My marathon experience. (Tops everyone elses..probs >_> )

Discussion in 'London UK' started by Master_Solo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well...me and Sey arrived first. So we were y'know.. first in line. So we got interviewed many times and this morning when I walked into school everyone had seen me on GMTV (if anyone had seen it I'm the guy who said it was the "Ultimate battle between good and evil" .

So.. in order.

We arrived at the Empire at 2:30am. Amazing, huh? So we watched the X Wing being constructed and talked to some guys who didn't have tickets but were there to soak up the atmosphere (12 hours later I saw 'em waiting for the red carpet..). We saw the german guy run into a phonebox and come out 20 mins later as "THAT wookiee" and laughed our asses off.

I got some decent photos of the stormies and Fett which i was really content with..then we went in.

ANH was amazing. At first the sleep deprevation got to me but as soon as the detention block shoot out began I was WIDE AWAKE again and loving it.

ESB was great too but we left for a bit to get coffee I cnnot stress how tired we were. I STARTED THE YODA CHEER!

ROTJ...is when it got amazing because of the cheering. From then on the films were better for the participation with Clones and Sith being the pinacle.

TPM..was booed but I was amazed at the cheer for Ewan and Liam's first appearance. I loved it when Darth Maul ignited his sabres and some guy yelled "LETS GET IT ON!" hilarious.

AOTC..I was to tired here and genuinely worried about my ROTS experience. I couldn't keep my eyes open.. I was almost in tears of frustration..
    Hayden's lines though..LMAO! I was the tool that said "THATS DISGUSTING!" when he mentioned his mother XD.
    We got coffee at some point after Tattooine and before the batle. I was awake but BARELY!
    Then the biggest cheer ever appeared when Mace's leg appeared on the screen which sent me awake a bit more. The Yoda cheer was a bit over the top but I dealt with it.

ROTS big screen coverage felt like a complete and utter slap in the face to me. I wasn't aware of the special guests and was kinda depressed that they were so near..
    Then the musical videos came up...the Battle of Heroes one ANGERED ME! I covered my eyes completely.

Then everyone started chanting LUCAS! I joined in..wait.. the doors were opening..could it be?
    No. Vader and some stormies came in. The biggest boo ever followed with me genuinely feeling sorry for Vader. Everyone thought that was it...then..RICK SAVED IT!
    Rick completely salvaged everything. I woukd've still been amazed at JUST Rick appearing but then Ian...and a quiet Hayden..and GEORGE! WITH HIS INDIE 4 NEWS! WAHOOO!

They'd barely left when the curtains began opening and the movie began playing. I was pumped. The excitement had bought me completely awake..SW WAS BACK!

I couldn't quite concentrate during the space battle but by the first sabre duel I was fully awake and cheering with everybody.

When Mace and his posse came in I instantly knew this film was amazing.

Then it ended..I was amazed. Ii applauded for ages..then a crowd started forming at the front..me and Sey went to investigate...

OMFG...LUCAS AND RICK!

I instantly pulled out my camera like a ninja and dived into a great position. I cheered when Lucas asked for our reactions and yelled "BRILLIANT MOVIE!". I got some decent pics of him and when Rick came past after he asked what we thought of it and I yelled "****ING AWESOME!" and he grinned at me. Best moment of the day for me possibley.

Then I got me sticker (which the guy put in..UPSIDE DOWN!) and I intend to frame my galactic passport and hope to get Lucas to sign it one day.

This was genuinly the best day of my life.
  2. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    No way! You guys were the ones at the front of the queue in the morning ?!?!?! I was right behind you!!! I didn't know you were FFUK guys !!!!!!!!
  3. Master_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude I can't believe that was you!

Yeah man.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Sounds like a truely inter-galactic experience
  5. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha! Excellent! I was gonna ask you guys, but you had like a queue of reporters waiting to talk to you! Got talking to the oldies behind me instead, who were both bunking off work so giving 'no comments' to everyone :p

I managed the ITV Lunchtime news - so much for keeping a low profile :D
  6. Master_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you are indeed the person I think you are then the Speeder Bike Chase was indeed amazing on the big screen.
  7. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    haha - I'm not the person you think I was :D .....unless I'm missing something!
  8. Scabby Jedi Knight

Not as good as my report :p Anyway I wondered where you guys went in ESB as my friend pointed out you buggered off and didnt come back. Honestly you only got up and hour before me and I managed it without and coffee :p
  9. Darth_Jaxon Jedi Master

star 3
    No one's marathon experience could beat mine and my wife's. After the movie you all know that George, Rick, and Ian came back. Well we got to shake their hands like everyone else. However, after they left we walked out the side door and just as my wife said "I wonder if Limos came around here to pick them up", three white vans pull up to the side of the theater. Then out walk Lucas, his daughter, Rick, Ian, and a bunch of Lucas film folks. Anyway, we're right next to them and I tell George I loved it and shook his hand. Then we shook Ian's hand and told him he's the best bad guy in a film ever.

Finally, Rick walks over and shakes our hands. I tell him I loved it and thought it might even be as good as Empire. He says maybe, but asked if what we thought of the last hour of the film. He thought it was very emotional. Then my wife tells him we're from the states and he couldn't believe we came all that way. He tried to call George back but he had already pulled away. So he had his assistant take our picture with him. I just got back today so I need to email his assistant for it. But he said they might even put it up on Star Wars.com. Anyway, in the immortal words of Rick..."f'ing awesome!"

10. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth_Jaxon - its brilliant you and your wife managed tickets for the event and had such a great time. Bumping into Lucas and Co. at the end must've been the icing on the cake for you guys :D
  11. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.