have a tendency to put a major crimp in your social life."

Sirree sighed. "So I?m noticing. But just because we?re stuck here doesn?t mean we have to be alone," she murmured. Then she flushed a deep shade of pink. "I?m sorry, Kyp - I just realized how forward I?m being?"

Kyp gently tilted her chin up, forcing her to meet his eyes. "Who said I minded? And anyway, I?m the one that should be apologizing."

"For what?" Sirree asked in confusion.

"For this." Sirree caught the husky undertones in his voice, and she knew what he was going to do a moment before she found Kyp?s mouth on hers.

She melted against his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck and threading her fingers through his dark hair, being careful to avoid the bandage. A delicious heat traveled from his mouth to hers, spreading throughout her entire body and making her tremble. His hands stroked her back, enticing tiny electric sparks to ignite in her as she kissed him back.

When lack of oxygen finally forced them apart, Sirree couldn?t help grinning. "You sure you haven?t done that before, Kyp? It certainly felt like you have."

Kyp grinned back and kissed her softly on the forehead. "I think I?d remember if I had."

"Is this something we?re going to be doing again?" Sirree asked softly.

"If you want to," Kyp said quietly. "I don?t want to scare you off by moving too fast or something."

Sirree couldn?t help grinning at this. "You scare me off? Kyp, I kissed you first, remember. You?re not going to scare me off."

To her surprise, tears welled in Kyp?s green eyes. "I haven?t let myself love anyone since my family was taken away from me. I was afraid of getting hurt, or worse - getting them hurt. But there?s something about you, Sirree?I couldn?t stop myself." His voice dropped to a near whisper as he stared into her eyes. "I love you, Sirree."

He had expected rejection. He had expected to scare her away and lose her forever. He had half expected her to somehow magically vanish forever, simply because he?d allowed himself to love her.

He didn?t expect her delicate features to light up with a radiant smile, and he certainly didn?t expect to hear her softly murmur, "I love you too."

He looked down at her in wonder, thinking he must certainly be dreaming. There was no possible way she could love him back, no possible way this could be happening, not to someone like him.

But the light touch of her hand on his face convinced him that he was not dreaming, and the look in her eyes, the fire he saw there, told him that this was truly occurring.

Kyp?s breath caught in his throat, and Sirree seemed to be suffering from the same inability to speak. He thought he saw the brief sparkle of a tear in one aqua eye as she leaned up to kiss his cheek.

She didn?t speak a word, but Kyp saw what she wanted to say in her eyes: Hold me.

And so he did.

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    :D This is so mushy it's making my screen melt!

[face_shocked] He loves her? I couldn't tell at al (imagine my voice very sarcastic) ;)

Great postie, well done!

20. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    *Is knocked out*

I don't think any comments will express the amount of awesome-ness that your update exudes, so I'll leave it at this. :p

21. Jaina_Kyps_Queen

Jaina_Kyps_Queen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
  22. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked]
    *falls out of chair from hanging too much on every word*
    Now if only we could just replace Sirree with me... [face_love] ;) 8-}

Hee hee, incredible post Rogue! Kyp is soooo sweet!! Oh, I hope nothing bad happens to Sirree...he loves her too much! More soon!!!

23. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh wow! Wonderful post. ;)

~~Jilly

24. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    awwww! really nice story u have here, RE! i look fwd to more soon!

25. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    UP! I demand a post!

NOW

And you can't say no to me 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.