Saga "My Master" by Anakin Skywalker. Essays. HUMOR Updated 071310 Obi Sings Soprano (once)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: "My Master"
    Author: Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: post TPM
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker on Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: humor
    Keywords: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Summary: The padawans have to write an essay about their masters.
    Notes: I hope Anakin comes off age-appropriate for 10 because this seems just a bit younger. We'll blame it on learning Basic.

"My Master"

My master is Obi-Wan Kenobi. I like him, though he?s kinda quiet and serious. Sometimes I wonder if he was ever a kid ? did he make paper planes in school, or put sandworms in the teacher?s desk? Being raised in the Temple, I doubt it. The teachers don?t like it when you do that ? yeah, I tried it once. Won?t again.

Master has funny tastes in things and not just food. He says he has a sense of humor, but I don?t always get it. He says its dry humor, but all the funny was definitely dried up somewhere ? maybe on Tatooine. He had to sit in that ship for several days and it got hot in there ? I think that sucked all the fun out of him.

I don?t think he was jealous of Master Qui-Gon and me. He didn?t know at the time that we were working on my pod-racer, so he had no way of knowing we were having fun while he sat in a hot ship. With three girls, ick. I say ick, but I like Padme. Padme isn?t a girl, though. Padme is my friend. I like her lots. I wish I could see her.

Umm, Master Obi-Wan was a pretty good student I guess. I snuck a look at his grade reports and he did well in everything. How?d he do that? Probably studying instead of having fun, I guess.

Master Garen said he was called the perfect padawan behind his back. Master Bant says to ignore Master Garen. Master Obi-Wan only made a face when I told him what Master Garen said.

I thought of asking Master Yoda but he scares me ? oh, a Jedi isn?t supposed to be scared. Scratch that.

I asked Master Siri if master was always so stiff but she just covered her mouth with her hand and made a funny noise. Maybe she likes him stiff ? then again ? he?d be a lot more fun if he?d just loosen up.

Since master does everything he should and nothing he shouldn?t ? how did he learn to do that? ? I guess he was teased some when he was little. Master doesn?t talk about that, but Master Garen told me some other boys didn?t like master. Why? I like master okay. I?m getting used to him. I mean, what?s not to like (besides getting up early, making me clean up my room, you know, stuff like that)?

Master says he?s so calm because inside once he was a seething cauldron of emotion. I hope I spelled that right. I think he was teasing me. Master does tease me a lot and I pretend I don?t like it ? but I do. His eyes get all crinkly and our bond gets all warm and tingly when he does. It reminds me of Master Qui-Gon.

Master got to fight draigons and pirates when he was not much older than me. Master Bant says that is how master got apprenticed to Master Qui-Gon, but I think she?s leaving something out.

All the other padawans say their masters just up and asked them to be their padawans, but master had to fly on a ship and fight draigons and pirates? Master Qui-Gon must have been impressed with him, because he then let him prove he would be a good Jedi by doing other stuff. That?s where Master Bant didn?t want to say anything more, but Master Garen told me later.

I don?t really understand why Master Qui-Gon made master go through all that stuff. Both Master Bant and Master Garen said that Master Qui-Gon had closed his ears to the Force and master had to suffer for it, but, I mean, no Jedi here listens to the Force as Master Qui-Gon did. I asked master and he got all silent like he does. He must have really liked Master Qui-Gon, because he finally smiled and said Master Qui-Gon had been hurting but finally the hurt had gone away and then Master Qui-Gon could hear the Force again.

Master then said sometimes hurt gets in the way of the Force and then he apologized to m
  2. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    That was cute, and I like Anakins description of Obi-Wan.

I asked Master Siri if master was always so stiff but she just covered her mouth with her hand and made a funny noise. Maybe she likes him stiff ? then again ? he?d be a lot more fun if he?d just loosen up.

[face_thinking] I wonder what she means[face_laugh][face_blush]

Very nice.=D=
  3. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awww...that was adorable!

I loved Anakin's complaints mixed in with the compliments.

I asked Master Siri if master was always so stiff but she just covered her mouth with her hand and made a funny noise. Maybe she likes him stiff

Perhaps so...[face_mischief] [face_mischief]

I just adore his innocence.

Great job on this

=D= =D==D= =D=
  4. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is so sweet.[face_love]

5. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This was great! And I have to quote the same thing everyone else has...

[face_laugh] Hilarious! Wonderful story! =D= =D=
  6. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Loved it! This was funny, but there was something quite poignant lacing it all.

Master says he?s so calm because inside once he was a seething cauldron of emotion. I hope I spelled that right. I think he was teasing me. Master does tease me a lot and I pretend I don?t like it ? but I do. His eyes get all crinkly and our bond gets all warm and tingly when he does. It reminds me of Master Qui-Gon.

Awwwww [face_love]

=D=
  7. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    =D= A wonderful description of Obi from Ani's young perspective. I wonder if my kids think I'm grumpy before my first cup of caff! LOL--actually my first glass of sweet iced tea!

This was such a pleasant surprise and a great way to start the morning! Great job, my friend.
  8. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] Oh my, this is so cute! I love a young Anakin's description of Obi-Wan! Hysterical! :D Great job! :)
  9. Teresa Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    [face_laugh] As the old show put it, "kids say the darndest things!" Garen's quite correct when he says that Anakin will understand his essay much better when he's older. I'd love to see Obi-Wan's reaction, though I think that he did laugh his head off after making sure that Anakin was nowhere around. Thanks for the viggnette, it was a lovely look at the early years of the boys! :D =D=
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved the entire piece.

