main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My light saber building project.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by mpfjr, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
  2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    that looks pretty good! is that copper wire around at the top?

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Nice one!

Have fun.

4. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    did you is that copper wire around at the top?

Yah, I originally bought 25 feet of it to use as the grip, but decided I liked it better wound around the top.

5. Leigh_Jesani

Leigh_Jesani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I like it. I like how metallic it is...it shines like chrome, not alluminum or plated copper.

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    VERY NICE.

Now, all it needs are a few extra bobbles and trinkets, and your skills will be complete. :D

7. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    Thanks! :D
    I am a "less is more" type of person. So I am not sure how many more do-dads I'll add. Although I do have an idea...

8. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    Were you aware that someone else already owns www.obsidiantower.com?

9. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    ?[face_plain] What? ?[face_plain]

Yah, me.

10. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Wow mpfjr! Nice web page! That computer mod is pretty cool! I am thinking of adding lighting to my case to give it a cool look.

SWmaster

11. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Very cool, but it is very similar to one used in my second film ?Confrontation?. We obviously have the same tastes. ;)

12. Admiral_Ant

Admiral_Ant Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    very nice, Ive been working on my for a quite some time, only problem is I need mine to have a 3/4 copper tube running throughut it so i can hold a piece of bamboo
    All i need to finish it is a bit of chrome and black paint, one more dremeled piece, and i gotta get the blowtorch out to solder most of it together
    hehe oddly enough theres a rather large bamboo plant in front of my house, an endless supply of saber props :)

13. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    Very cool, but it is very similar to one used in my second film ?Confrontation?. We obviously have the same tastes.

Could you please post a picture or send it to me at mpfjr@yahoo.com I'd like to see it.

14. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    ...so i can hold a piece of bamboo ...

Yah, I was planning on using a bamboo practice sword. I have two I bought on e-bay and the handles fit nice in the 1" 1/4 tube. Problem is that the handles are two long and too difficult to attach inside the light saber without risk of it flying out.

So I'm reverting back to the PVC/Dowel method. :(

15. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    Wow mpfjr! Nice web page! That computer mod is pretty cool! I am thinking of adding lighting to my case to give it a cool look.

Thanks, although I've been neglecting it lately. Just so much time in a day you know?

16. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    mpfjr I would love to e-mail you a picture ?but? the film is just starting production and if you were to see the lightsaber it would give away most of the film. :( The movie is about the lightsaber, and it has some of the same design characteristics that are in yours. ?Confrontation? is being made with the help of the Sacramento Fan Force Group. Everyone is putting a tremendous amount of hard work into this film and Lord_Darth_Vader (who is a master lightsaber maker) is working very hard on the star of the film ?the Lightsaber?. I would be doing a great disservice to everyone ells on the film and spoil the elements of the movie if the pictures were shown. I hope you understand. :)

17. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Kind of reminds me of a less decorated Obi-Wan hilt.......

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.