main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My little movie...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by dn009, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dn009

dn009 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi all,

After a few months of mucking about I finally put together my first attempt at a Star Wars'ish short movie.

It is low quality .WMV format (about 15mb from memory)

Reborn

all the best!

Dan

2. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    That was pretty good. I liked the feel of it and your style.

I could tell you were slowly bringing color back into it, but I am unsure as to what extent. Some scenes looked like select parts of the greenery were greyscale while others were color. Did you really put in all that work, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

The yell about gave me a heart attack since there was no sounds beside the music track. :p The way you did that made it feel unlike most forest duels, but I still think you should have added some saber SFX or foley.

Nice camera work and angles...really added to it. Sabers seemed a little fat, and the slide show thing at the end was a little confusing, but it was a fun watch. Nice work.

3. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Crap my film is close to the title of yours. Is it okay with you that mine is called Sith Reborn? WE are in the post stage so to have to change everything with the name would be too much of a hassle.

4. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    That was awesome. Good choice with the soundtrack. Just wondering why did you choose to a Pleasantville thing to it?

5. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend using the $7 sabers for rotoscoping purposes.

You kept the plastic blade in right? If so, maybe next time pull those out and put in a thinner material, wood, pvc, aluminum, w/e. Or make hilts from plumbing pipe.

Also, I think it'd be cool if the lightsabers faded from B&W to color just like everything else.

I liked the costumes and music and other things I'm not thinking of though. Good work.

-Vaportrail

EDIT: Also, you did the color correction through keyframing the whole movie right? TELL me you didn't do it scene by scene or frame by frame. =P

6. dn009

dn009 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Umm, I think my premiere techniques are a little primitive :) I could have possibly done them clip by clip. It didn't take too long but I am sure there is a better way to do it (right?).

I had actually applied most of the visual (sans saber effects) at the end of last year. Just had a bit of trouble getting sabers done.

As with the plastic sabers. Yes they were straight out toys... and am definitely wanting to move to something a bit more.... skinny :)

Thanks again all!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.