Just like Anakin to describe his master like that.
  11. Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I liked this a lot, I think you captured the spirit of a 10 year old writing an essay. Great job!

I asked Master Siri if master was always so stiff but she just covered her mouth with her hand and made a funny noise. Maybe she likes him stiff

THAT was my very favorite part. Well done!
  12. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This was adorable. I thought you got it just right. He comes off a little young but he's probably nervous about the paper.

This made me sad.

Master almost got tears in his eyes when I told him that. I guess maybe that was one of the times he was that seething cauldron of emotions like when he was younger.

Master didn?t cry though. I heard him, after Master Qui-Gon died, but I never saw him cry.

I heard him. :_|

Good job.
  13. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, that was so cute! I love how it was written from Anakin's viewpoint.

Master says he?s so calm because inside once he was a seething cauldron of emotion. I hope I spelled that right. I think he was teasing me. Master does tease me a lot and I pretend I don?t like it ? but I do. His eyes get all crinkly and our bond gets all warm and tingly when he does.

[face_love]

Great work! =D=

14. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    The whole Siri liking him stiff, then Garen showing it to her, and the comment that Anakin would understand when he's older, just absolutely cracked me up! That was hilarious!

Well done!
  15. Helen_Taft Jedi Knight

star 2
    LMAO!

Note: Master Garen just read this and hollered. He took it to Master Bant, who showed it to Master Siri who turned red. Master Garen says I'll understand when I get older. Master Yoda read it because there?s little claw marks in it. Master Yoda even patted me on the head later on.

I wonder why?[face_laugh] *rolls around laughing*

Aww! That was so funny, and adorably heartwarming. You covered a lot of their backstory, but did it in a quirky, definately ten-year-old POV way. Thanks so much for the giggle!=D=
  16. aethersprite2534 Jedi Padawan

awww...this was so cute! I love Anakin's innocence.
    I'm gonna say that the best part was the "seething cauldron of emotions." somehow that just struck me as really, really funny!
    very well written...I can only imagine Anakin reading this again, especially with the little "stiff" line.
    nice job!
    =D=
  17. princess_of_naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    As a Dune fan, what I pictured wouldn't fit in a desk well. :p

So, did you intend the double meaning there? ;)
  18. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    this was really very sweet. you do 10-year-olds very well.
  19. corellian-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    So sweet and lovely to read. [face_love]

You're the ultimate Anakin/Obi-Wan writer!
  20. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Gkilkenny: by your smilies, I see you do know what she means.

Kelia ? mixing praise and complaints sounded very Ani to me. He is rather innocent, isn?t he?

Etain: aw, thanks.

LilyHobbitJedi: I?m glad it came across as hilarious. It was meant to.

VaderLVR64: Aw, but doesn?t humor arose out of misfortunes?

Jedidas3: Put your kids online and I?ll ask! I know I have mornings like that.

AngelQueen: I?m so glad you liked it.

Teresa: Obi?s reaction coming up soon.

Earlybird-Obi-Wan: Yes, that?s a still-innocent 10 year old.

Jedi_Perigrine: I?m glad it came across as somewhat age-appropriate. Gee, I guess I know what everyone?s favorite part is, so I can see Obi addressing this in a message to Siri.

Dianethx: I like ?adorable.?:D

Amidalachick: Well of course that was from Ani?s perspective ? it was his essay.

Lolly_Tolly: You liked it, you liked it! (Channelling Sally Fields)

Helen_Taft: I?m glad the quirky worked because that was my intent.

Aethersprite2534: I'm gonna say that the best part was the "seething cauldron of emotions." somehow that just struck me as really, really funny! Actually, that?s my favorite part as well. I think it got lost in the ?other? line.

I can only imagine Anakin reading this again, especially with the little "stiff" line.

If I turned this into an over the years series, yeah. Fun, indeed.

Princess_of_naboo: I?m not a Dune fan, I just pulled Sand from Tatooine and worms from ? well, I don?t like worms.

Did I intend the double-meaning ? well, of course I did. Just read The Sith Stops Here or 2 Shifts at the Ladies Only Bar in Mos Eisely. I just adore double entendres, but they?re hard to keep board friendly. I yanked a chapter from another story because it was FULL of such and the story was very serious.

Ratna: Aw, thanks.

Corellian-jedi: Aw, gee, you make me blush. Thanks so much.

Quick note: While I had not initially planned to do so, there will be an Obi response (I was already working on such before anyone suggested this).

There may be a few more essays/messages as well. After all, Obi does have to at least [face_shame_on_you] at Siri ? or maybe he doesn?t get it and has to ask what that was all about. :oops:

In fact, if any reader wants to weigh in, I can go two options:

This is AU and Siri speaks from experience, (yes, I mean that) or
    This is canon, and wishful thinking on Siri's part
  21. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  22. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    Who cares? As long as you post it, it's bound to be good!

Though I don't really like the completely naive Obi-Wan thing.
  23. Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww, that was so cute! Anf how inproper of Siri to giggle like that at Anakin's stiff remark!o_O He's only a kid!

Well done!

Cheers_Cazza@};-
  24. nabooqueen2008 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am literally rolling on the floor laughing!!!!!

~nabooqueen~
  25. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.